Staff Software Engineer2014 - 2017National Instruments
Technologies: Jenkins, GNUMake, Perforce, Visual Studio, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, iOS, Xamarin
- Developed cross-platform test and measurement applications for Windows and iOS, using Xamarin tools and C#.
- Acted as the main point of contact between the development and localization teams, taking initiative to streamline localization by creating tools to automate significant parts of the localization testing process.
- Consistently delivered requirements ahead of schedule. As the sole developer on one minor release, I enabled the product itself to release a week ahead of schedule.
- Communicated directly with customers via email, forum messages, and in person at trade shows to understand their goals and needs. Used customer feedback to inform feature design and prioritization, resulting in a practical product that efficiently addressed customer use cases.
- Developed and documented group-wide coding practices to avoid memory leaks in the Xamarin.iOS runtime environment.
- Mentored interns and new hires—helping them to understand development processes, company culture, and business goals.
- Was awarded Rookie of the Year 2014 for outstanding achievements as a new hire.