Head of Product2016 - 2017Honey
- Implemented Scrum for a team of 20 developers.
- Managed 5 product managers.
- Oversaw sprint-planning across 4 scrum teams.
- Participated in the architecture and design meetings for new software components.
- Created UI wireframes and worked with designers to turn wireframes into compositions.
- Worked with developers to turn the compositions into a working UI.
Scala Architect2012 - 2016AOL/Gravity (Acquired)
- Supported a recommendation engine that learned a user's article browsing preferences based on topics contained in the articles that user was reading.
- Used Scala to manage the business rules on what types of recommendations can appear in which context.
- Used MySQL and PostgreSQL to store configurations.
- Built an API that allowed programmatic access to the recommendations.
- Developed an API that allowed programmatic access to the reporting data.
- Implemented unit-testing best practices.
- Implemented dependency injection and IoC best practices.
Scala Architect2009 - 2012Skechers
- Re-architected the Skechers retail site from Java/JSP to Scala/Akka/Play.
- Acted as the lead Scala developer and introduced functional style programming.
- Managed and implemented the Skechers Rewards loyalty points program.
- Mentored other team members on Scala/Play best practices.
- Wrote a SOAP parser in Scala.
- Worked as the lead developer for a Java web app serving as the front-end to a custom database.
- Implemented TDD/BDD testing best practices.
Java Developer2005 - 2006Northrop Grumman
- Created a search visualization tool to show which pieces of content had matched which search terms.
- Built communication systems between the search component and visualization component.
- Used HTML/CSS to develop visualization for the front-end.