Verified Expert in Engineering
Richard has been a full-stack developer for over a decade. He always focuses on learning more, never assuming that he knows everything. He has worked on AI, computer vision, mobile apps, Xbox, & computer games. His diverse history gives him a unique perspective. Unlike many developers, he never hides behind jargon, he always strives to be straight forward. Having studied psychology & worked as a performer, he also brings a unique take to UI/UX.
Visual Studio, Git, Sublime Text
The most amazing...
...projects are the ones that, regardless of how simple or complex they are, solve real world problems for people.
Owner | Head Developer
- Developed an emergency Android app for a client within a week after their contractor backed out, while also overseeing the development of the server infrastructure to run the app (Java, Android, PHP, and MySQL).
- Developed a custom product recommendation system for a client essentially based on a simple Bayesian network, encapsulated in a WordPress plugin. The system was developed with a simple interface for the customer to tweak probabilities (PHP, MySQL, WordPress, and jQuery).
- Created a server-side interface for a computer vision product, as well as accompanying mobile apps. He built the server with C#.NET, and had to develop a way for it to communicate blindly with a proprietary C++ DLL (containing the CV product). (C#, C++, Android, iOS, SQL, Java, Objective-C, HTML5, and CSS3).
- Built a ground-up rendering engine for the OUYA within a week of its launch (OpenGL, Android, and Java).
Mommy's Best Games
- Wrote a full-featured level editor over-night in order to increase variety in the final game—was later featured in "Game Creator Magazine."
- Developed and launched an entire Xbox game in under a month.
- Worked directly with the head developer in creating and designing the user experience.
- Developed the enemy AI, player control schemes, physics interactions, and visual effects in C#.
- Worked to develop low-level engine mechanics and optimizations that were used across several different games.
Assistant Administrator for the Dahlem Supercomputer
University of Louisivlle
- Physically installed numerous blades.
- Created and secured new access points for users, interfacing Windows and Unix networks.
- Provisioned new resources for batch jobs.
Serious Sam Double D XXLhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=745V9yGG5sw
Laravel, Redux, Compass, Unity3D, PhoneGap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap
jQuery, React, HTML5 Canvas, Redux-Saga, XNA, OpenGL, OpenCV, Vue
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), User Testing, UI Design
WordPress, Android, Linux, Unix, iOS
PSD to HTML, WordPress Rescue, WordPress Plugins, Ajax, Mobile First, Graphic Design, Product Design, Branding, SSH, Accessibility
Git, Adobe Photoshop, Inkscape, Redux Thunk, Sublime Text, Visual Studio, Subversion (SVN), Webpack