CTO2007 - 2015DRI
Technologies: ZeroMQ, NoSQL, Java, Hadoop, MySQL, Linux, PHP
- Designed and developed complex (mostly) web-based solutions.
- Managed the development, systems, and project manager team.
- Aligned the technical direction of the company with the business requirements.
- Implemented solutions mostly based on PHP or Linux.
- Designed, implemented and supported the cloud hosting offer.
Head of Linux Department/Consultant2006 - 2012DRI
Technologies: Linux Virtual Server (LVS), Postfix, MySQL, Apache, Bash, PHP, Linux
- Led the team for Linux area and other open source technologies.
- Led the development of the MindTheBox platform, a terminal server platform based on Linux.
- Consulted on small- to large-scale Linux projects.
- Managed projects for both systems implementation and development of applications.
- Developed software both for desktop/server and web applications.
- Researched new products and solutions with special emphasis in those that use Linux and open-source technologies.
- Trained and conducted exams for Red Hat operations.
Partner2006 - 2010Semplicity
Technologies: Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Google SEO
- Developed branding on the web, traffic growth, website UI, and advertising revenue.
- Developed brand strategy and statistics systems.
- Did strategic consulting, including the business plan and sales strategy development.
- Advised and researched on SEM and SEO.
Consultant/PHP Programer2004 - 2006DRI
Technologies: CSS, HTML, MySQL, C++, PHP
- Develop PHP-based applications.
- Responsible for the XIC software platform (LAMP-based content management platform).
- Did pre-sales mostly in web-related projects.
- Developed a C++ application using ATL and WMI to monitor windows workstation resources.
- Maintained and evolved the company's Linux-based systems.
System and Network Administrator2001 - 2004Instituto Superior Técnico
Technologies: Java, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Apache, BIND9, Qmail, Mac OS, Windows, Linux
- Maintained and evolved the systems, such as email, Web, and DNS.
- Administrated the network.
- Expanded the existing network in size and capacity.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the department website as well as various web applications.
- Ran the helpdesk for the department users.
Developer1999 - 2004Freelance
Technologies: MySQL, CSS, HTML, Perl, C++, PHP, Linux, Windows
- Developed a few websites using HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL.
- Built a desktop application for an insurance company using C++.
- Created a hosting platform with the administration interface based on webmin for a hosting company.
- Ran the helpdesk for both Windows and Linux systems.
- Solved hardware problems and computer upgrades.