Independent Consultant — Data Scientist2017 - PRESENTJSS Information Technology Business Incubator
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Git, Jupyter Notebook, Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Python
- Associated with JSS Information Technology Business Incubator as a data science mentor.
- Helped small companies and startups take advantage of their data.
- Created predictive models using machine learning.
- Worked with natural language processing with neural networks.
- Developed classification and regression algorithms.
- Implemented time-series forecasting.
- Developed image detection with deep learning.
Data Scientist2019 - 2019A Telecommunications and Media Company in the US
Technologies: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Python
- Worked with a telecommunications and media company in the US on identifying fake news.
- Developed two models to identify sarcasm and quantification fallacies in articles.
Independent Consultant – Data Scientist2019 - 2019IBM
Technologies: Linear Programming, Plotly, Python
- Worked for IBM US to optimize its US facility leases to run its operation.
- Developed a Python model to improve facility utilization, reduce facility operations cost and reduce lease cost along with number of business constraints.
Independent Consultant – Data Scientist2018 - 2018AbbVie, Inc.
Technologies: Association Rule Learning, Cluster, Regression, Matplotlib, Plotly, R, Python
- Worked closely with the C-level executive and product management team to analyze the survey and produced data/reports.
- Helped the product team and executive team to make more informed decisions—increasing market share through the identification of new opportunity, target segments and devising ingenious new ways of resolving constraints.
Independent Consultant – Data Scientist2017 - 2018Newristics
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Git, Jupyter Notebook, Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, NLTK, SpaCy, GloVe, Gensim, LSTM, Python
- Developed a Python app which uses natural language processing with deep neural networks sequence to sequence learning to automate business process.
- Reduced the cost of business operations.
Data Scientist2016 - 2017Sopra Steria Singapore
Technologies: Git, Jupyter Notebook, Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Tableau, Python
- Worked with the Land Transport Authority, Singapore to implement the vision to convert the city into a digital and intelligent one to improve the efficiency of services for the citizens, using machine learning, predictive modeling, and data mining.
Data Scientist2014 - 2015Steria India
Technologies: Classification, Cluster, Regression, Matplotlib, Plotly, R, Python
- Built a recommendation system for an eCommerce site; it recommended the best possible items to buy based on customer history and collaborative filtering.
- Helped with customer churn prediction by developing a classification algorithm for a retail bank to identify customers likely to churn balances in the next quarter by at least 50% vis-a-vis current quarter.
- Created a classification algorithm for a retail bank to improve sales from existing customers by cross-selling one of its product, the personal loan (customer cross-sales).
Technical Program Manager1997 - 2014Steria India — Barclays Bank
Technologies: Oracle, Content Management, Ab Initio, WebSphere, XML, Java, COBOL, JCL, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), IBM DB2, CICS
- Set up business benefits of around £43 million over five years in customer retention, cost savings, and new business opportunities at an estimated cost of around £12 million.
- Acted as a vital member of the steering committee that identified user needs and developed customized solutions for around 250,000 Barclaycard acquiring merchants.
- Led a project team of 147 members including solution architects, designers, developers, and testers spread across multi-geographical locations through the entire project development life cycle.
- Consistently stayed within around 5% of resource and budget forecast monthly.
- Recognized as problem solver within a team of 22 project managers in the portfolio of annual spend over £70 million.