- Tech LeadQuantum2014 - PRESENT
- Handled the transformation of a legacy system from a monolith to a more modular, small services architecture.
- Used messaging (JMS with ActiveMQ) for service communications; handling service discovery and balancing.
- Improved the UI experience, moving from a "table-based" layout to a CSS3 + HTML5 layout.
- Introduced BDD (Behavior Driven Design) using Serenity and JBehave. Integration tests on our web application uses Selenium + JBehave and our internal systems uses JBehave + JUnit and some internal solutions.
- Handled product team meetings and worked together with a requirements team to split our work in sprints using Scrum methodology.
- Worked with a QA team, joining forces to improve automated tests.
- Gained experience with a SQL Server, handling stability with a database consultant.
- Created a tool for our clients so that they are able to connect with our systems through Excel functions and SOAP. The tool is able to handle tasks queues for each user, in that way one user cannot use all of our CPU power.
- Created a back-end + front-end framework for handling contextual user navigation throughout our legacy web system. The technology shows different information based on what is selected and in which screen the user is in. The solution was challenging due to the legacy nature of the application and we did it in a way so that it is now simple to extend and improve the solution.
- ProfessorCCE PUC-Rio Centro2012 - PRESENT
- Worked as a professor of back-end development using servlets and JDBC on other low-level technologies.
- Taught databases using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Software EngineerInstituto Tecgraf - PUC-Rio2013 - 2014
- Supported a long-term emergency system for Petrobras with innumerable developers, managers, and QA staff.
- Used JavaServer Faces with PrimeFaces and some internal technologies to handle the application.
- Contributed to an internal schemaless database based on description logic.
- Aided in management meetings and provided solutions for handling the products.
- Used Knockout + PrimeFaces for handling the front-end.
- Senior Software EngineerMinds at Work2010 - 2013
- Promoted to project coordinator of clients. There I led several other Single Page Applications for the same client. Examples are: a due diligence system, a qualitative analysis system, a risk workflow system. and others.
- As we grew, the client cancelled contracts with other software providers and gave the projects to us. We had to take a lot of bad code and improve it using software engineering patterns and a lot of refactorings. In one month, we had the system operational, but throughout the years we was always trying to improve the products.
- Helped to create the first QA team of the company. The team was responsible for creating new Selenium integration tests for new products and different clients.
- Project CoordinatorOIP - PUC-Rio2004 - 2010
- As a trainee, maintained a Visual Basic for Application for the Hospital ProCrianca.
- Data mined Brazil's education ministry.
- Developed a workflow tool in Java for the legislative assembly of Sao Paulo.
- Worked as a project coordinator for legacy software for the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Portuguese Fundação Oswaldo Cruz aka FIOCRUZ).