CTO2018 - 2019TriRated
Technologies: React, Node.js, TypeScript, MySQL, AWS
- Created the front end in React.js for desktop and mobile, which received many compliments for the fluidity and responsiveness of the UI.
- Created the back end in Node.js as an AWS Lambda microservice, saving the startup from spending on upfront costs related to hosting.
- Created the data model and implemented on MySQL (AWS RDS) using a denormalized design, improving querying performance by 6x.
- Created reusable components based on Semantic UI React for a consistent UX.
- Implemented social login with Google and Amazon (based on JWT authentication).
Web Developer2018 - 2018Zap2Go
Technologies: React, Firebase, Node.js, API, NoSQL
- Created the front end of the landing page in React.js within a tight deadline.
- Implemented Node.js scripts for automation of API calls.
- Set up Firebase hosting for the client and created scripts for automated publishing of the app.
- Implemented NoSQL database in Firebase Realtime.
CTO2018 - 2018ViaHome
Technologies: React, Node.js, MongoDB, AWS, Ethereum, Solidity, Git
- Supervised an offshore team in the creation of the app, being responsible for defining requirements, assessing code quality, testing the final product and approving invoices.
- Created Docker containers to run the app in isolation, allowing for quick spawning of environments needed by different clients.
- Published the app on AWS EC2.
- Implemented an Ethereum smart contract in Solidity to interact with the app, giving transparency to auditors to review the code and transactions processed.
- Organized the code from several developers from different shops into a single Git repository.
CTO2017 - 2018Interest Radar
Technologies: React, Perl, R, MySQL, Perl, Lending Club API
- Created R scripts to process financial data and output charts with high visual appeal (using Cairo rendering library, bezier curves, and custom fonts).
- Integrated the app to PayPal for subscription (recurring) payment collections, including complex subscription options with variable trial periods.
- Implemented several Perl scripts to do screen scraping, which required complex authentication handling and advanced regular expressions.
- Integrated with Lending Club API (order posting, portfolio download, etc.) with robust error handling and exponential backoff delays and retries.
- Created MySQL scripts for data mining and risk scoring of hundreds of millions of rows of financial data (from credit information to payment transactions).
Director of Data Strategy2008 - 2018Credigy Solutions Inc
Technologies: SQL Server, C#
- Created the Data Strategy office to implement enterprise-wide Data Governance and Data Management.
- Served as a last resource engineer for performance tuning of SQL queries (both for transactional systems and data analysis databases).
- Led the Change Management program that modernized the way the business units explored and used the data available.
- Worked closely with business units to gather requirements and implement complex BI dashboards.