Software Developer in New York, NY, United States
Member since November 17, 2014
- Designed, developed, and maintained a modular and test-driven AngularJS framework used by feature-level teams to consolidate duplicate code and to enable a faster development environment.
- Developed all code using Extreme Programming techniques including test-driven development, pair programming in an open space, the Pomodoro technique, and daily standups.
- Helped the QA teams with development and setup of automation framework standards.
- Collaborated across teams to improve process, design, and architecture.
Front-end Lead Developer (Consultant)2013 - 2014iCapitalNetwork
- Led the development of a single-page application.
- Set up the entire front-end framework to include all the tools needed to help rapid development while maintaining integrity. Used RequireJS, Jasmine, Karma, and Protractor.
- Designed the application’s RESTful APIs to be consumed by the front-end framework.
- Utilized HTML5, CSS3 (LESS), and Bootstrap to build cutting edge and responsive pages.
Senior Front-end Engineer2011 - 2013AOL Inc. (patch.com)
- Developed and optimized the front-end framework using RequireJS, Handlebars.js, and Backbone.js, to maximize the user experience.
- Designed and developed a front-end operations-based system allowing our front-end developers to pick and choose which elements and widgets are displayed on any given page based on user operation permissions.
- Enabled the front-end framework along with the Play 2.0 framework (Scala) to set pages viewed to a “Push State” without additional work.
- Wrote the application controllers in the Play 2.0 framework using Scala.
- Kept track of platform performance from the end user perspective by collecting data from user browsers.
- Tracked metrics including time to first byte, page load times, and bandwidth in order to optimize the code for various types of Internet connections.
- Front-end Performance Tracking System (Development)
Kept track of platform performance from the end user perspective by collecting data from user browsers, including time to first byte, page load times, and bandwidth. Optimized the code for various types of Internet connections.
FrameworksAngularJS, Bootstrap, Express.js, Protractor, Ionic, Express.io, Redux, Jest, Play Framework
Libraries/APIsUnderscore.js, jQuery, Backbone.js, RequireJS, AngularUI, D3.js, React, Socket.IO, Node.js
ToolsChrome Developer Tools, WebStorm, Bower, Grunt, Sublime Text, Adobe Photoshop, Karma
PlatformsWindows, FreeBSD, Linux, MacOS, Apache Kafka
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Test Automation, Extreme Programming, REST
StorageRedis, MongoDB, Memcached, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2001 - 2005Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah