- Designed, developed, and maintained a modular and test-driven AngularJS framework used by feature-level teams to consolidate duplicate code and to enable a faster development environment.
- Developed all code using Extreme Programming techniques including test-driven development, pair programming in an open space, the Pomodoro technique, and daily standups.
- Helped the QA teams with development and setup of automation framework standards.
- Collaborated across teams to improve process, design, and architecture.
- Front-end Lead Developer (Consultant)2013 - 2014iCapitalNetwork
- Led the development of a single-page application.
- Set up the entire front-end framework to include all the tools needed to help rapid development while maintaining integrity. Used RequireJS, Jasmine, Karma, and Protractor.
- Designed the application’s RESTful APIs to be consumed by the front-end framework.
- Utilized HTML5, CSS3 (LESS), and Bootstrap to build cutting edge and responsive pages.
- Senior Front-end Engineer2011 - 2013AOL Inc. (patch.com)
- Developed and optimized the front-end framework using RequireJS, Handlebars.js, and Backbone.js, to maximize the user experience.
- Designed and developed a front-end operations-based system allowing our front-end developers to pick and choose which elements and widgets are displayed on any given page based on user operation permissions.
- Enabled the front-end framework along with the Play 2.0 framework (Scala) to set pages viewed to a “Push State” without additional work.
- Wrote the application controllers in the Play 2.0 framework using Scala.
- Kept track of platform performance from the end user perspective by collecting data from user browsers.
- Tracked metrics including time to first byte, page load times, and bandwidth in order to optimize the code for various types of Internet connections.