eCommerce Consultant2017 - PRESENTJOSITY
- Developed custom eCommerce solutions.
Software Development Manager2015 - 2017Altex
Technologies: Magento, PHP, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Vagrant, Docker
- Built and led the in-house development team.
- Planned development projects.
- Coded for the project.
CTO and Managing Partner2013 - 2015MageLine
Technologies: Magento, Symfony, CodeIgniter
- Developed eCommerce solutions based in Magento.
- Made project estimations.
- Managed clients and client accounts.
- Handled sales.
Tech Lead2014 - 2014Optaros
Technologies: Magento, Redis, AWS
- Consulted and led technical projects for Optaros, working for a globally known client (Nestlé) and spending more than seven months on the client side in Switzerland.
- Provided technical solutions and suggestions.
- Transferred knowledge from other development companies.
- Managed a team of more than 40 people all over the world.
CTO2012 - 2013INNOBYTE
Technologies: Magento, Varnish, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Worked closely with the development manager to ensure the proper functioning of the development department. Set development procedures, flows and development best practices, and oversaw project plans, estimates, and development.
- Modified the team structure as needed, taking into consideration various changes in the initial setup. Always adapted based on priorities and project changes and availability.
- Led and motivated all team members. Constantly held one-on-one discussions, measuring the employee satisfaction index. Identified weak points and proposed training in order to improve them. Obtained budgets to ensure proper hardware and software was in place for each colleague.
- Guided/led teams in the estimation process for new projects. Provided technical insights. Assessed project plans and adjusted accordingly. Proposed scope changes in order to meet the client’s needs regarding budget and/or timeframe. Took known issues from past projects into account and optimized flows/processes in order to avoid them.
- Read up on new trends, business models, and new business lines to support the company and/or create brand awareness. Responded to clients' RFQs, converting leads to clients. Actively developed existing clients, proposing new projects for their business.
- Set up goals for team members and monitored them through time, for career progression and team leadership (both formal and informal performance reviews). Proposed and developed a 360-degree evaluation platform.
- Successfully managed and resolved conflicts, either between team members or in relationships with clients. Convinced old customers to return to the company and convinced existing customers to further develop our relationship, addressing their concerns and improving all possible issues.
- Interviewed new talent for all open positions HR manager, senior developers, developers, QA engineers, front-end developers, sysadmin) taking into consideration more than hard skills in order to maintain company`s culture. Successfully head-hunted when needed.
- Maintained contact with clients, making sure that all aspects of the partnership were meeting expectations. Mediated any arising conflicts.
- Coordinated mixed teams to develop various eCommerce solutions based on Magento.
Senior Web Developer/Tech Lead2011 - 2012INNOBYTE
Technologies: PHP, Magento, MySQL, Varnish, Memcached
- Led and collaborated with teams that developed some of Romania's biggest eCommerce platforms, most of them based on Magento.
Senior PHP Developer2009 - 2010Kinectico
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Magento, WordPress
- Developed various apps using PHP-based frameworks.