Verified Expert in Engineering
Richard has a Ph.D. in Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence and distributed processing. He is excellent in designing and optimizing complex algorithms. Throughout his career, he has applied his algorithm and optimization skills in different IT and non-IT areas. Richard is customer oriented with very good business sense and effective communication. He combines 15 years of experience in global corporations with a scientific background.
Code::Blocks, GCC, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...think I've worked on was a new algorithm for solving NP complete problems.
- Upgraded import/export scientific data from/to NetCDF files from version 3 of C++ API to version 4. The new version significantly changed several aspects of the API, like reporting errors through exception, reduction of a pointer using, and more.
- Improved memory management by reducing (nearly eliminating) usage of pointers.
- Designed and implemented a lightweight bridge to the version 4 of NetCDF, so there are minimal impacts on the original code.
- Incorporated exception handling into code that did not use exceptions.
Python Technical Writer
- Provided advice on documentation structure to open source libraries for distributed machine learning, based on analysis of the products and existing, unstructured documentation.
- Demonstrated advantages of such structure on specific parts of the documentation. Strong focus on user experience with the documentation.
- Created rules for expansion of the documentation as the product features are added, so the company can continue with maintenance of the documentation on their own.
Santander Consumer Bank, Nordics Hub
- Localized group data governance policies and procedures.
- Refactored the SAS SQL code to accommodate the change in the DWH data structure in its new version, which included analysis of old undocumented code and its re-implementation with new data structures.
- Reimplemented an undocumented data quality reporting tool.
- Participated in developing a multi-platform static library for a client application in C++.
- Created the API requests and processing of responses in JSON.
- Tested the library using the Google Test framework. Each implementation was accompanied by the appropriate tests immediately.
Product Owner | Development Lead
- Acted as the product owner to develop a BI system on worldwide data collection. Handled the assurance of data quality, consolidation into a single data warehouse, calculation of data marts, and presentation using charts and dashboards.
- Collaborated with the developers on the architecture of the system and optimal solutions to the user requirements.
- Analyzed user requirements and prepared specifications for the developers in an agile way (user stories).
- Managed the product backlog to balance the delivered business value and the development effort. Implemented a well-defined core first, with the possibility to expand as needed.
- Performed user testing of developed system units when a user story has been implemented.
- Led a team of Java developers working on a Hadoop solution for processing big data generated by the corporation worldwide into business insights presented in charts and dashboards.
Head of Compliance | AML Officer | MLRO with International Oversight
VUB Asset Management (Intesa Sanpaolo Group)
- Supported business with a bottom-line enhancement to profitability and long-term sustainability by risk-based assessing of and advice on compliance and reputation risks.
- Accountable for compliance, AML, and data protection areas (GDPR) in the VUB Asset Management, a HUB of Eurozone asset management in Central and Eastern Europe. Oversaw and guided my colleagues in the same role in the subsidiaries.
- Worked on the project where the total assets under management were over EUR 2,5 billion and growing, including EUR 1,3 billion managed by the subsidiaries. The companies manage both UCITS and alternative investment funds.
- Liable for identifying, evaluating, managing, reducing compliance risks, advising corporate bodies, compliance testing and monitoring, proposing measures to prevent regulatory sanctions, and communicating with regulators.
- Worked on the AML processes and measures in the company. Oversaw the above for the subsidiaries and distributors in the other countries.
Alico AIG Life
- Improved the operational efficiency of all departments by identifying manual reporting most suitable and beneficial for automated reporting generated from production data. Focused on a simple system with a significant efficiency impact.
- Improved operation efficiency in cooperation with the future users by designing and implementing a new system for semi-automatic producing administrative letters to customers. Focused on a simple system with a big efficiency impact.
- Managed all 21 departments for the end-to-end transition from the local currency to Euro with a legal deadline, affecting all 200 employees and 400,000 clients. This resulted in a smooth transition without an adverse impact on business.
- Managed a three-year project of a document management system and end-to-end implementation in three countries. Improved the system's operational efficiency and BCP capability.
- Gathered user requirements and created system specifications for developers.
- Designed data models (database tables, relationships, and more) based on the user requirements.
- Spearheaded a team of business analysts in a project.
Slovak University of Technology
- Developed a novel optimization of NP-complete algorithms (graph 3-coloring). The results have been published in the Artificial Intelligence Journal of Elsevier Science and at the US biannual artificial intelligence conference in Fort Lauderdale.
- Analyzed and summarized state-of-the-art in solving NP-complete problems, including genetic algorithms, other randomized algorithms, taboo search, and more.
- Researched and analyzed various algorithms for solving the NP-complete problems and their efficiency.
- Performed extensive performance evaluations of the designed algorithm, including thousands of runs with different parameters, statistical processing of the results, and a visual presentation.
- Wrote a scientific paper and prepared presentations describing the algorithm.
Invention of new Algorithm for Solving NP-complete Problems
Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics.
Optimization of Screen Resolution Transformation for ATARI Computer
C++ Multiplatform Library for Client Communication With Server
C, Python, C++, SQL, Python 3, Lisp, R, Prolog, Java, Bash, Embedded C, Embedded C++, Excel VBA
Microsoft Excel, Visual Studio, GCC, Informatica PowerCenter, Jira, Code::Blocks, Git, GitHub, PyCharm
Scrum, Automation, Anomaly Detection, Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Waterfall Development, Distributed Computing, Parallel Programming, HIPAA Compliance, Management, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL
Databases, RDBMS, IBM Db2, JSON, SAS SQL, MySQL, Database Modeling
BPM, Workflow, User Requirements, Algorithms, Optimization, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Documentation, Presentations, Data Modeling, Mathematics, Risk Modeling, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Technical Writing, Scrum Product Owner, Finance, Financial Data, Analytics, Data Analysis, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Relational Data Mapping, Technical Leadership, Back-end Development, Back-end, Excel Macros, Optimization Algorithms, MicroStrategy, GDPR, AML, Data Protection, Big Data, Data Structures, Genetic Algorithms, Parsers, NP-complete Problems, Data Governance, Tutorials, Open Source, APIs, Business Consulting, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud, Technical Documentation, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, GitBook, NetCDF, ERD, User Guide, IT Project Management, Actuarial, Tax Accounting, Operations, Distribution, Underwriting, Claims, Legal, Investments, Pensions, Investment Funds, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Healthcare & Insurance, P&C Insurance, Business Law, Administration, Civil Law, Legislation, Compliance, Sales, Brokers, Financial Markets, 3D Math, People Management, Engineering Management, Software Architecture, Healthcare IT, Healthcare Management Systems, Leadership, Architecture, Embedded Software, Embedded Systems, Conda, CI/CD Pipelines, Memory Management, Concurrency
Hadoop, Google Test
Rcpp, TensorFlow, PyTorch, NumPy, Pandas
AS/400, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Professional Degree in Risk Management and Insurance
Life Office Management Association - Atlanta, GA
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Slovak University of Technology - Bratislava, Slovakia
Internal Zurich Insurance Company
Interanl to Zurich Insurance Company