Data Warehouse Design Developer
Ranjan is a seasoned database architect, designer, and developer with more than 20 years of experience in the database design development, architecture, data governance, data quality management, data warehousing, and business intelligence. Ranjan has the skills to fulfill any data engineering role and enjoys solving business problems using database technology.
ExperienceOracle - 20 yearsData Warehouse Design - 15 yearsDatabase Design - 15 yearsData Warehousing - 15 yearsTableau - 5 yearsSQL Server 2016 - 5 yearsPython - 3 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 3 years
PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was to lead the multi-year, multimillion-dollar initiative to build an enterprise-risk system for one of the biggest insurance companies.
Senior Data and Reporting Consultant
- Developed a centralized enterprise-wide data warehouse database that has the ability to source the raw data from both internal and external sources and in the form of structured and unstructured data.
- Established new database development standards and common database architecture which can be leveraged across multiple projects.
- Worked closely with senior stakeholders in the ALM department to prioritize business requirements and also led the team of developers.
- Created a generic ETL processing and error-logging mechanism.
Senior Data Engineer Consultant
- Helped the client in a data warehouse migration project from an on-premise ParAccel database to Snowflake AWS cloud to provide robust and on-demand scalable architecture.
- Wrote a common Python script that unloads the data from megacycle on-premise database and loads it into the Snowflake cloud database.
- Converted various legacy process which was written in Perl to Python.
- Created a generic ETL processing and error logging mechanism.
Director of Information Technology
- Designed, developed, and maintained a transaction database for a web-based application.
- Established, hired, and led the information technology department.
- Collaborated with senior management, developers, and technical support teams to define project requirements and specifications.
- Organized and facilitated agile and scrum meetings, which included sprint planning, daily scrums or stand-ups, sprint check-ins, and sprint review and retrospectives.
Lead Database Consultant
- Designed and developed a database for an in-house workflow system that enables internal business users to track the claims.
- Designed and developed a database for an in-house claims transaction system to be able to store claims related information.
- Designed and built a database for an in-house rating score system.
- Oversaw unit and system tests and assisted users with acceptance testing.
Development of a Centralized Data Warehouse Database
T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Snowflake, SQL, Perl, Crystal, Python
ETL, Database Design
Oracle, ParAccel, Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PL/SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Shell Scripting
Tableau, Erwin, PuTTY, PyCharm, GitHub, Jenkins, Oracle Developer 2000 (D2K)
Bachelor's Degree in Textile Technolgy
University of Rajasthan - Bhilwara, India