Senior Database Developer and Analyst2015 - 2020Xello, Ltd.
- Integrated SQL Server databases with Salesforce, whereby SQL was used to perform Opportunity upserts, report data generation, NetSuite integration, and an internal SaaS application integration; DBAmp was the third-party connector used.
- Migrated two companies' CRMs into Salesforce (from MS dynamics and Salelogix respectively).
- Migrated two companies' accounting systems into NetSuite (from Great Plains and Sage respectively).
- Developed a data warehouse and integrated Salesforce and the company’s SaaS applications with it.
- Developed SSIS procedures to ETL data from HEAP (via Snowflake), Pardot, and the data warehouse into Salesforce Einstein Analytics.
- Developed NetSuite SuiteScript routines and C#.NET REST calls to retrieve NetSuite data into SQL and ultimately Salesforce.
- Administered SQL Server instance containing multiple databases.
- Performed extensive Salesforce development, including both declarative and code-based activities (Process Builder, Flows, Validations, Apex code including triggers, Lightning components, and some LWC development).
- Created advanced T-SQL procedures, functions, views, triggers for OLTP, ETL, and reporting purposes.
Database Developer1995 - 2020Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Clipper
- Designed a database system to catalog a large collection of paper orchestrations, sheet music, and other music-related media. The database has been referred to in articles about the band in the New York Times.
- Created a simple website for querying the database (including the IIS hosting platform); see Vince.zapto.org.
- Performed ongoing remote system and network maintenance.
Report Developer2007 - 2015MTS Allstream
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VB.NET, Microsoft Access, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Provided timely, sophisticated reporting solutions to various departments including finance, marketing, and operations.
- Designed and maintained a key revenue, cost, and margin reporting SQL Server data mart responsible for the consolidation of tens of millions of dollars of financial information each month.
- Contributed to enterprise data warehouse development, including reconciliation and testing.
Database Developer2007 - 2007Oasis Employment
Technologies: Microsoft Access
- Improved the client experience and data maintainability by merging two Microsoft Access databases into one, along with all functionality and user interfaces.
- Improved ease of use and flexibility without sacrificing data validation routines.
- Implemented client-customizable security features and reporting capabilities.