Owner2021 - PRESENTDoelltech Industries
Technologies: Rust, Welding, Coaching, Writing & Editing, Machining, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Small Business
- Created an original semantic networking system based on Zettelkasten and mind-mapping techniques in Rust.
- Synthesized novel tools for antifragile life coaching and opportunity development.
- Led a multidisciplinary working group for small-business development.
- Fabricated commissioned metal sculptures using tensegrity and classic elements.
- Designed and built model steam engines from raw materials.
Systems Engineer | Lead Systems Architect2018 - 2021Cosmic AES
Technologies: Rust, Python 3, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Science, Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Distributed Systems, Grant Proposals, Systems Engineering, Software Architecture, Bayesian Statistics, Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) Algorithms, Orbital Dynamics, Testing, Leadership, Cost Accounting, Software-defined Radio (SDR), Linux, System Administration
- Architected an orbital simulation and visualization tool with cloud-based processing.
- Utilized Markov Chain Monte Carlo techniques for orbital modeling and testing.
- Implemented a complex 14-bit signal processing in Rust in real-time at ten mega samples per second.
- Led the team in redesigning, rearchitecting, and implementing a signal processing system.
- Acted as principal investigator for a Small Business Innovation Research Program Phase I, which was extended to Phase III.
Senior Software Systems Engineer2016 - 2018The MITRE Corporation
Technologies: Python, Testing, Digital Signal Processing, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Orbital Dynamics, Aerospace & Defense, Business Proposals, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile, DevOps, Scrum, Kanban, Classroom-based Instruction, Change Management, Antenna Design, Software-defined Radio (SDR), Image Processing, Linux, System Administration
- Led the team in creating a state-of-the-art automated testing and analysis platform for a digital communications system with software-defined radio, Python, and property-based testing.
- Consulted and taught programs in Agile engineering and SAFe, accelerated release volume by a factor of ten, increased morale, and decreased launch defects for a program of over 150.
- Contributed to several initiatives, including image processing, modeling and simulation, genetic algorithm optimization for steerable antennas, interference monitoring, NLP, and satellite reception systems.
- Taught multiple highly-reviewed classes and seminars covering Agile and technology to groups of four to 45 people from varied backgrounds.
Managing Partner2015 - 2016Go Servers
Technologies: Virtual Private Servers, Server Administration, PHP, Virtualization, Quick EMUlator (QEMU), KVM/Qemu, Linux, Graphic Design
- Developed software and automation systems for virtual private server hosting.
- Managed projects, billing, marketing, and networking.
- Designed a small business website and user interfaces.
Proprietor2014 - 2016R. Doell Consulting
Technologies: Python, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Cybersecurity, Visualization, Exploratory Data Analysis
- Consulted with clients on AI systems, including exploratory data analysis with Python and NLP to identify cybersecurity trends.
- Visualized data from text corpora to provide insight into AI solutions.
- Ran a small business, developed clients, and managed invoices.
Computer Science, Staff2012 - 2013The MITRE Corporation
Technologies: Cybersecurity, FPGA, Fuzz Testing, Linux, Testing, Aerospace & Defense, Classroom-based Instruction
- Conducted research in embedded security using FPGA-automated fuzzing and semantic code understanding techniques.
- Developed innovative challenges for and administrated MITRE STEM cybersecurity competition.
- Taught classes on hardening security to site staff and created an automated Linux security hardening system.