Ricardo has been coding for over 20 years, having worked on projects in more than ten programming languages. He has co-founded companies, worked in a few successful startups as CTO, and managed distributed teams of developers and product designers. His recent work has ranged from data science and machine learning to high-performing web and mobile applications, including Web3 and crypto.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Linux, Serverless Framework, Next.js, Node.js, React, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), TypeScript
The most amazing...
...side project I did myself was a gaming website that ended up with more than 100,000 users before I sold it.
- Managed a team of remote freelance software developers to create the product from scratch, producing over 40,000 lines of TypeScript code in three months.
- Led the team in the development of the back end for the AWS Lambda/API Gateway using the Serverless framework for infrastructure as code. Created a DevOps process to integrate Git workflow for completely automated deployment of staging environments.
- Integrated the solution with third-party services, like Adyen, for payment processing and six restaurant POS systems for order retrieval and settlement.
- Created the front end in React.js for desktop and mobile, which received many compliments for the fluidity and responsiveness of the UI.
- Created the back end in Node.js as an AWS Lambda microservice, saving the startup from spending on upfront costs related to hosting.
- Created the data model and implemented on MySQL (AWS RDS) using a denormalized design, improving querying performance by 6x.
- Created reusable components based on Semantic UI React for a consistent UX.
- Implemented social login with Google and Amazon (based on JWT authentication).
- Created the front end of the landing page in React.js within a tight deadline.
- Implemented Node.js scripts for automation of API calls.
- Set up Firebase hosting for the client and created scripts for automated publishing of the app.
- Implemented NoSQL database in Firebase Realtime.
- Supervised an offshore team in the creation of the app, being responsible for defining requirements, assessing code quality, testing the final product and approving invoices.
- Created Docker containers to run the app in isolation, allowing for quick spawning of environments needed by different clients.
- Published the app on AWS EC2.
- Implemented an Ethereum smart contract in Solidity to interact with the app, giving transparency to auditors to review the code and transactions processed.
- Organized the code from several developers from different shops into a single Git repository.
- Created R scripts to process financial data and output charts with high visual appeal (using Cairo rendering library, bezier curves, and custom fonts).
- Integrated the app to PayPal for subscription (recurring) payment collections, including complex subscription options with variable trial periods.
- Implemented several Perl scripts to do screen scraping, which required complex authentication handling and advanced regular expressions.
- Integrated with Lending Club API (order posting, portfolio download, etc.) with robust error handling and exponential backoff delays and retries.
- Created MySQL scripts for data mining and risk scoring of hundreds of millions of rows of financial data (from credit information to payment transactions).
Data Strategy Director
Credigy Solutions Inc
- Created the Data Strategy office to implement enterprise-wide Data Governance and Data Management.
- Served as the last resource engineer for performance tuning of SQL queries (both for transactional systems and data analysis databases).
- Led the change management program that modernized how the business units explored and used the available data.
- Collaborated closely with business units to gather requirements and implement complex BI dashboards.
Medical Real Estate Startup (Confidential Client)
• Back end: Node.js, MySQL, Koa, Stripe, AWS S3, SendGrid
• Front end: React, Ant Design, Contentful
Stock Trading Startup (Confidential Client)
- Developed the integration with several brokerage firms (TD Ameritrade, E-Trade, Robinhood), cryptocurrency exchanges (Coinbase, Binance, Bitfinex, HitBTC) and data providers (Alphavantage, Coingecko)
- Created unit tests (Jest) for all endpoints
- Technologies: Node.js, MySQL, Express, OAuth
Language Practice App
Made with React JS, hosted in a serverless setup on AWS.
Translations come from Azure Translation Services and text-to-speech features are powered by Google API.
Serverless Framework, Next.js, CODE, .NET, Svelte
React, Node.js, AWS Amplify
Git, Rasa.ai, Adyen Payments, MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Shell
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Linux, Ethereum, Firebase, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, Database Modeling, MongoDB, NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
Serverless, Shell Scripting, Network Protocols, Data Governance, Requirements & Specifications, Front-end Development, Amazon API Gateway, Lending, APIs
Bachelor's Degree in Business Computer Engineering
Universidade Paulista - São Paulo, Brazil
Finance for the Non-Financial Manager