Verified Expert in Engineering
Richard is an experienced Python developer who deploys enterprise VoIP systems. He specializes in server/virtual machine deployment, testing, and documentation. Richard has worked with Cisco VoIP products, BroadWorks, and Linux. He's also worked with Perl development a great deal. Richard is a professional who enjoys also working in other fields that often goes hand-in-hand with development like technical writing and working with Photoshop.
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was to build a website for my kung fu school.
- Installed a monitoring system.
Haliplex Pty Ltd
- Developed with Perl an automation of test script, interfacing with FPGA and JTAP, bringing the test-time from 1 hour per unit in serial to 12 minutes per unit in parallel.
- Interfaced with a contract manufacturer at the factory and deployed documented test scripts, procedures and equipment developed in the laboratory.
- Performed testing after a study of the SDH/SONET standard (and related telephony) and warehousing work related to the conclusion of testing before the deployment to the customer.
- Repaired electronics that were RMA from customer for refurbishment, requiring skills in problem solving and isolation as well as soldering skills.
- Managed inventory, stock take, and record keeping.
Kung Fu Website
Software Development, Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET), VoIP
Perl, Python, Java
Git, Notepad++, Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Ansible, Ansible Tower
Dual Bachelor's Degrees in Information Technology and Engineering
Swinburne University - Melbourne, Australia
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services