- Technical Co-FounderChef to Table2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: Wordpress, PHP, Drip, Stripe
- Led the development of an online ordering system.
- Created an automatic customer notification and tracking system based on Drip email management software.
- Built internal management systems based on customer and order data.
- Video Course AuthorPluralsight2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Linux, Memcached, Varnish
- Developed video training courses teaching developers to use Linux-based tools for performance and scalability.
- Founder, Lead DeveloperGarand Webtech Inc2006 - PRESENT
- Helped clients translate general ideas into specific, prioritized requirements.
- Led development teams.
- Planned architecture for scalable, high-performance systems.
- Integrated workflow planning with external designers' work to create an attractive and usable end result.
- Managed projects (including internal team, clients' tasks, and external partners) to avoid overruns.
- Data ArchitectDental Practice Pro2015 - 2016
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, MySQL
- Built key back-end systems for a SaaS data collection and analytics tool.
- Built and optimized large-scale data storage with real-time reporting for multi-billion-row record sets.
- Advised the development team on architecture and performance.
- Optimized the data ETL system to work with hundreds of concurrent targets.
- Back-end ArchitectVaytus2014 - 2015
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, iOS
- Built a web-based back-end and API for a music player app.
- Built a web-based front-end.
- Advised the development team on data architecture, API optimization, and system performance.
- Technical/Strategy ConsultantBEEP2014 - 2015
- Advised a startup on technical requirements to execute strategy for their new mobile app.
- Drupal ArchitectMajor Sports Magazine (NDA)2013 - 2014
Technologies: Drupal, PHP
- Built key components for a high-traffic website redevelopment.
- Created highly-customized page layouts with unique data displays within Drupal.
- Drupal ArchitectModern Guild2012 - 2013
Technologies: Drupal, PHP
- Led the buildout of a prototype into a full online learning tool.
- Built software that led to the startup being accepted to the Techstars program.
- Transitioned ownership to full-time CTO.
- Drupal ArchitectAcademica Group2009 - 2013
Technologies: Drupal, PHP, CakePHP
- Architected, developed, and optimized major Drupal sites for universities, scalable to millions of visits per day.
- Led the redevelopment of custom survey software built in CakePHP, scalable to tens of thousands of users per day.