Senior Technology Transfer Fellow2006 - PRESENTSwansea University
Technologies: Electronic Systems, Linux, C, Embedded C, C#, C++, SQL, VBA, Java, PHP
- Researched, designed, and developed electronic and electrical systems for power conversion.
- Created an industrial power metering network connected to a cloud data store.
- Built an Android application framework to interface directly with medical research equipment.
- Developed research-grade platforms for data collection and analysis in real time.
- Programmed web services for distribution of segmented datasets from large 100M+ record databases.
- Designed and developed a system for the collection of environmental conditions from multiple remote sites using C# client software and web services.
Hardware and Software Engineer2008 - 2017Twisted Spring Design
Technologies: Electronic design through to web services, PCB, RISC, x86, MODBUS, PHP. C#
- Created MS Windows service applications to upload filtered data from MS Office and other documents to PHP-based web services.
Technical Director2009 - 2012MyWebEdge, Ltd.
- Developed an automated site creation tool for the web development team to produce entire web applications from Subversion repositories of template sites.
- Built multiple virtualization platforms for hosting of web services within multiple data centers in the USA and Europe.
- Programmed Windows service applications to extract data from MS Office documents on network file systems and push the data to web services to display stock information on websites.
- Managed 100+ domains for clients including email, cloud storage, and web services.
Database Systems Developer2005 - 2005Pitney Bowes, Inc.
Technologies: VBA, SQL, WMI, COM, HTML
- Created an application using VBA within MS Access to extract data from multiple corporate intranet websites where direct access to the underlying databases were not available.
- Built a VBA harness to use COM access to MS Internet Explorer as a dynamic help viewer based on generated HTML from MS Access tables.
- Performed a full software audit of 4000+ corporate Windows workstations using WMI to extract installed applications.
- Developed automated schedulers to track movement of portable corporate workstations by using installed client software as a unique identifier.
- Supported multiple groups within the enterprise to facilitate gathering of licencing requirements for the entire corporate envelope.