Software Engineer2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Java, Hack, C++
- Improved the News Feed relevance and the process of the identification of the closest connections in the work social graph.
- Created an experimentation framework for testing various Machine Learning configurations through A/B testing and check the results in real time.
- Contributed to the development of Buck build system for the company's build infrastructure. The goal was to reduce build times and improve the reliability and correctness of the builds.
Machine Learning Software Engineer2014 - 2016Thought Machine
Technologies: Python, Java, Go
- Supported the Machine Learning team with software engineering best practices in order to create the infrastructure for the training of models and guarantee repeatable experiments and maintainable code.
- Developed and maintained several Machine Learning components from research and model training to deployment. These included a transaction classification engine, data aggregation to produce useful insights, customer clustering, and cash flow prediction.
- Contributed to the development of the core platform and other microservices for user onboarding and storage of bank accounts and transactions.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Skimlinks
Technologies: Python, Go
- Designed, developed, and deployed new projects to generate new revenue streams, such as price comparison tools.
- Automated and improved the entire product import process to store the merchant products into the database, for a content monetization product.
- Contributed to the NLP infrastructure for product matching from raw text.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012
Technologies: Python, Java, C++
- Supported the development of Text-to-Speech in Italian by developing and embedding the unique linguistic features of the Italian language into the system.
- Developed a system for the automatic preparation of the data necessary for the training of the Text-to-Speech voice system.
- Worked on the improvement of internal tools for the collection of samples for the training of both Text-to-Speech and Automated Speech Recognition systems.