Part-time CTO | Lead Developer | Developer2014 - PRESENTFreelance Work
Technologies: Elixir, Swift, iOS, Blockchain, Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked for multiple clients, generally starting a project from scratch or helping to solve specific problems on an existing application.
- Developed two successful full-stack RoR apps, a native iOS application with an RoR back end, and a distributed process orchestration app in Python and ZeroMQ.
- Refactored several legacy code projects aiming towards a clean and thoroughly tested codebase and implemented best practices on moderns tools.
- Worked on various projects types and technologies.
- Acted as a part-time CTO to help recompose teams or set up new projects.
- Helped small business with simple and fast automation (Zapier and Integromat).
Co-founder | CTO2010 - 2014Structure Computation
- Created a commercial scientific computing framework to plug multiple numerical calculation tools and provide them with an on-demand business model.
- Managed a team of developers and researchers to create industrial products from research results.
- Oversaw the development of a synchronous collaborative 3D modelization tool in the browser.
Founder | CTO2010 - 2013Meet on Exhibitions
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Android, iOS
- Created and developed an application engine: the goal was to provide off-the-shelf applications for specific needs of events (concerts, exhibitions, festivals, and the like). These apps' engines were written in native iOS and Android, they then played an application description in a domain-specific language. Apps could be updated remotely thus avoiding the need to go through a validation procedure in application stores. Exhibitions managers could update all their information (schedule, maps, exhibitor list, and so on) on a web service (Ruby on Rails). Applications were then automatically updated when they were notified (automatic update was not provided by Apple/Google) and the apps could work without network during the event (frequent constraint).
- Set up a continuous deployment pipeline with 100% code coverage. This was the first time I decided to try the "no compromise on quality metrics" and validate its interest.
- Created and managed the full sales process.
CTO | R&D Manager2005 - 2008Netheos
Technologies: Networks, PKCS #11, JCE, Cryptography, Java
- Architected, managed, and developed a USB device holding multiple network services with strong cryptography capacity and storage.
- Developed a full IMAP server and an SMTP that could be run on a pluggable device with specific crypto capacities.
- Built a full suite of services for nomad users with strong end-to-end cryptography.
- Set up and managed the software quality process.
CTO2001 - 2005Manobi
Technologies: Kannel, Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), C, Networks, GSM
- Created a full MMS center operating on a 2.5G network in Sénégal.
- Developed and ran multiple high-availability services on a mobile network.
- Managed the development and operational teams based in three countries.
Founder | CTO | R&D1996 - 2001Travelprice.com
Technologies: Programming, Linux, Networking, Java, Perl, C
- Started Travelprice.com with three co-founders in 1996; in 2001, it became a leader in online tourism in Europe with more than 1 million of daily income and 350 people working in eight countries.
- Set up the first online travel agency engine that found all included prices of available flight in real-time on more than 400 carriers. It was all in C.
- Established a server farm before container and virtualization existed.
- Set up the first website with an online card payment system in 1996.
- Learned and experimented constantly for years on every relevant subject: logical, functional, and declarative paradigms, creating distributed service, low-level networks and systems, team building, and much more.