Developer2015 - PRESENTGeomodelr
- Worked as the main developer and also the CEO of Geomodelr. Geomodelr is the first platform where you can create a geological model from start to finish without leaving your browser.
- Developed the entire platform from an algorithm that converts any set of 2D geological information into a 3D model.
- Created a very fast kernel for geological modeling in C++ with Python bindings. It uses boost geometrical libraries to make millions of queries per second.
- Developed the back-end application in Django, using technologies like Django REST Framework and Celery; used PostGIS, GDAL, and other geographical and numerical libraries.
- Created the front end using React.
- Constructed interactive visualizations in 2D using D3.js and in 3D using Three.js.
Developer2019 - 2020Learning Seeds
- Created the application from scratch.
- Managed the services in Elastic Beanstalk.
- Created the back end in Python.
- Built the front end as a SPA with TypeScript, React, and Redux.
Researcher2014 - 2014INEUR
Technologies: R, OpenCV, Docker, Django, Python, C++
- Built the infrastructure for the INEUR computer vision platform using Autoconf, Travis CI, Ansible, and Docker.
- Maintained the servers in Microsoft Azure.
- Helped to develop the C++ OpenCV code people detection code.
- Maintained the Python Django application.
- Created analytics algorithms using R and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Customer Care Consultant2011 - 2014SAS Institute
- Helped customers to take the best advantage of the SAS products.
- Developed models and code for customers using SAS.
- Wrote code for consultant implementations for several solutions of SAS.
- Fixed bugs in SAS solutions—increasing the performance and easing implementation.
- Served as a bridge between the US support structure and Latin America consulting.
Lead for the Virtual Technologies Group2010 - 2011TecnoParque
Technologies: C, Django, Python
- Developed several MVPs for entrepreneurs with a team of consultants.
- Helped in the fields of medical services and devices, augmented reality, and web technologies.
- Created technology plans for the companies.
- Built prototypes quickly using Python and Django.
- Used also embedded C for some applications.
Research Scholar2009 - 2009CITG-UPV
Technologies: R, Tcl/Tk
- Developed methods and made experiments with finite element analysis for the ceramic industry.
- Created a method to obtain nonlinear parameters of deformation of solids in R.
- Built methods to parametrically make experiments in TCL/TK.
- Solved a highly nonlinear problem of ceramic deformation during firing.
- Published a paper in a high-ranked journal.
Research Scholar2008 - 2009EAFIT
Technologies: MATLAB, C++
- Created a surface triangulator that could triangulate continuous surfaces with boundaries. The surface triangulator was published and has been referenced in the field.
- Built a geometrical library for C++ with Delaunay triangulations and geometrical search trees.
- Developed plugins for both AutoCAD and the Acis kernel.
- Used MATLAB to prototype everything.
Research Scholar2007 - 2007IHMC
Technologies: Embedded Systems, Tcl/Tk, Java, C++
- Created a type of software that controlled the network topology of a router to minimize energy while maximizing performance and security.
- Worked in the embedded systems of the router and also controlled robots.
- Simulated everything using NS2; doing nodes in TCL/TK.
- Worked at IHMC—one of the most important research labs in Florida.
- Built software that was coded in embedded C++; having to translate the code from Java.