- SDEAmazon2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java, AWS
- Worked on different products of the group.
- Java ContractorLibon2014 - 2015
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Cassandra, Oracle
- Contributed to the development of back-end APIs used by web, Android, and iOS.
- Developed new features and made performance improvements.
- Migrated parts of the data from Oracle to Cassandra.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Big Data EngineerSocial Point2013 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Git, RedShift, Cassandra
- Built an anomaly detection system.
- Improved the stability and scalability of a system based in Redis for handling thousands of events per second.
- Implemented multiple applications for importing data from external sources.
- Wrote a workshop on MapReduce for the rest of the team with Mincemeat.py.
- Lead Java DeveloperOdobo2012 - 2013
- Identified and developed process improvements and tool requirements including a tool for importing database fixtures. Used multiple sources such as YAML and SQL batch files.
- Developed a routing application.
- Implemented a game back-end.
- Created a web-based application for replaying games.
- Built an applications deployment framework.
- Senior Ruby on Rails DeveloperVictor Chandler (BetVictor)2009 - 2012
- Developed a betting application in Rails.
- Handled troubleshooting and bug fixing, including writing scripts for diagnostic purposes.
- Developed a REST web service in Java, with Oracle and Coherence in the back-end.
- Supported multiple legacy systems in Java and Ruby.
- Java ContractorVISA Europe2008 - 2009
Technologies: Eclipse, RSA, RUP, OJB, DB2, Maven, ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Designed and lead the development of a system for processing non-financial transactions. Simplified and improved the performance of the application by processing a batch of transactions as a single transaction.
- Developed a test framework for the reporting system by creating a serialized version of the processed data.
- Implemented multiple reports, with presentation of the data based on existing examples of legacy systems.
- Implemented an application scaffold to avoid using WebSphere during development.
- Improved the unit testing framework of the application.
- Software developerCantor2004 - 2006
Technologies: Java, Spring
- Worked in a spread betting application.
- DeveloperNokia2004 - 2004
- Working as a Java contractor on a gateway that allowed multiple Nokia systems to send SMS messages.
- Java DeveloperNetdecisions2000 - 2002
- Implemented an HTML form system using an in-house template system.
- Started as junior developer, was promoted to lead developer for some projects, and eventually became part of the company's core team.
- Worked on a distributed component framework (similar to EJB) as part of the company's core team.
- Worked as lead developer of a project (Pharmalogy) with 10+ developers, contributing to multiple tasks in order to complete the project on time.
- Developed clickmango.com as a junior Java developer.