Architect, Developer2000 - PRESENTMetaDapper
Technologies: EPPlus, SQL, XPath, C#
- Designed library layers and interfaces and created a testing framework for unit testing the many features of this product.
- Developed various reader and writer classes that encapsulate various file formats and technologies such as SQL, XML XPath reading, and more.
- Implemented a core mapping engine that supports the mapping of flat files as well as relational data.
- Created a Code Configurator tool that allows the creation and editing of XML configuration files. The configurator also supports retrieval of metadata from various sources for auto-creation of configurations.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2020Stark Assessments
- Developed a website using ASP.NET MVC and SQL Server to demonstrate a new testing methodology. The site demonstrates that much more can be learned about test-takers using this methodology, enabling more informed hiring choices.
- Designed and implemented the SQL database. The management of tests was quickly implemented with a set of Excel sheets that generate SQL insert and update statements. This allowed for fast prototyping.
- Statistical information is queried using MetaDapper, data queried from the SQL database, and an Excel sheet generated with detail and summary info.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019Property Data Cloud
Technologies: C#, .NET
- Built a framework that allowed queueing of screen scraping jobs in a multi-threaded and efficient way. Requested jobs were broken into smaller units that allowed quicker visibility of the work to be done and progress made.
- The framework allowed for much quicker and maintainable web scraping and PDF scraping code. It also allowed for both scheduled and immediate job requests to aid support.
- Reduced and standardized the code base significantly making maintenance of a large body of scraper code, and adding new support much more achievable.
Architect, Developer2018 - 2019InspecTools
Technologies: Windows Forms (WinForms), .NET, C#
- Developed a C# WinForms application that allowed on-site windmill inspectors to select, crop, and batch images, enter blade details, and observation notes. These batches were then queued and uploaded for clients and more experienced inspectors.
- Managed the project with a team of three onsite and remote developers, plus several testers and stakeholders. Also coordinated with two other teams with related projects.
- Designed a simple to use user interface that inspectors found intuitive and much easier to use, resulting in much higher quality batches and a large drop in reinspection requests.
Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018AutoScout24
- Maintained huge codebase for a used-car sales website, popular in European countries. The site was multi-lingual and offered different features in different countries.
- Maintained code in ASP.NET MVC C# and SQL Server, as well as client-side code mostly in Angular 1.0. Also performed investigations with detailed functionality for teams developing and integrating functionality in other programming languages.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
Senior Full-stack Developer2013 - 2016Lighting and Electronic Design, Inc.
Technologies: HTML, Console Apps, C#
- Developed tool to develop product list import file generated from a simple Excel sheet in order to support an accounting system that required thousands of permutations of custom products. This cleaned data in the accounting system in an ongoing way.
- Developed a tool to help reconcile the current product sheets with the accounting system/sales product lists. This was part of a larger effort to update and improve the product list for sales and marketing.
- Developed tool to store product sheets for manufacturers mainly in China, aiding designers to find parts needed for custom solutions.
- Developed overview spreadsheet, drawing from accounting system, manually updated project status, and other status sources. This enabled better projection information resulting in more efficient and cost-effective purchasing and improved forecasting.
- Worked on the management of manufacturing and reseller company and it's derivatives.
Developer2012 - 2013GE Healthcare
- Handled server-side performance tuning in MVC application.
- Integrated document conversion library and (together with the third-party provider) resolved library issues.
- Implemented database and Entity Framework and defined team procedures for branching and delivery.
Development Manager2009 - 2009inMotiv B.V.
Technologies: LLBLGen, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, C#
- Established an offshore development team to work in coordination with local management, architect, and business teams and designed and implemented the database.
- Managed SCRUM process and worked in coordination with the product owner to define the product backlog and priorities.
- Responsible for team support, motivation, hiring, and firing.
Management Consultant, Architect, Developer2008 - 2009AerData B.V.
Technologies: Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, VB.NET, C#
- Advised management multi-cultural local team on best practices for establishing offshore team.
- Developed service that incorporated database and business layers.
- Researched and implemented database layer using beta version of LLBLGen Pro with Linq support.
- Handled maintenance and customer support for VB.NET windows product, C# Web Service, and MVC dashboard.
- Designed and developed query engine for customer specific exports to various financial packages.
- Integrated MetaDapper library for generation of financial import files in customer specific formats.
- Jointly defined architecture of suite of products.
Developer for Intranet-based "Multi-year Deployment Plan"2007 - 2007Shell
Technologies: ASP.NET, SQL, C#
- Implemented a framework that allowed a configurable set of fields to be viewed and edited on various forms.
- Redesigned v1 of application into a maintainable and documented product with new features, including requirement gathering and negotiating features/schedule with the product owner.
- Created SQL Server database and implemented dynamic Excel reports generated from the database.
- Prepared deployment plan and handed over the document to the support team.
Customization Manager2005 - 2006Net Economy B.V.
Technologies: Crystal Reports, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Forms (WinForms), C#
- Established a new Customization Department, gathered all existing and promised customized projects, established procedures, and managed continuous positive financial flow.
- Built and managed a small team of three and managed occasional full-time and regular part-time resources drawn from the rest of the company.
- Negotiated work specifications and contracts with customers.
- Created automated rule-based financial crime detection add on package that used government and bank defined criteria to rank events and to determine whether they should be investigated, reported, and more.
- Developed customized features and reports and negotiated with the product owner to decide whether requested features should become a part of the main product and to decide upon a design that fits within the larger company strategy.
Team Lead, Architect, Developer2001 - 2004Covast B.V.
Technologies: Sockets, COM+, FTP, SMTP, POP3, HTML, SAP EDI, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), ATL, COM, BizTalk, XML, DB, Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server 2000, C#, C++, C
- Managed development and release efforts for various product releases.
- Established knowledge sharing environment.
- Led brainstorming and definition meetings.
- Designed and architected data conversion software specializing in EDI/EDIFACT formats but supporting many other formats including XML. Product also included import and export from a wide variety of transport API's including POP3, Message Queues, SQL databases, file and other transports.
- Developed and supported core engine, multi-database vendor layer, and transport layers. Code was built on Windows and various Unix platforms.
- Architect BizTalk integration for BizTalk releases 2000, 2002, and 2004.
Consultant, Developer2000 - 2001Xpedior Benelux B.V.
Technologies: UML, VB, ASP
- Worked on definition and cost negotiation for product to manage help desk requests using UML.
- Managed a small team and developed a help desk management system.
- Designed an ASP framework for quickly building view/edit pages with role-based authorizations.
Developer1999 - 2000SPS/Gensys B.V.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Designed and developed a data conversion technology in C++. Tool integrated with existing entity code to automatically upgrade data to the new schema model. Data could be read and written from and to diverse data sources.
- Developed and maintained software for hardware/software monitoring and automated computer installer software.
- Worked on the development and maintenance of Windows login manager that allowed users to log into any machine and have all their electronic resources available.
Business Analyst, Developer1998 - 1999Automotive Sales Tool Startup
Technologies: ATL, Web Services, SQL Server 2000, C++
- Worked on the evaluation of interest and discussions with selected car dealers and preparation of business plan.
- Investigated the technologies and products available for building kiosks for deployment in shopping malls.
- Evaluated the existing car sales management software codebase.
- Investigated the extracting details of cars for listing on sales website from VIN (vehicle identification number).
Developer1996 - 1998Microsoft Corp.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Led research team to design new Microsoft address book (CRM) solution.
- Rewrote MS-Works in C++ from the original C codebase. Also authored functional specifications from existing code.
- Resolved core architecture issues for new home product.
- Designed a "Component upgrade via internet" strategy for new home product which served as a prototype for Microsoft wide adoption.
- Worked on logical and physical data modeling for the new home product.
- Developed ActiveX controls for data access on web pages.
Test Lead, Developer1995 - 1996Microsoft Corp.
Technologies: SQL, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Team lead for performance team for Forms3, the forms component for VBA and IE3.
- Designed, developed tools and implemented automated test lab.
- Development of version control shell that had a pluggable low level version control product layer and allowed developers to work remotely and to always be ensured of a working branch tip.
- Mentored test leads and testers.
- Created test framework to improve efficiency of failure evaluation by tracking identical previous failures and expediting reproduction process and debugging of test cases.
Developer1994 - 1995International Technologies
Technologies: Paradox, C++
- Led development team and established requirements for SAM Project, a tool to calculate the health risks and estimated costs of various plans to dispose of the nuclear and hazardous waste stored in America.
- Implemented the C++ layer called by Paradox to execute health risk and cost calculations.
- Designed and developed a user interface featuring a map that allowed the graphic definition of shipping routes, and implemented a database model.
- Established schedules and deadlines that enabled various scientific and development teams to quickly deliver a working prototype.
Teacher1994 - 1994Santa Fe Community College
- Taught seminar on database design and implementation using Paradox for Windows.
Developer1993 - 1994Various projects
Technologies: ATL, Microsoft SQL Server, C++
- Designed and developed configuration management systems for medium-sized companies.
- Developed a custom database engine for a text-based database.
- Designed and developed an order entry system for lighting manufacturer with part numbers made up of several component IDs.
Developer1990 - 1992Borland International
Technologies: Assembler, C++, C
- Developed and maintained a dBASE for Windows, as well as created a common code library used to access dBASE databases in Borland products.
- Created detailed documentation of all dBASE features and differences in various vendor implementations (eventually released as a book).
- Led a team of version control, integration support, network maintenance, and development-side testing group.
Developer, Tester1989 - 1990Borland International
Technologies: dBASE, Assembly, C
- Worked on the development and maintenance of various test suites for the dBASE and Paradox teams.
- Developed and maintained the performance tests and coordination with the development team to improve Paradox performance, as well as performance test suites for magazine reviews and communications with reviewers.
- Created a standardized bug database for use in all Borland products.
Developer1982 - 1988Various projects
Technologies: BASIC, Clipper, dBASE, C
- Negotiated functional specifications, costs, and schedules with customers for Clipper consulting firm.
- Developed data entry forms and printer-ready file generation in dBASE III+ for a company that produces a yearly catalog and address list and label printing software in BASIC.
- Worked on the development of storyboard editor for a studio that allowed the printing of storyboard cards with text and developed various visual masks calculator for research team researching numerical patterns in classical languages.