- CTO, Co-founderOnstore.kz2012 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Memcached, RabbitMQ, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, Mustache, Require.js
- Built an application on Zend Framework 2 to ease maintainability and the overall development process. Reduced codebase complexity.
- Used Elasticsearch and its powerful features to provide stable and easy-to-use product information storage, full-text search, filters, and analytics related to sold products.
- Used a Mustache rendering engine for both server-side and client-side to help keep view templates "dry". Enabled rapid building of a clean front-end.
- Co-founderKiwi.kz2009 - 2012
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis, C, Sphinx, Cassandra, RabbitMQ
- Scaled the product by moving the application from a monolithic to a distributed service-oriented architecture.
- Rewrote a balancing daemon in C to resolve availability issues caused by video view requests and player embeds.
- Improved overall performance by moving heavyweight and minor tasks to queues and performing batch processing offline.
- Redesigned the data layer, tuned PostgreSQL, and implemented a write-thru cache layer, resulting in a huge gain in performance and request latency.
- Moved related video and keyword searches into Sphinx to improve search quality and reduce main database load.
- Designed a Cassandra data layer and used it as a main storage system for all platform activity feeds and usage statistics, which resulted in the ability to scale the application horizontally.
- CTO and Co-founderYvision.kz2008 - 2001
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Hadoop, Apache Pig
- Used MVC and other architecture patterns (such as Domain Model, Repository, and Service) to help keep the code clean and to develop Agile application components.
- Designed and built stat gathering features and an offline processing workflow for unique visitors, as well as a page views analytics tool for internal top ratings with the help of Apache Pig and DataFu.