Java Developer in Montevideo, Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Senior Software Engineer and Developer2008 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Scala, Play, Slick, Java, C#, MySQL, Angular.js, REST, Cyclos
- Developed the CardApp website and back-end. CardApp offers rechargeable Mastercard debit cards.
- Built OlhaConta's transactional engine based con Cyclos. OlhaConta is an SMS-based banking alternative for the low-income sector in Brazil.
- Created the web version of the Pan American Health Organization's perinatal information system, used in maternity wards throughout Latin America.
- Developed a system to hierarchically aggregate the perinatal information system's data across institutions.
- Developed the back-end for Banco Sofisa's mobile application in Brazil.
- Improved MarketMuse's user authentication system and site crawler, using Scala and Play! Framework. (via TopTal).
Senior Architect and Developer2009 - 2014Micropagos S.A.
Technologies: Java, EJB 3.0, JBoss 5, Scala, ISO 8583, Git, Gradle, MySQL
- Architected, designed, and developed Uruguay’s leading mobile payment platform.
- Organized the development team.
- Created a fully modular, failsafe transaction engine.
- Built an SMS application framework.
- Provided second-level support on operations.
- Adopted tools and methodologies for teamworking such as Scrum, Jira, GiT, and Gerrit.
Development Team Leader and Systems Administrator2006 - 2009Handsoft S.A.
Technologies: CentOS 6, Java, EJB 3.0, JBoss, TomCat, Apache, MySQL, Java ME
- Developed the back-end for early mobile applications.
- Programmed Java ME games.
- Set up, configured, and provided support for production server environment.
- Organized the development team.
- Architected and developed an SMS tracking and routing platform.
GeneXus Development Team1997 - 2002ARTech S.A.
Technologies: Prolog, C++, Visual Basic, SQL Server, MySQL
- Maintained GeneXus tool.
- Developed several new functions and supported the Visual Basic Generator.
- Created an interface module with Microsoft Office.
- Built a web components module (reusable web snippets).
- Helped design a workflow engine.
- CardNow (Development)
A virtual, rechargeable credit card.
- Olha Conta (Development)
An SMS-based banking alternative for the low-income sector in Brazil.
- Micropagos (Development)
The engine behind most of Uruguay's mobile payment systems.
- Web and Mobile Versions of Perinatal Information System (Development)
An HTML5 adaptation of an existing system for maternity and birth tracking.
- MarketMuse (via Toptal) (Development)
Improved authentication system and site crawler.
FrameworksJavaServer Pages (JSP), Hibernate, Play Framework, JPA, JSF, JUnit, Bootstrap 3, jPOS, Cordova, .NET, JBoss Seam, AngularJS, Akka
Libraries/APIsHTTP API, JAXB, RichFaces, Slick, JAX-WS, JTA, JMS, React, Scala.js, jQuery
ToolsSubversion (SVN), JCE, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Tomcat, Git, Jira, Gradle, SBT, FogBugz, SoapUI, Apache, Solr
ParadigmsREST, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Concurrent Programming, Functional Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Scrum, Agile Software Development
PlatformsJava EE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS EC2, Unix, Linux, Jelastic, Heroku
StorageJBoss AS, MySQL, PouchDB, CouchDB, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
OtherAjax, HTTP, Servlets, SMS, EJB 3, Payment Gateways, HTTPS, POP3, SMTP
- Partially completed PhD (GPA 4.0) degree in Computer Science/Bioinformatics & Computational Biology2002 - 2005Iowa State University - Ames, IA
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Engineering1994 - 2001Universidad Católica del Uruguay - Montevideo, Uruguay