App Developer for Shopify2020 - 2020Galton Voysey (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Shopify, AWS
- Created a geospatial tool that divides land into a grid of plots.
- Developed a Shopify product CMS through a Shopify custom app.
- Integrated a Google Maps custom plotting of the land grid along with exportable images.
- Implemented an automated deployment pipeline infrastructure using Rails and AWS (Elastic Beanstalk).
Developer for Payments Integration2020 - 2020Nolson (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ionic, Firebase, Angular, Paddle
- Integrated a payment system on the platform using the Paddle framework.
- Implemented an online store system with a shopping cart.
- Set up a back-end infrastructure using Firebase functions.
- Guaranteed platform security with Firebase database access rules.
Senior Back-end Developer2017 - 2020Kollegorna AB
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, Node.js
- Developed Rails-based back-end platforms from scratch to several clients worldwide.
- Scaled clients' infrastructures on both Heroku and AWS.
- Developed an abstract event tracker in Rails for multiple sources (Mixpanel, GA, Kissmetrics, and Ahoy).
- Developed a WordPress-to-Rails syncing framework.
Co-founder | Lead Developer2017 - 2018Coinvision
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Redis, InfluxDB
- Developed an AI-powered framework to deliver alerts on the cryptocurrency space based on sentiment analysis.
- Built a cryptocurrency trading bot using financial technical indicators.
- Created a dynamic telegram and messenger chatbot.
- Developed a cryptocurrency dashboard, aggregating currencies information (price, social media mentions, news, exchanges, and more).
- Created a paid subscription-based platform, where users would gain access to a community-driven Slack/Discord channel.
Senior Back-end Developer | Data Scientist2016 - 2017Creatubbles
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, AWS, Heroku, Docker, Convox, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Developed a content recommendation system based on image and keyword analysis using Google Cloud Vision.
- Responsible for event tracking development and data infrastructure management.
- Developed several microservices under a Convox (Docker) deployment system.
- Supported the infrastructure migration from Heroku to AWS.
- Worked with a fully functional remote team, spread on ten different timezones across the globe.
Lead Back-end Developer2015 - 2016Tradiio
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, AngularJS, Node.js, AWS, Azure, MySQL, Redis
- Led the back-end development of the platform, a Laravel API.
- Created a music recommendation system using Amazon CloudSearch.
- Built a user news feed system using Redis for content aggregation.
- Developed a testing framework for deployment verification.
- Created a playlist framework with Node.js stack, using DynamoDB for the database.
- Developed a recurring payment system using Stripe and PayPal.
- Developed/designed the company's KPI dashboards (InfluxDB and Grafana).
Integration Consultant2013 - 2015Novabase
- Consulted and developed integration systems (EAI and middleware) for telecommunication, industrial, and financial services.
- Worked as the lead developer for the new integration framework for the Portuguese Motor Vehicle Registry system. Used Oracle SOA suite.
- Migrated SWIFT banking software to TIBCO for BES Angola.
Junior Researcher2011 - 2013INESC-ID
Technologies: C/C++, Pthread, Parallel Programming
- Worked in techniques for the Boolean Satisfiability Problem (SAT), using parallel computing environments (namely multi-core).
- Developed pmcSAT, a C++ portfolio SAT algorithm, which launches multiple instances of the same solver, with different parameter configurations. These configurations cooperate by sharing relevant information when searching for a solution.
- Developed clusterSAT, an algorithm that uses graph partitioning libraries (Metis + hMetis) to split the problem into smaller sub-problems and launches multiple tasks which cooperate to find a valid solution.
- Presented pmcSAT in a conference in Florida (FLAIRS-26). Paper can be read here: http://algos.inesc-id.pt/~pff/publications/Marques-FLAIRS13.pdf.
- Awarded with a bronze medal on the 2013 and 2014 SAT competitions on the pmcSAT algorithm.