System Engineer2012 - 2020VALE
Technologies: Linux, Ansible, Python, Perl, Cisco, CA Spectrum, Elastic Stack, Azure, AWS
- Designed, deployed, and supported network monitoring toolset infrastructure for a large enterprise environment.
- Automated the migration of thousands of network devices management configuration from MSP to in-house management using Python and Perl scripts.
- Implemented the Elastic stack to handle network logging management for thousands of network devices for Syslog, TACACS, and Radius accounting.
- Automated the deployment of technical network standards (Security, QoS, AAA, etc.) using Python scripts.
- Implemented AWX (Red Hat Ansible Tower upstream) and developed the playbooks to manage the network management Infrastructure.
- Integrated the Fault Management tool with the ITSM solution using the products API to open, close, update and route incidents to the correct groups based on complex business rules.
- Developed a custom NagVis backend in PHP to query the proprietary performance management tool.
- Authored the CA Spectrum Ansible module.
IaC DevOps Engineer2019 - 2019Intelligo Group (via Toptal)
Technologies: Terraform, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Neo4j, AWS, ASG
- Developed Terraform module for the deployment of the Elastic Stack and recommended plugins on AWS, complete with Load Balancer and security best practices. The delivered module supports multiple environments (Dev, QA, Prod, etc) and allows for the customization of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana before deployment.
- Delivered Ansible playbooks for upgrading the environments and applying changes to the configurations.
- Delivered similar Terraform modules and Ansible playbooks for a RabbitMQ Cluster, Redis Cluster, and a Neo4j casual cluster.
- Documented all the Terraform modules and Ansible playbooks with detailed explanations and examples.
System Engineer2003 - 2012EDP - ESCELSA
Technologies: Linux, Nagios, Cisco, Riverbed, VMware ESXi, Perl, Lotus Domino, IronPort
- Designed, implemented, and managed the IT infrastructure monitoring solution based on Nagios, Cacti, and NagVis.
- Migrated Lotus Domino Email solution from Windows to Linux.
- Implemented VOIP Solution based on Asterisk allowing ESCELSA to meet regulatory agency ANEEL requirement of having all customer service agencies interconnected with local extensions numbers by the specified deadline.
- Deployed and Managed IronPort, NetCache, Cisco ASA and Riverbed appliances.
- Implemented a MODBUS gateway in Perl allowing the connection of remote PLCs to the company SCADA system.
- Managed the VMWare ESXi Farm.
Sysadmin1996 - 2003ESCELSANET
Technologies: Linux, Postfix, IMAP, POP3, SQL Server, MySQL, RADIUS
- Designed, implemented, and managed the network infrastructure of the Internet Service Provider.
- Deployed and managed the email servers, web servers, and firewalls.
- Deployed and managed the dial-up infrastructure.