Verified Expert in Engineering
Raul specializes in Java and Scala development, seeking elegance in software architecture and code and striving for the proper abstractions to obtain maximum productivity and maintainability. He has been coding since he was nine, professionally since he was eighteen. Learning new things is what motivates him the most, and in the past few years, he has begun to specialize in front-end web technologies as well.
Linux, Windows, Git, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is Uruguay's leading mobile payment platform, with a modular transaction engine, SMS routing framework, and PCI/DSS certification.
Senior Software Engineer and Developer
- Developed the CardApp website and back-end. CardApp offers rechargeable Mastercard debit cards.
- Built OlhaConta's transactional engine based con Cyclos. OlhaConta is an SMS-based banking alternative for the low-income sector in Brazil.
- Created the web version of the Pan American Health Organization's perinatal information system, used in maternity wards throughout Latin America.
- Developed a system to hierarchically aggregate the perinatal information system's data across institutions.
- Developed the back-end for Banco Sofisa's mobile application in Brazil.
- Improved MarketMuse's user authentication system and site crawler, using Scala and Play! Framework. (via TopTal).
Senior Architect and Developer
- Architected, designed, and developed Uruguay’s leading mobile payment platform.
- Organized the development team.
- Created a fully modular, failsafe transaction engine.
- Built an SMS application framework.
- Provided second-level support on operations.
- Adopted tools and methodologies for teamworking such as Scrum, Jira, GiT, and Gerrit.
Development Team Leader and Systems Administrator
- Developed the back-end for early mobile applications.
- Programmed Java ME games.
- Set up, configured, and provided support for production server environment.
- Organized the development team.
- Architected and developed an SMS tracking and routing platform.
GeneXus Development Team
- Maintained GeneXus tool.
- Developed several new functions and supported the Visual Basic Generator.
- Created an interface module with Microsoft Office.
- Built a web components module (reusable web snippets).
- Helped design a workflow engine.
Web and Mobile Versions of Perinatal Information System
MarketMuse (via Toptal)
Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Hibernate, Play Framework, JPA, JSF, JUnit, Bootstrap 3, jPOS, Play, .NET, JBoss Seam, AngularJS, Akka
HTTP API, JAXB, RichFaces, Slick, JAX-WS, JTA, JMS, React, Scala.js, jQuery
Subversion (SVN), JCE, Servlet, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Tomcat, Git, Jira, Gradle, SBT, FogBugz, SoapUI, Apache, Solr
REST, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Concurrent Programming, Functional Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Scrum, Agile Software Development
Java EE, Jakarta EE, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Unix, Linux, Jelastic, Heroku, JBoss, CentOS 6, Java ME, Eclipse, Windows
JBoss AS, MySQL, PouchDB, CouchDB, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
Ajax, HTTP, SMS, EJB 3, Payment Gateways, HTTPS, POP3, SMTP, ISO 8583, Cyclos, Cordova
Partially Completed PhD (GPA 4.0) Degree in Computer Science/Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
Iowa State University - Ames, IA
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Engineering
Universidad Católica del Uruguay - Montevideo, Uruguay