System Engineer2012 - PRESENTVALE
Technologies: Linux, Ansible, Python, Perl, Cisco, CA Spectrum, Elastic Stack, Azure, AWS
- Designed, deployed, and supported network monitoring toolset infrastructure for a large enterprise environment.
- Automated the migration of thousands of network devices management configuration from MSP to in-house management using Python and Perl scripts.
- Implemented the Elastic stack to handle network logging management for thousands of network devices for Syslog, TACACS, and Radius accounting.
- Automated the deployment of technical network standards (Security, QoS, AAA, etc.) using Python scripts.
- Implemented AWX (Red Hat Ansible Tower upstream) and developed the playbooks to manage the network management Infrastructure.
- Integrated the Fault Management tool with the ITSM solution using the products API to open, close, update and route incidents to the correct groups based on complex business rules.
- Developed a custom NagVis backend in PHP to query the proprietary performance management tool.
- Authored the CA Spectrum Ansible module.
System Engineer2003 - 2012EDP - ESCELSA
Technologies: Linux, Nagios, Cisco, Riverbed, VMware ESXi, Perl, Lotus Domino, IronPort
- Designed, implemented, and managed the IT infrastructure monitoring solution based on Nagios, Cacti, and NagVis.
- Migrated Lotus Domino Email solution from Windows to Linux.
- Implemented VOIP Solution based on Asterisk allowing ESCELSA to meet regulatory agency ANEEL requirement of having all customer service agencies interconnected with local extensions numbers by the specified deadline.
- Deployed and Managed IronPort, NetCache, Cisco ASA and Riverbed appliances.
- Implemented a MODBUS gateway in Perl allowing the connection of remote PLCs to the company SCADA system.
- Managed the VMWare ESXi Farm.
Sysadmin/Webmaster1996 - 2003ESCELSANET
Technologies: Linux, Postfix, IMAP, POP3, SQL Server, MySQL, Radius
- Designed, implemented, and managed the network infrastructure of the Internet Service Provider.
- Deployed and managed the email servers, web servers, and firewalls.
- Deployed and managed the dial-up infrastructure.