Data Engineer – SSIS (via Toptal)2021 - PRESENTDermalogica
Technologies: AWS, Azure, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Shopify API, Oracle Cloud, Alteryx, Google Analytics API
- Converted 90+ Alteryx workflow into an SSIS package, using SQL and C# for full automation. It uses API to download data from different sources into JSON and XML and moves to normalize the forms for accounts, general ledger, reporting, and analysis.
- Involved in five Google Analytics API workflows, 18 Oracle Cloud Planning API workflows, eight Phorest API workflows, five RingCentral API workflows, 60 Shopify API workflows, and three office safety API workflows.
- Converted an existing workflow from Alteryx to SSIS, saving the company almost $200,000 per year.
- Made the SSIS packages fully configurable to accommodate future changes with minimal code change and easy deployment to the development, test, or production stages, using configuration tweaks.
Database Analyst2016 - PRESENTDubai Electricity and Water Authority
Technologies: C#, SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Python 3, AWS
- Architected the server and database infrastructure to support over ten million transactions per month and received various substations' equipment.
- Performed complicated calculations to automatically generate a network ring maximal load for the DEWA network and applied IP and copyright protection for the project.
- Oversaw all aspects of the database design, implementation, administration, and support processes to ensure data assets' availability, interoperability, and stability.
- Delivered over 20 complex web and database system assessment projects with schema design, creation of SPs, views, users, user permissions, data access layers, data integration, and data reporting.
- Contributed to the database server clustering for high availability of different domains and different usages like dev, test, stage, utility, and production.
- Managed database security, which involved the design, development, and implementation of automated encrypted data backup.
- Implemented data warehousing for historical data to analyze and identify power consumption requirements and make decisions accordingly.
- Contributed to SQL trace and statistics capturing to enhance performance and optimize stored procedures and queries.
- Implemented the auto-synchronization from the SCADA server to multiple servers for data population and machine learning for forecasting.
- Created a data-sharing solution for APIs via XML and JSON.
Expert Database Administrator2011 - 2016Allscripts India Pvt. Ltd
Technologies: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed a new data migration tool called Copy Configuration to migrate configuration data from a source to a target, saving clients a lot of effort. The client can easily set up, from a demo to a fully functioning version, in less than a day.
- Oversaw the database server administration, including upgrades, service packs, space verification, replication or mirroring setup, validation, database backup and recovery, user creation, SQL code checks, and SQL maintenance plan.
- Conducted the performance tuning of all the instances, designed the database, and validated newly developed modules.
- Mentored a team that developed the SSIS package and SSRS reports and deployed them on different servers.
- Set up a data warehouse for historical data and analytical solution for billing-related information.
- Followed an Agile methodology while working in a team of over ten developers.
- Led a project module that included development, unit testing, integration, and support.
- Delivered quality work while meeting strict deadlines.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2011IgatePatni Limited (Formerly Patni Computers Ltd)
Technologies: C#, VB.NET, SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Led software consulting and guided team members in resolving problems, schema design, development, and server deployment.
- Created reports, stored procedures, views, and functions, fixed defects, and validated code.
- Developed and maintained the existing DTS and SSIS packages.
- Performed database tuning and optimized stored procedures.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2010Rishabh Software
Technologies: SQL Server BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed over 20 complex reports, stored procedures, and functions, including a report integration with a financial app and SSIS development for data integration and migration.
- Found and fixed bugs in TFS and assigned them back to QA for further validation.
- Received client appreciation for fixing 18 defects in a single day to ensure that the new release met the deadline.
Database Analyst Integrator2007 - 2010Augure India
Technologies: SQL Server BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Integrated over 50 different providers from more than ten countries with various sources and structures into standard Augure format and automated the integration and data validation.
- Designed and created a new database that included developing functions, triggers, and a backup-restore database for a new content provider.
- Integrated a new content provider, tuned a database, and optimized stored procedures.
- Designed and developed a contact biography using the MSSQL reporting service.
Software Engineer2005 - 2007Reliance Industries
Technologies: VB.NET, VB, SQL Server 2005
- Developed over five applications in VB 6.0 and SQL Server for an in-house bobbin manufacturer, which involved product tracking, quality tracking, rejection management, and an IT help desk.
- Implemented an SQL Server using SP, views, functions, and trigger writing and performed database administration such as database backups and SQL jobs.
- Developed Crystal Reports helping top management with making decisions.