Verified Expert in Engineering
Solutions Architect and Developer
Rajiv is a British Computer Society Chartered IT Professional, an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and a seasoned change leader. His 27 years of experience drive both multinational and startup software and technology development as well as financial system delivery. Rajiv is currently focused on helping organizations with cloud and SaaS adoptions.
Cloud, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...things I've developed are methodologies that rapidly assess the complexity, readiness, and risk of migrating an application or legacy database to the cloud.
- Conceived and launched a LegacyDB offering that now exists in many local governments and insurance, medical, and legal institutions.
- Worked on solution design, decision support, and leadership to help organizations on their cloud journey. Projects include professional services, such as $700,000 cloud migration for an asset management firm.
- Developed and helped with a migration strategy application for financial services and asset management.
- Worked on solution design and delivery and got recommended as a member of a small group of four to work as a trusted advisor to CIOs and CTOs for specific global accounts.
Consultant | Project and Program Manager
We Innovate Networkers
- Worked on cloud center of excellence (COE) migration for Vodafone in Bucharest, Dublin, and London, migrating business support system (BSS) and operations support system (OSS) apps to achieve the 2020 target of hosting 65% of apps on a XaaS model.
- Initiated £220 million data center and CNI application migration to a more secure, resilient environment and reported to a program director of National Grid.
- Acted as Arvato Bertelsmann's global delivery head for a global airline group's contact center application and digital rollouts across 11 locations. Analyzed a solution for four airlines' business process outsourcing (BPO) contact center proposal.
- Created a business case, a high-level solution, and a go-to-market plan for cloud-enabled data center and value-added services, i.e., SIEM, IaaS, and SaaS, for St. John Innovation Center's Tatweer research. Delivered a $96 million investment case.
Core Financial System
I headed testing functions encompassing 60,000 test cases and a UAT or QA team of 150 bank testers plus 110 Quinnox team members. We ensured timely completion of functional and non-functional reviews, data migration, and front-to-back global ledger reconciliation, interfaces, and reports.
This was a complex integration and amalgamation of disparate vendor technologies with 26 applications covering:
• Finacle and FinnOne as core banking products.
• Veripark Microsoft Dynamics for customer relationship management (CRM).
• Finacle for investment banks and merchant banks.
• SmartVista is a payment solution platform.
• Miles Software for wealth management.
• SAP BusinessObjects business intelligence (BI) platform, Oracle Hyperion Planning, and Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) for treasury, reporting, a management information system (MIS), and an operational data store (ODS).
• Pentana for conducting risk assessments in internal audits.
Head of Software Delivery
After the successful progress of the Oracle Financial project, I took on a dynamic portfolio of projects, ranging from core insurance system replacement to creating B2B internet portals, reporting BI portal, and Dynamic CRM. Additionally, I encouraged active business participation within steering groups and Champions of Change to maintain stakeholder commitment.
Finally, I led a timely and quality-centric integration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, MDM, Oracle E-Business Suite, an enterprise service bus (ESB), and SOA on mondCloud. The annual budget was $32 million.
High-performance Computing, Testing, DevOps, Management
Consulting, IT Consulting, Risk Assessment, Complex Reasoning, Cloud Migration, IT Projects, Technical Program Management, Software, Networks, Project Management Office (PMO), Problem Management, Cloud, Engineering, ITIL 4, PMO, Architecture, Development, IT Service Management (ITSM), Strategy, Information Technology
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure
Undergraduate Coursework in Mechanical Engineering
University of Portsmouth - Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Chartered IT Practitioner (CITP)
British Computer Society
SFIA Level 6
British Computer Society
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring