Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Developer
Rakesh is a data engineer, lead database administrator, and data architect with more than 15 years of experience in MS SQL Server (2000 to 2019), SSIS, SSRS, reporting services, VB, Windows Server, Visual Studio, PowerShell, SQL optimization, and big data. Comfortable working in fast-paced, high-tech environments, Rakesh possesses robust technical skills in various areas of IT and is currently pursuing his interests in Python, machine learning, Power BI, and Google Analytics.
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Windows PowerShell, Python 3, Python, Business Intelligence (BI)
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was a complicated calculation to generate a ring network max load for a distribution network; later, I applied for IP and copyright protection.
Data Engineer – SSIS (via Toptal)
- Converted 90+ Alteryx workflow into an SSIS package, using SQL and C# for full automation. It uses API to download data from different sources into JSON and XML and moves to normalize the forms for accounts, general ledger, reporting, and analysis.
- Involved in five Google Analytics API workflows, 18 Oracle Cloud Planning API workflows, eight Phorest API workflows, five RingCentral API workflows, 60 Shopify API workflows, and three office safety API workflows.
- Converted an existing workflow from Alteryx to SSIS, saving the company almost $200,000 per year.
- Made the SSIS packages fully configurable to accommodate future changes with minimal code change and easy deployment to the development, test, or production stages, using configuration tweaks.
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
- Architected the server and database infrastructure to support over ten million transactions per month and received various substations' equipment.
- Performed complicated calculations to automatically generate a network ring maximal load for the DEWA network and applied IP and copyright protection for the project.
- Oversaw all aspects of the database design, implementation, administration, and support processes to ensure data assets' availability, interoperability, and stability.
- Delivered over 20 complex web and database system assessment projects with schema design, creation of SPs, views, users, user permissions, data access layers, data integration, and data reporting.
- Contributed to the database server clustering for high availability of different domains and different usages like dev, test, stage, utility, and production.
- Managed database security, which involved the design, development, and implementation of automated encrypted data backup.
- Implemented data warehousing for historical data to analyze and identify power consumption requirements and make decisions accordingly.
- Contributed to SQL trace and statistics capturing to enhance performance and optimize stored procedures and queries.
- Implemented the auto-synchronization from the SCADA server to multiple servers for data population and machine learning for forecasting.
- Created a data-sharing solution for APIs via XML and JSON.
Expert Database Administrator
Allscripts India Pvt. Ltd
- Developed a new data migration tool called Copy Configuration to migrate configuration data from a source to a target, saving clients a lot of effort. The client can easily set up, from a demo to a fully functioning version, in less than a day.
- Oversaw the database server administration, including upgrades, service packs, space verification, replication or mirroring setup, validation, database backup and recovery, user creation, SQL code checks, and SQL maintenance plan.
- Conducted the performance tuning of all the instances, designed the database, and validated newly developed modules.
- Mentored a team that developed the SSIS package and SSRS reports and deployed them on different servers.
- Set up a data warehouse for historical data and analytical solution for billing-related information.
- Followed an Agile methodology while working in a team of over ten developers.
- Led a project module that included development, unit testing, integration, and support.
- Delivered quality work while meeting strict deadlines.
Senior Software Engineer
IgatePatni Limited (Formerly Patni Computers Ltd)
- Led software consulting and guided team members in resolving problems, schema design, development, and server deployment.
- Created reports, stored procedures, views, and functions, fixed defects, and validated code.
- Developed and maintained the existing DTS and SSIS packages.
- Performed database tuning and optimized stored procedures.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed over 20 complex reports, stored procedures, and functions, including a report integration with a financial app and SSIS development for data integration and migration.
- Found and fixed bugs in TFS and assigned them back to QA for further validation.
- Received client appreciation for fixing 18 defects in a single day to ensure that the new release met the deadline.
Database Analyst Integrator
- Integrated over 50 different providers from more than ten countries with various sources and structures into standard Augure format and automated the integration and data validation.
- Designed and created a new database that included developing functions, triggers, and a backup-restore database for a new content provider.
- Integrated a new content provider, tuned a database, and optimized stored procedures.
- Designed and developed a contact biography using the MSSQL reporting service.
- Developed over five applications in VB 6.0 and SQL Server for an in-house bobbin manufacturer, which involved product tracking, quality tracking, rejection management, and an IT help desk.
- Implemented an SQL Server using SP, views, functions, and trigger writing and performed database administration such as database backups and SQL jobs.
- Developed Crystal Reports helping top management with making decisions.
Ring Network Max Load
We also compared data from different sources and surfaced discrepancies which helped the engineer with manual verification and reduced the time by nearly 80%, and improved quality and efficiency.
This project has since applied for IP and copyright protection.
One Minute Approval
The basic process is that a contractor sends material-related data, the system parses the email, performs the necessary validation, and then approves or rejects the material based on the validation; it also sends immediate feedback to the contractor. This tool also has an audit functionality.
The project was a success and was sent as an innovative project for Dubai Smart Solution.
TOD and Busbar Switching
Solar and Consumption Forecasting
This work helped the generation department with their planning and generation of electricity.
Sunrise Financial Manager
Delphi from Newmarket, Inc.https://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4061882.html
CCH Reports | WoltersKluwer Grouphttps://www.wolterskluwer.com/en-au/solutions/cch-intelliconnect-apac/accounts-and-financial-reports
The news import service reads source URLs for news and imports the data into
a ComDATA database. Once the news is imported then a CRUD application does QA to check whether the news meets certain conditions or not. Once the news is validated it's marked as deliverable.
Bobbin Tracking System
The software ensures that product property information flows smoothly from the machine to the packing area to avoid mixing and production loss. We also used a process of barcode stickers and scans at various checkpoint stations.
Management Information System
SQL, VB, HTML, Excel VBA, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python 3, C++, C#, XML/XSLT, VB.NET, C#.NET, PHP, Stored Procedure, Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Python
Shopify API, Google Analytics API, PySpark
Microsoft Excel, TFS, Google Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, GitHub, Tableau, SQL Server BI, Crystal Reports, Tableau Desktop Pro
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Alteryx, Jupyter Notebook, Oracle, Azure
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server DBA, Database Architecture, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Oracle Cloud, MySQL, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2000
Information Systems, Data Engineering, Excel Expert, Technical Leadership, Big Data, SAP, Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA), Machine Learning
Windows PowerShell, .NET 4
Business Intelligence (BI)
Engineer's Degree in Information Technology
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University - SVMIT, Bharuch, India
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator