C# Developer in Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Senior Software Engineer2012 - PRESENTTeletrac Navman
Technologies: C#, MVC, HTML5, SQL Server, SSRS, jQuery, AngularJS, KendoUI, Redis, SignalR, Xamarin
- Took the reins as main developer on a multinational client's most important customer-facing feature, which meant bugs were absolutely not accepted.
- Improved throughput of our outgoing message processor by almost 25% by re-evaluating the way we used sync locks.
- Contributed to the team that is rewriting our main vehicle tracking (win forms) application to an HTML 5 web application.
Senior Microsoft Consultant2011 - 2012Asparona
Technologies: C#, VB.Net, Web Services, VBA, SQL Server, NUnit, PHP, jQuery
- Maintained and supported a New Zealand payment gateway that was built using the Microsoft stack.
- Ensured that the payment gateway complied with all encryption requirements.
- Dedicated database administrator for more than 45 SQL Servers for one of our clients.
- Integrated one of our major clients' internal systems to interface with SAP using encrypted web services.
Senior .NET Developer2010 - 2011Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty), Ltd.
Technologies: C#, VB.Net, SQL Server, iTextSharp, Citrix
- Implemented a multi-threaded Windows Forms application that was used to scan and segment between 10,000 and 15,000 (printed media) clips per day.
- Improved the OCR module to run 100% faster by changing the matching algorithms while maintaining accuracy.
- Created an algorithm that automatically recognized newspaper and magazine articles and could extract the text for each article using OCR technologies.
Senior Developer2007 - 2010Cellfind (Pty), Ltd.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, MySQL, PHP, Web Services, MONO
- Developed and integrated multimedia messaging service (MMS) functionality into our bulk text messaging portal using ASP.NET.
- Led the development of the first traffic notification service in Africa where subscribers received MMS messages with a traffic heat map for their area (which was calculated using cell identification). This role also required liaising with various 3rd-party vendors.
- Led the development of a new subscription-based service that was used to push content to subscribers using our existing bulk text messaging portal. Work included admin portal for content generation, short code, and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) registration.
Software Developer2006 - 2007Solutions Now
Technologies: VB.NET, VB6, SQL Server
- Developed auditing software that ran on WinCE and was used to audit food manufacturing companies.
- Implemented SQL mobile replication over GPRS.
Software Developer2004 - 2006Grafx Design & Software
Technologies: VB6, SQL 2000
- Developed an email notification service for the National Treasury of South Africa.
- Rewrote a payroll application from COBOL to VB 6.
- Sell Us Your Currency (Development)https://www.sellusyourcurrency.co.uk
Sell Us Your Currency was the first company in the UK that allowed you to sell back your unwanted currency for British pounds online.
Sell Us Your Currency has a 97% customer rating from 275 ratings, most of which talk about how well designed and easy to use the system is.
- Exchange Bureau (Development)https://www.exchange-bureau.co.uk/
Exchange Bureau allows businesses expand their existing business by providing a "bureau de change" service, allowing them to exchange foreign currency into British pounds and vice versa.
- Pay with Currency (Development)https://paywithcurrency.exchange-bureau.co.uk/
Pay with Currency is an extension of the Exchange Bureau that allows business owners to accept foreign currency as payment for goods and services.
FrameworksASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Bootstrap, Kendo UI, AngularJS
Libraries/APIsWinForms, jQuery UI, jQuery, iTextSharp, SignalR
StorageMySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Redis
OtherDebugging, Time Management, Web Services, SSL Certificates, IIS, SaaS, GPS, Apps, OCR
ToolsWiX, Adobe Photoshop, SSRS
ParadigmsUnit Testing, Model View Controller (MVC), Agile Software Development
- Course in Project Management2009 - 2009PBS College - South Africa
- MCSD in IT2008 - 2008Netcampus - South Africa
- MCSD 2000 in IT2000 - 2001Outcomes Solutions Group - Johannesburg South Africa
- Scrum Master Certified (SMC)FEBRUARY 2018 - PRESENTSCRUMStudy
- Certificate in GSM networksMAY 2009 - PRESENTWDSGlobal
- Certificate in Project ManagementMARCH 2009 - PRESENTPBS Training
- MCAD & MCSD.NETJANUARY 2008 - PRESENTNet Campus
- MCSDNOVEMBER 2001 - PRESENTOutcomes Solution Group