Chief Product and Technology Officer2021 - PRESENTCHEFMAN
- Built a world-class product and engineering team to execute the product roadmap and company vision.
- Managed the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Set the company's technical direction while cultivating a culture of teamwork and innovation.
- Turned ideas into award-winning products by concurrently leading multiple teams and managers and establishing and measuring OKRs.
- Recruited, managed, fostered, and retained talent on technical teams.
- Shipped complex projects in an environment with multiple dependencies in a high-impact area.
- Mentored, managed, and grew a team of 10+ engineers working across the stack throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Designed a distributed event-driven system architecture to support running guided cooking recipes in the cloud.
- Modeled recipes and device relationships for a modular and interconnected experience in the kitchen by leveraging a communication-through-models pattern.
Vice President | Software Development2018 - 2021CHEFMAN
- Led a team of developers, product managers, firmware engineers, and quality assurance engineers to successfully release CHEF iQ, one of the market's most reliable IoT kitchen appliance and mobile app experiences.
- Managed software and firmware teams using the Agile methodology while making quick iteration and prototyping a common theme for the organization. This ensured a short turnaround time from identifying a software bug to releasing a fix to production.
- Enforced best practices such as code review, testing, CI/CD, design review, and documentation, shipping best-in-class products while staying true to the software development lifecycle.
- Led software and firmware teams into an intense refactoring phase to improve code readability and optimize performance.
- Conceived and implemented our IoT strategy from communication patterns, including inquiries and commands, to topic design and payload structure.
- Designed and implemented all Bluetooth and wifi logics in our mobile application using Redux-Saga to handle side effects, separate all logics from the components, and turn all logics into testable functions.
- Built a Node.js software development kit to support our microservices communication patterns.
Lead Software Engineer2017 - 2018CHEFMAN
- Designed, implemented, and released by myself a successful mobile app that controls a kitchen device via Bluetooth and wifi. The app reached over 10,000 customers and was used to secure contracts with retailers such as Target and Walmart.
- Managed a team of three to develop a mobile app using React Native with Redux. The app connects multiple appliances via Bluetooth and wifi to provide a complete user experience in the kitchen.
- Created and implemented the CHEF iQ API while leveraging a serverless architecture and a microservice design pattern using Amazon API Gateway, AWS RDS, and AWS Lambda.
Software Engineer | R&D2016 - 2018Research Foundation of the City University of New York
Technologies: MongoDB, MEAN Stack, Angular, AngularJS, REST, APIs, Express.js, Cron, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, CSS3, HTML5, REST APIs
- Developed a Python probabilistic inference algorithm to perform sensor-state diagnosis, allowing fewer experts to manage a much larger number of sensors.
- Built a data visualization system using MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, and Node.js to allow field agents to visualize time-series data of sensor networks.
- Created a ticketing system using MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, and Node.js to allow field agents to take action when a sensor is broken.
Software Developer, Co-op2014 - 2016Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
- Reduced data processing time for more than 6,000 bus schedules in New York's five boroughs from 45 minutes to 20 minutes by writing executable Bash and PHP scripts that process the data in parallel.
- Deployed, load balanced, and monitored the performance of Amazon EC2 servers using Amazon Route 53 and cloud metrics to efficiently handle issues during peak time and ensure a minimum of 98% system uptime.
- Proposed and implemented an efficient way of authenticating users using a secured login portal via Simple SAML to allow easy integration of the existing MTA ivault portal used by the 5,001 to 10,000 employees working at MTA.