Senior DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Salesforce
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Windows PowerShell, Terraform, C#, Ruby
- Streamlined workflows with Chef and Windows Server deployment onto the Google Cloud Platform.
- Created a Ruby gem that helped simplify certain DevOps tasks for the development teams.
Senior Node.js Engineer2016 - 2017RentReporters
Technologies: Angular, DevOps, Python, Ansible, Docker, RabbitMQ, Node.js
- Developed back-end microservices in Node.js using RabbitMQ and Mongo.
- Implemented zero-downtime deploys with Docker and HAProxy, improving productivity and team agility.
- Used Ansible for configuration management and deployment. Wrote custom Python scripts to close the gap between Ansible and Docker.
- Maintained systems for monitoring (Zabbix) and metrics collection (StatsD/Graphite).
- Implemented features in Angular front-ends.
- Introduced 'ChatOps,' which allowed common deployment tasks to be completed from within HipChat. A much loved feature by QA.
Technical Lead2012 - 2016Currency Cloud
Technologies: Git, JRuby, TorqueBox, MySQL, Cucumber, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed the specifications for v2 of the company's API.
- Managed external development resources.
- Introduced messaging to the platform to improve stability and performance.
- Reviewed code from all teams to ensure standards are kept.
- Introduced rate limiting to the API to ensure platform stability and prevent misuse.
- Introduced 'ChatOps' to allow common deployment tasks to be completed from within HipChat.
Senior Developer2011 - 2012The Spotlight
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ActiveRecord, Castle Windsor, TeamCity, NHibernate, Fluent NHibernate, Moq, Selenium, Varnish, ASP.NET MVC
- Implemented load balancing and performance optimization utilizing Varnish.
- Introduced Scrum to the team.
- Implemented a dashboard in Python in my spare time to view the current state of Varnish servers.
- Supported various core applications that dealt with actor profiles.
- Created a video complete with clickable annotations for an ad campaign.
Senior Software Developer2009 - 2011Trafalgar Management Services, Ltd.
Technologies: Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, AutoMapper, SOAP, FluentValidation, NHibernate, jQuery, LINQ, ASP.NET MVC
- Supported a booking system for a worldwide travel company.
- Worked effectively to clean up a legacy code base.
- Defined specs for and developed an API for external partners to access.
- Introduced code reviews for the team.
- Helped recruitment by conducting technical interviews.