Verified Expert in Engineering
Systems Architect Developer
Brayan is a systems architect and site reliability engineer with over 13 years of professional experience in systems engineering in industries such as healthcare, telecommunications, and banking. He has brought added value to client projects by architecting and implementing highly available enterprise application platforms, NFV platforms, and OpenStack private cloud deployments. Brayan is proficient with automation, Linux scripting, MySQL administration, clustering, and IaC.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Python, Terraform, MySQL, Ansible, Docker, OCI, OpenStack, Git
The most amazing...
...tool I've built is a compliance management system that allows one to create, manage and apply rules based on compliances such as CIS/PCI-DSS on multiple hosts.
Site Responsibility Engineer
- Developed and managed CI/CD pipelines for eight projects regarding SaaS product deployment.
- Created a backup and restore tool for on-premise application environments.
- Developed Terraform modules to provision three infrastructure environments within AWS cloud, including two EKS clusters.
- Integrated the organization's self-hosted runners for GitHub Actions pipelines.
- Performed operations-level enhancements to the project and application by introducing new workflows and automation.
- Migrated a clinic management system to AWS Fargate, which serves more than 30 medical clinics in Singapore.
- Introduced an IaC practice for infrastructure management to the IT department.
- Managed the automation for edge devices via an RMM platform.
hSenid Mobile Solutions
- Designed and participated in developing an NFV VNFM platform for a telecommunications client. OpenStack interfacing, a microservice API design and development, and database and application workflow design were completed under this role.
- Designed and developed an Ansible collection to automate deployment tasks in multiple projects within the organization.
- Assisted a healthcare company in migrating their workloads to AWS Fargate and developed a CI/CI pipeline for automated deployment of new application versions.
Associate Systems Architect
hSenid Mobile Solutions
- Recommended architectural improvements for multiple telecommunication application platform deployments.
- Upgraded an OpenStack Private Cloud deployment from RHOSP 7 to RHOSP 10 for a Singapore university institute.
- Designed OpenStack deployment focusing on site-to-site instance migration for a Singapore telecommunication company and managed the platform's deployment.
- Developed an application to centrally manage the in-house application deployments leveraging Bash, Python, and Ansible.
Tech Lead (Systems Implementation)
hSenid Mobile Solutions
- Designed the site-to-site fail-over Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Cluster leveraging GlusterFS storage.
- Contributed to the team effort of developing and implementing standards in the customer support and implementation processes.
- Designed and developed Service Manager, a Shell and Python-based application for manage and failover services in a Linux environment without using a native cluster solution.
- Implemented company policies, technical procedures, and standards for preserving the integrity and security of data, reports, and access.
Senior Implementation Engineer
hSenid Software Singapore Pvt Ltd
- Involved in implementation and support of several application platforms for a leading mobile operator in Singapore for 3.5 years as the onsite systems engineer.
- Gained knowledge of various mobile operator technologies including, Sigtran Stack, SMSC, USSDC, SMPP, and HLR provisioning.
- Gained knowledge and experience on Nokia Surepay IN and supported application platforms.
- Acted as lead engineer on various R&D projects for trending technologies in system deployment.
hSenid Mobile Solutions
- Involved with support and implementation of enterprise application platforms for various mobile operators in multiple countries.
- Conducted customer training programs in Sri Lanka and the Nation of Brunei.
- Acted as an onsite support engineer for a leading mobile operator in Brunei for 1.5 years.
- Involved with the deployment of mobile recharge and messaging platforms.
Migrate Clinic Management System to AWS Fargate
VNF Manager (VNFM) - NFV MANO
I was the principal architect in the project and developed two out of eight microservices within the application platform, one utility tool, and an entire automation framework with Ansible.
• VNF Package Creator: A tool that accepts the YAML configuration file as an input to create a TOSCA-based VNFD package based on ETSI specification.
• VNF Package Parser: A microservice that parses a TOSCA-based VNF package and oversees the package for ETSI package management.
• VIM Adapter: An application that creates and manages the virtual resources stated in the VNF package in the underline OpenStack platform via Terraform.
• An Ansible Collection that plays the core role for automation in deployment and application provisioning within the platform.
Element Management System - NFV MANO
I was the architect who designed the application aligned with ETSI specifications and played the tech lead and principle developer role in the project. I developed five out of 12 microservices within the application.
• EMS Lifecycle Manager: VNF Component Instance lifecycle manager.
• EMS Service Manager: VNF Instance service management application.
• Patch Management framework: Ansible-based patch management tool.
• VNF Indicator Manager: ETSI component for VNF instance metric collection.
• Local SSL Certificate Issuer: Application to issue local CA signed SSL certificates.
Service Management Script Framework
I was the designer and developer of the tool. It is being used in many customer environments of hSenid Mobile.
Centralized Patch Management Tool
I was the designer and developer of the application. It was adopted in the hSenid Mobile NFV product suite to manage the application updates and service application deployment on instance creation.
Bash Script, Python, Bash, PHP
Terraform, Ansible, Docker Compose, Nagios, Celery, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Git, Grafana, GitLab CI/CD, Shell, AWS ELB, AWS Fargate, Amazon EKS, GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CodeBuild, Helm
Linux, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack, LAMP, Amazon EC2, AWS ALB, Azure, Kubernetes
Cloud Architecture, AWS Cloud Architecture, SANs, RAID, Networking, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), DevOps Engineer, Amazon RDS, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), RESTful Microservices, RESTful Web Services, Business Solutions, Information Systems, Prometheus, Switch Configuration, GitHub Actions, CI/CD Pipelines, ECS, Argo CD
SQLAlchemy, Flask-RESTful, REST APIs, OpenAPI, Python API Bindings for OpenStack
MySQL, Ceph, GlusterFS, Redis, Oracle Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EFS
Bachelor's Degree in Information and Communication Technology
University of Colombo School of Computing - Colombo, Sri Lanka
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2019 Certified Specialist
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Certified Architect Professional
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Certified Cloud Operations Associate
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Certified Architect Associate
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Foundations 2020 Certified Associate
Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack
Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack
Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Database Administrator