Verified Expert in Engineering
Richard Rozsa offers a vision of data as a self formatting entity. For more than 30 years, he's delivered top quality technical architecture, programming, testing and solutions for complex problems--on-time and within budget. He's extremely flexible and able to integrate as a standalone freelancer or within teams.
Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...software I've developed is a data transformation library that enables data in virtually any format to be easily transformed into any other.
- Designed library layers and interfaces and created a testing framework for unit testing the many features of this product.
- Developed various reader and writer classes that encapsulate various file formats and technologies such as SQL, XML XPath reading, and more.
- Implemented a core mapping engine that supports the mapping of flat files as well as relational data.
- Created a Code Configurator tool that allows the creation and editing of XML configuration files. The configurator also supports retrieval of metadata from various sources for auto-creation of configurations.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a website using ASP.NET MVC and SQL Server to demonstrate a new testing methodology. The site demonstrates that much more can be learned about test-takers using this methodology, enabling more informed hiring choices.
- Designed and implemented the SQL database. The management of tests was quickly implemented with a set of Excel sheets that generate SQL insert and update statements. This allowed for fast prototyping.
- Statistical information is queried using MetaDapper, data queried from the SQL database, and an Excel sheet generated with detail and summary info.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Property Data Cloud
- Built a framework that allowed queueing of screen scraping jobs in a multi-threaded and efficient way. Requested jobs were broken into smaller units that allowed quicker visibility of the work to be done and progress made.
- The framework allowed for much quicker and maintainable web scraping and PDF scraping code. It also allowed for both scheduled and immediate job requests to aid support.
- Reduced and standardized the code base significantly making maintenance of a large body of scraper code, and adding new support much more achievable.
- Developed a C# WinForms application that allowed on-site windmill inspectors to select, crop, and batch images, enter blade details, and observation notes. These batches were then queued and uploaded for clients and more experienced inspectors.
- Managed the project with a team of three onsite and remote developers, plus several testers and stakeholders. Also coordinated with two other teams with related projects.
- Designed a simple to use user interface that inspectors found intuitive and much easier to use, resulting in much higher quality batches and a large drop in reinspection requests.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Maintained huge codebase for a used-car sales website, popular in European countries. The site was multi-lingual and offered different features in different countries.
- Maintained code in ASP.NET MVC C# and SQL Server, as well as client-side code mostly in Angular 1.0. Also performed investigations with detailed functionality for teams developing and integrating functionality in other programming languages.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Lighting and Electronic Design, Inc.
- Developed tool to develop product list import file generated from a simple Excel sheet in order to support an accounting system that required thousands of permutations of custom products. This cleaned data in the accounting system in an ongoing way.
- Developed a tool to help reconcile the current product sheets with the accounting system/sales product lists. This was part of a larger effort to update and improve the product list for sales and marketing.
- Developed tool to store product sheets for manufacturers mainly in China, aiding designers to find parts needed for custom solutions.
- Developed overview spreadsheet, drawing from accounting system, manually updated project status, and other status sources. This enabled better projection information resulting in more efficient and cost-effective purchasing and improved forecasting.
- Worked on the management of manufacturing and reseller company and it's derivatives.
- Handled server-side performance tuning in MVC application.
- Integrated document conversion library and (together with the third-party provider) resolved library issues.
- Implemented database and Entity Framework and defined team procedures for branching and delivery.
- Established an offshore development team to work in coordination with local management, architect, and business teams and designed and implemented the database.
- Managed SCRUM process and worked in coordination with the product owner to define the product backlog and priorities.
- Responsible for team support, motivation, hiring, and firing.
Management Consultant, Architect, Developer
- Advised management multi-cultural local team on best practices for establishing offshore team.
- Developed service that incorporated database and business layers.
- Researched and implemented database layer using beta version of LLBLGen Pro with Linq support.
- Handled maintenance and customer support for VB.NET windows product, C# Web Service, and MVC dashboard.
- Designed and developed query engine for customer specific exports to various financial packages.
- Integrated MetaDapper library for generation of financial import files in customer specific formats.
- Jointly defined architecture of suite of products.
Developer for Intranet-based "Multi-year Deployment Plan"
- Implemented a framework that allowed a configurable set of fields to be viewed and edited on various forms.
- Redesigned v1 of application into a maintainable and documented product with new features, including requirement gathering and negotiating features/schedule with the product owner.
- Created SQL Server database and implemented dynamic Excel reports generated from the database.
- Prepared deployment plan and handed over the document to the support team.
Net Economy B.V.
- Established a new Customization Department, gathered all existing and promised customized projects, established procedures, and managed continuous positive financial flow.
- Built and managed a small team of three and managed occasional full-time and regular part-time resources drawn from the rest of the company.
- Negotiated work specifications and contracts with customers.
- Created automated rule-based financial crime detection add on package that used government and bank defined criteria to rank events and to determine whether they should be investigated, reported, and more.
- Developed customized features and reports and negotiated with the product owner to decide whether requested features should become a part of the main product and to decide upon a design that fits within the larger company strategy.
Team Lead, Architect, Developer
- Managed development and release efforts for various product releases.
- Established knowledge sharing environment.
- Led brainstorming and definition meetings.
- Designed and architected data conversion software specializing in EDI/EDIFACT formats but supporting many other formats including XML. Product also included import and export from a wide variety of transport API's including POP3, Message Queues, SQL databases, file and other transports.
- Developed and supported core engine, multi-database vendor layer, and transport layers. Code was built on Windows and various Unix platforms.
- Architect BizTalk integration for BizTalk releases 2000, 2002, and 2004.
Xpedior Benelux B.V.
- Worked on definition and cost negotiation for product to manage help desk requests using UML.
- Managed a small team and developed a help desk management system.
- Designed an ASP framework for quickly building view/edit pages with role-based authorizations.
- Designed and developed a data conversion technology in C++. Tool integrated with existing entity code to automatically upgrade data to the new schema model. Data could be read and written from and to diverse data sources.
- Developed and maintained software for hardware/software monitoring and automated computer installer software.
- Worked on the development and maintenance of Windows login manager that allowed users to log into any machine and have all their electronic resources available.
Business Analyst, Developer
Automotive Sales Tool Startup
- Worked on the evaluation of interest and discussions with selected car dealers and preparation of business plan.
- Investigated the technologies and products available for building kiosks for deployment in shopping malls.
- Evaluated the existing car sales management software codebase.
- Investigated the extracting details of cars for listing on sales website from VIN (vehicle identification number).
- Led research team to design new Microsoft address book (CRM) solution.
- Rewrote MS-Works in C++ from the original C codebase. Also authored functional specifications from existing code.
- Resolved core architecture issues for new home product.
- Designed a "Component upgrade via internet" strategy for new home product which served as a prototype for Microsoft wide adoption.
- Worked on logical and physical data modeling for the new home product.
- Developed ActiveX controls for data access on web pages.
Test Lead, Developer
- Team lead for performance team for Forms3, the forms component for VBA and IE3.
- Designed, developed tools and implemented automated test lab.
- Development of version control shell that had a pluggable low level version control product layer and allowed developers to work remotely and to always be ensured of a working branch tip.
- Mentored test leads and testers.
- Created test framework to improve efficiency of failure evaluation by tracking identical previous failures and expediting reproduction process and debugging of test cases.
- Led development team and established requirements for SAM Project, a tool to calculate the health risks and estimated costs of various plans to dispose of the nuclear and hazardous waste stored in America.
- Implemented the C++ layer called by Paradox to execute health risk and cost calculations.
- Designed and developed a user interface featuring a map that allowed the graphic definition of shipping routes, and implemented a database model.
- Established schedules and deadlines that enabled various scientific and development teams to quickly deliver a working prototype.
Santa Fe Community College
- Taught seminar on database design and implementation using Paradox for Windows.
- Designed and developed configuration management systems for medium-sized companies.
- Developed a custom database engine for a text-based database.
- Designed and developed an order entry system for lighting manufacturer with part numbers made up of several component IDs.
- Developed and maintained a dBASE for Windows, as well as created a common code library used to access dBASE databases in Borland products.
- Created detailed documentation of all dBASE features and differences in various vendor implementations (eventually released as a book).
- Led a team of version control, integration support, network maintenance, and development-side testing group.
- Worked on the development and maintenance of various test suites for the dBASE and Paradox teams.
- Developed and maintained the performance tests and coordination with the development team to improve Paradox performance, as well as performance test suites for magazine reviews and communications with reviewers.
- Created a standardized bug database for use in all Borland products.
- Negotiated functional specifications, costs, and schedules with customers for Clipper consulting firm.
- Developed data entry forms and printer-ready file generation in dBASE III+ for a company that produces a yearly catalog and address list and label printing software in BASIC.
- Worked on the development of storyboard editor for a studio that allowed the printing of storyboard cards with text and developed various visual masks calculator for research team researching numerical patterns in classical languages.
Automated Upgrade Tool
Nuclear and Hazardous Waste Display Plan Tool
Automated Testing and Performance Lab
Dynamic Flash Page Turning Design
Version Control System
Covast EDI Accelerator for BizTalk Server
Entity, ASP.NET Web Forms, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, Windows PowerShell, NHibernate, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), .NET Core, ASP, Angular, ActiveX
Windows Forms (WinForms), jQuery, LINQ, React, REST APIs, Win32 API, Telerik Components for MVC, Windows API, Entity Framework, EPPlus, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), ATL, Sockets, Active Template Library (ATL), HTTP API, ImageMagick
Microsoft Visual Studio, LINQ to SQL, Sendmail, Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2008, Visual SourceSafe, Microsoft Visual C++, Notepad++, Visual Studio, C#.NET WinForms, Visio, Crystal Reports, LLBLGen, ReSharper, TFS, Flash, Microsoft Access, SAP EDI, jqGrid, Audacity, Windows Installer, Adobe Lightroom, Fiddler, AutoHotkey, Google Analytics
Scrum, REST, Procedural Programming, Pair Programming, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Test Automation, Unit Testing, Waterfall Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Refactoring, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Cross-platform, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Software Development, Extreme Programming, Event-driven Programming, Concurrent Programming, Rapid Application Development (RAD), COM+, Model View Controller (MVC), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Distributed Programming, Design Patterns
Windows, Microsoft, Oracle, Win32, Telerik, Unix, Linux, FreeBSD
SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server, Database Modeling, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), JSON, Paradox, R:Base, Teradata, SQL Server 2000, Sybase, DB, IBM Db2
Ajax, SOAP, Multithreading, Lambda Functions, Architecture, Web Services, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), CTO, Front-end Development, Web Development, Microsoft Office, User Interface (UI), Network Programming, IIS, .NET 6, COM, POP3, SMTP, FTP, Console Apps, BizTalk, Unix Shell Scripting, Microsoft Office SDK, Office Add-ins, Fraud Analysis
N/A Degree in Music
University of California, Santa Cruz - California