Verified Expert in Engineering
Ricardo has worked in small and large companies, solving complex problems in science and engineering. He understands graphics, geometry, operating systems, low-level code, web applications, and more. Ricardo has also led small teams, has been an entrepreneur, and has managed projects for other entrepreneurs, so he understands and can help solve a great project's struggles.
Vim Text Editor, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is Geomodelr—a web app that can be used to create geological models in 3D without installing anything.
React and TypeScript Graphics Engineer
- Helped create and lead a team to move a platform from MVP to product, with tens of creators who developed content for millions of users.
- Oversaw a team that created the front end for an app that managed video creation.
- Contributed to small projects, helping teams build them from scratch and test them with hundreds of creators or millions of users.
- Worked as the main developer and the CEO of Geomodelr. Geomodelr is the first platform where you can create a geological model from start to finish without leaving your browser.
- Developed the entire platform from an algorithm that converts any set of 2D geological information into a 3D model.
- Created a very fast kernel for geological modeling in C++ with Python bindings. It uses boost geometrical libraries to make millions of queries per second.
- Developed the back-end application in Django, using technologies like Django REST Framework and Celery; used PostGIS, GDAL, and other geographical and numerical libraries.
- Built the front end using React, Bootstrap, HTML, and CSS.
- Constructed interactive visualizations in 2D using D3.js and in 3D using Three.js.
- Developed the application from scratch to help educators of children with special needs.
- Managed the services in Elastic Beanstalk and AWS.
- Created the back end in Python with Django and a RESTful API. Used PostgreSQL as the database.
- Built the front end as an SPA with TypeScript, React, and Redux. Enabled printing the report in PDF with several images and text that needed to fit precisely on the PDF pages.
- Created an advanced application for geometrical processing in C++ that loaded into a device with limited capabilities. Used geometrical algorithms and optimized the performance and results.
- Worked on Windows and Visual Studio C++ using local and remote development.
- Handled specific hardware with given capabilities to obtain the best possible outcome from the device.
- Built the infrastructure for the INEUR computer vision platform using Autoconf, Travis CI, Ansible, and Docker.
- Maintained the servers in Microsoft Azure and used scripts to automatically scale the number of servers to accommodate the visual processing.
- Helped develop the C++ OpenCV code people detection code.
- Maintained the Python Django application that served as the front end to the OpenCV back end.
- Created analytics algorithms using R and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Customer Care Consultant
- Helped customers to take the best advantage of the SAS products.
- Developed models and code for customers using SAS.
- Wrote code for consultant implementations for several solutions of SAS.
- Fixed bugs in SAS solutions—increasing the performance and easing implementation.
- Served as a bridge between the US support structure and Latin America consulting.
Lead for the Virtual Technologies Group
- Developed several MVPs for entrepreneurs with a team of consultants.
- Helped in the fields of medical services and devices, augmented reality, and web technologies.
- Created technology plans for the companies and helped them to get funding.
- Built prototypes quickly using Python and Django and taught the companies about basic developments.
- Used embedded C and even PHP for some applications.
- Developed methods and made experiments with finite element analysis for the ceramic industry.
- Created a method to obtain nonlinear parameters of deformation of solids in R.
- Built methods to make experiments in TCL/TK parametrically.
- Solved a highly nonlinear problem of ceramic deformation during firing.
- Published a paper in a high-ranked journal for ceramics.
- Created a surface triangulator that could triangulate continuous surfaces with boundaries. The surface triangulator was published and has been referenced in the field.
- Built a geometrical library for C++ with Delaunay triangulations and geometrical search trees.
- Developed plugins for both AutoCAD and the Acis kernel.
- Used MATLAB to prototype everything and generate graphics and relevant data for my experiments.
- Created a type of software that controlled the network topology of a router to minimize energy while maximizing performance and security.
- Worked in the embedded systems of the router and also controlled robots.
- Simulated everything using NS2; doing nodes in TCL/TK.
- Worked at IHMC—one of the most important research labs in Florida.
- Built software that was coded in embedded C++; having to translate the code from Java.
Gabriel Constrained Delaunay Triangulationshttp://cadcamcae.eafit.edu.co/documents/chapter_book_Adv_Tech_2009.pdf
Redux, Django, Django REST Framework, Bootstrap 3, Express.js, Bootstrap, .NET
React, Node.js, D3.js, Three.js, WebGL, OpenCV
Vim Text Editor, Git, Celery, Inkscape, MATLAB, AWS CLI, Webpack
Linux, Docker, Windows, MacOS, NVIDIA CUDA, Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
Computational Topology, Computer-aided Engineering (CAE), Computational Geometry, Lean Startups, Embedded Systems, Computer Vision, PDF, Mesh Development, Optimization, 3D Geometric Analysis, 3D Reconstruction, Point Clouds, Intel RealSense, Lean Project Management, Platforms, Augmented Reality (AR)
Agile Software Development, Parallel Programming, Microservices
PostgreSQL, Neo4j, SAS SQL
Master's Degree in Engineering
EAFIT University - Medellín, Colombia
Specialist Degree in Computational Mechanics
EAFIT University - Medellín, Colombia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
EAFIT University - Medellin, Colombia
SAS Platform Administrator