Renan Augusto Dembogurski
Verified Expert in Engineering
Computer Graphics Developer
GitHub, WebStorm, Sublime Text, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was an online editor to support the process of strategy evaluation of cogeneration plants.
- Provided consultation for the client's next steps and regarding the state of the application.
- Researched the possibilities and suggested a new UI library that was used. Solved what needed to be done to finish the application.
- Completed the work and provided follow-up services for the client.
Elite Angular 7, 8 Front-end Engineer
Location Based Holdings, Corp
- Reworked and expanded the front-end, which consisted of upgrading the Angular version from 6 to 14, replacing the map library with Leaflet.js, and expanding/separating the code from a single module into several independent lazy-loaded modules.
- Added hundreds of unit/integration tests, with more than 70 new components and 30 services, the proper configuration, including a proxy if needed, a UI library with a custom theme, SCSS instead of CSS, nested routing, and documentation to the README.
- Added 12 modules, including a shared one to reuse components/services and an admin one for admins only; guards for sensible routes, an idle system that kicks the user after a timeout, an interceptor to handle authorization, and errors automatically.
- Updated all library versions to newer ones. Most components are fully responsive with Cypress as the testing framework. Components used a change detection strategy to OnPush to improve performance. The project used the Ivy compiler.
- Updated the project configuration to match newer Angular versions. The entire communication system uses emitters/subscriptions instead of only simple data binding. The application styling should be concise and use SCSS variables.
- Removed the unused libraries, components, and assets.
- Created multiple features, including a reports dashboard that exported information in several formats, and a map dashboard with fully customizable data to be displayed based on date ranges, activity/inactivity, and the alert status.
ADS Environmental Services/IDEX Corp. (via Toptal)
- Created features and helped in the beta release of a cloud-based collection system management platform.
- Developed custom charts based on client needs using Highcharts.
- Improved the layout of components on different pages using creative ideas.
- Worked closely with the company lead developer to achieve all goals and meet the deadlines ahead of time.
- Improved how Highcharts chart updates were integrated with Angular components. Fixed several problems when reloading, resizing, and creating pages using multiple charts sharing the same information.
SageBase (via Toptal)
- Created an application to aggregate genomic evidence supporting candidate gene and module targets nominated by members of the AMP-AD consortium. The application used several different technologies, primarily Angular 6 and 8 and PrimeNG.
- Developed several reusable components and feature modules using the Angular framework and PrimeNG premade components.
- Built the entire front end following the defined design closely. Improved the original designs and suggested ideas whenever possible.
- Constructed the entire back end using Express.js. This includes the creation of endpoints for the REST API, security addition with the Nginx reverse proxy, and connection/usage of the MongoDB database through the server.
- Developed custom charts based on the client's needs using D3.js and dc.js.
- Devised a plan including preprocessing and MapReduce techniques to summarize and display over 200MB of data in the charts without making the user download all the data with each site load and reload.
- Created hundreds of unit tests and commented on most of the code created, making the application easy to maintain. Also added a thorough README file to the project for new developers.
- Worked closely with a company DevOps developer to deploy the application to Amazon Beanstalk and add continuous integration to the project.
- Created reusable scripts to download, update, and start the database for local development.
OrangeAxis (via Toptal)
- Created a slide sharing application prototype using Angular 5 and PrimeNG.
- Developed several reusable components and feature modules using the Angular framework along with PrimeNG premade components.
- Created and integrated complex web pages to meet the client design requirements. All the pages can be routed through navigation and each one uses a different combination of PrimeNG components working together.
- Developed a shared module using several shared services, guards, and helpers to guarantee correct data usage and control.
- Worked closely with the designer in charge to guarantee that the prototype would look, work, and feel just as the client requested it.
Ventrom, LLC (via Toptal)
- Created a decision-making application using Meteor and Angular 2.
- Created several small and medium-sized Electron applications using Angular 2 and 4 and Webpack 2 and 3.
- Developed an Angular module for adding custom charts to components using D3.js and dc.js.
- Optimized the bundle sizes and reduced coded duplication in Angular and Electron applications using multiple entry points in Webpack.
Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora
- Created a cross-platform web application to create and edit flowcharts.
- Carried out site maintenance and update routines.
- Supported full integration with Google Drive to save and retrieve data.
- Created and provided templates based on real-world projects.
- Supported a graph file import and export in various formats such as XML, CSV, and CDU.
Intrinsic Soluções em Informática
- Improved a tool for automatically annotating mentions of DBpedia resources in text.
- Supported the use of several languages together when doing text annotations.
- Generated customized indexes to be used by the Lucene engine when searching for resources.
- Generated customized named-entity recognition models.
- Created a framework to integrate resources from a client database and DBpedia.
Mobile Worker Safety Applicationhttps://alertgps.com/
I developed the front-end entirely by myself, and it has multiple features, handling over 1000 registered users and thousands of devices. Basically, it enables the response to mobile workers and alert events, notifications, reports, general management, and visualization for the entire process.
Their solution is deployed and used by organizations in social and home health care, energy, utilities, homeland security, and many others.
Many components were developed for this project, particularly components with custom charts using D3.js and dc.js.
You can check the charts by going to this link: Agora.ampadportal.org/genes/(genes-router:gene-details/ENSG00000128564). Wait for the page to load and click on the Evidence tab.
2D Side-scroller Gamehttps://zaknarfen.itch.io/escape-from-the-multiverse
The key to playing the game is timing your jumps so that the Multiverse portal won't catch you. I've put a lot of effort into this game, and I think it is really fun to play. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Augmented Reality Planethttps://youtu.be/IwnFth8NJU8
I created it by myself as my master's degree dissertation theme when I was a student and was responsible for the whole application, most importantly the visualization and deformation parts.
I am really proud of this project because it is not very common to see visualization and deformation of detailed meshes at the same time in computer graphics. Using parallel processing, I was able to maintain high FPS even while deforming the mesh as you can see on the video. Also, this project was published in two academic journals.
I have used several libraries to achieve this project, including ARToolKit, OpenGL, GLUT, GLU, GLUI, GLEW, and Boost libraries.
Angular, Angular Material, Express.js, Redux, Next.js, Jest, Jasmine, Unity3D, Unity, Electron, Bootstrap, Corona SDK, AngularJS, Protractor, Deck.gl, Cypress, .NET
React, DC.js, PrimeNG, Leaflet, React Router, D3.js, jQuery, OpenGL, Highcharts, Apache Lucene, Node.js, OpenCV, Vis.js, Velocity.js, XNA, Three.js, RxJS, Google Maps
Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Functional Programming, Design Patterns
Meteor, Windows, Apache Pig, Galaxy, Modulus, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku
Computer Graphics, APIs, IT Projects, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Data Visualization, Front-end, Web Development, Redux Toolkit, Computational Geometry, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Augmented Reality (AR), 2D Games, Game Development, Maps, Full-stack, CI/CD Pipelines, Sprites, Sprite Sheets, Games
Karma, Webpack 2, Webpack, Apache Tomcat, Code::Blocks, IntelliJ IDEA, Sublime Text, Webpack 3, Webpack 4, GitHub, Apache Maven, WebStorm, Microsoft Visual Studio, MongoDB Atlas
MongoDB, Databases, Compose.io, MySQL
Master's Degree in Computer Graphics
Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora - UFJF - MG - Juiz de Fora
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora - UFJF - MG - Juiz de Fora
MERN eCommerce From Scratch
React - The Complete Guide (incl Hooks, React Router, Redux)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring