- Architect, DeveloperMetaDapper2000 - PRESENT
Technologies: C#, XPath, SQL, EPPlus
- Designed library layers and interfaces.
- Developed various reader and writer classes that encapsulate various file formats and technologies such as SQL, XML XPath reading, etc.
- Implemented core mapping engine that supports mapping of flat files as well as relational data.
- Created Code Configurator tool that allows creation and editing of XML configuration files. Configurator also supports retrieval of metadata from various sources for auto-creation of configurations.
- Created testing framework for unit testing the many features of this product.
- DeveloperGE Healthcare2012 - 2013
- Handled server-side performance tuning in MVC application.
- Integrated document conversion library and (together with third-party provider) resolved library issues.
- Implemented database and Entity Framework.
- Defined team procedures for branching and delivery.
- Development ManagerinMotiv B.V.2009 - 2009
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, MVC Framework, SQL Server 2008, LLBLGen Pro
- Established offshore development team to work in coordination with local management, architect and business teams.
- Managed SCRUM process.
- Worked in coordination with product owner to define the product backlog and priorities.
- Designed and implemented database.
- Responsible for team support, motivation, hiring, and firing.
- Management Consultant, Architect, DeveloperAerData B.V.2008 - 2009
Technologies: C#, VB.NET, Web Services, SQL Server 2005-8, MVC Framework, WCF
- Advised management multi-cultural local team on best practices for establishing offshore team.
- Developed service that incorporated database and business layers.
- Researched and implemented database layer using beta version of LLBLGen Pro with Linq support.
- Handled maintenance and customer support for VB.NET windows product, C# Web Service, and MVC dashboard.
- Designed and developed query engine for customer specific exports to various financial packages.
- Integrated MetaDapper library for generation of financial import files in customer specific formats.
- Jointly defined architecture of suite of products.
- Developer for intranet-based "Multi-Year Deployment Plan"Shell2007 - 2007
Technologies: C#, SQL, ASP.NET
- Implemented framework that allowed a configurable set of fields to be viewed and edited on various forms.
- Redesigned v1 of application into a maintainable and documented product with new features, including requirement gathering and negotiating features/schedule with product owner.
- Implemented dynamic Excel reports generated from database.
- Created SQL Server database.
- Prepared deployment plan and hand over document to support team.
- Customization ManagerNet Economy B.V.2005 - 2006
Technologies: C#, WinForms, SQL Server 2000-5, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports
- Established new Customization Department, gathered all existing and promised customized projects, established procedures, managed continuous positive financial flow.
- Built and managed small team of 3 and managed occasional full time and regular part-time resources drawn from rest of company.
- Negotiated work specifications and contracts with customers.
- Created automated rule-based financial crime detection add on package that used government and bank defined criteria to rank events and to determine whether they should be investigated, reported, etc. This package dramatically reduced the growing need for manual investigations, resulting in dramatic cost benefits for the banks where it was implemented.
- Negotiated with product owner to decide whether requested features should become part of the main product and to decide upon a design that fits within the larger company strategy.
- Developed customized features and reports.
- Team Lead, Architect, DeveloperCovast B.V.2001 - 2004
Technologies: C, C++, C#, SQL Server 2000, Oracle, Sybase and DB databases, XML, BizTalk, COM, ATL, MFC, XML, EDI, HTML, Pop3/Smtp, FTP, COM/COM+ components, socket communications
- Managed development and release efforts for various product releases.
- Established knowledge sharing environment.
- Led brainstorming and definition meetings.
- Designed and architected data conversion software specializing in EDI/EDIFACT formats but supporting many other formats including XML. Product also included import and export from a wide variety of transport API's including POP3, Message Queues, SQL databases, file and other transports.
- Developed and supported core engine, multi-database vendor layer, and transport layers. Code was built on Windows and various Unix platforms.
- Architect BizTalk integration for BizTalk releases 2000, 2002, and 2004.
- Consultant, DeveloperXpedior Benelux B.V.2000 - 2001
Technologies: ASP, VB, UML
- Definition and cost negotiation for product to manage help desk requests using UML.
- Project management and management of small team.
- Design of ASP framework for quickly building view/edit pages with role-based authorizations.
- Development of help desk management system.
- DeveloperSPS/Gensys B.V.1999 - 2000
Technologies: C++, MFC, SQL Server 6.5, 2000
- Design and development of data conversion technology in C++. Tool integrated with existing entity code to automatically upgrade data to new schema model. Data could be read and written from and to diverse data sources.
- Development and maintenance of software for hardware/software monitoring.
- Development and maintenance of automated computer installer software.
- Development and maintenance of Windows login manager that allowed users to log into any machine and have all their electronic resources available.
- Business Analyst, DeveloperAutomotive Sales Tool Startup1998 - 1999
Technologies: C++, SQL Server 2000, Web Services, ATL
- Evaluation of interest and discussions with selected car dealers.
- Preparation of business plan.
- Investigation of technologies and products available for building kiosks for deployment in shopping malls.
- Evaluation of existing car sales management software code base.
- Investigation of extracting details of cars for listing on sales website from VIN (vehicle identification number).
- DeveloperMicrosoft Corp.1996 - 1998
Technologies: C++, MFC, SQL Server
- Led research team to design new Microsoft address book (CRM) solution.
- Rewrote MS-Works in C++ from original C code base. Also authored functional specifications from existing code.
- Resolved core architecture issues for new home product.
- Design of "Component upgrade via internet" strategy for new home product which served as a prototype for Microsoft wide adoption.
- Logical and physical data modeling for new home product.
- Development of ActiveX controls for data access on web pages.
- Test Lead, DeveloperMicrosoft Corp.1995 - 1996
Technologies: C++, MFC, SQL
- Team lead for performance team for Forms3, the forms component for VBA and IE3.
- Designed, developed tools and implemented automated test lab.
- Development of version control shell that had a pluggable low level version control product layer and allowed developers to work remotely and to always be ensured of a working branch tip.
- Mentored test leads and testers.
- Created test framework to improve efficiency of failure evaluation by tracking identical previous failures and expediting reproduction process and debugging of test cases.
- DeveloperInternational Technologies1994 - 1995
Technologies: C++, Paradox for Windows
- Led development team and established requirements for SAM Project, a tool to calculate the health risks and estimated costs of various plans to dispose of the nuclear and hazardous waste stored in America.
- Implemented C++ layer called by Paradox to execute health risk and cost calculations.
- Design and development of user interface featuring a map that allowed graphic definition of shipping routes.
- Design and implementation of database model.
- Established schedules and deadlines that enabled various scientific and development teams to quickly deliver a working prototype.
- TeacherSanta Fe Community College1994 - 1994
- Taught seminar on database design and implementation using Paradox for Windows.
- DeveloperVarious projects1993 - 1994
Technologies: C++, SQL Server, ATL
- Design and development of configuration management systems for medium-sized companies.
- Developed custom database engine for text-based database.
- Design and development of order entry system for lighting manufacturer with part numbers made up of several component IDs.
- DeveloperBorland International1990 - 1992
Technologies: C, C++, 8086 Assembler
- Development and maintenance of dBASE for Windows.
- Development of common code library used to access dBASE databases in Borland products.
- Team lead of version control, integration support, network maintenance and development-side testing group.
- Created detailed documentation of all dBASE features and differences in various vendor implementations (eventually released as a book).
- Developer, TesterBorland International1989 - 1990
Technologies: C, 8086 Assembly, dBASE
- Development and maintenance of various test suites for the dBASE and Paradox teams.
- Development and maintenance of performance tests and coordination with development team to improve Paradox performance.
- Development of performance test suites for magazine reviews and communications with reviewers.
- Created standardized bug database for use in all Borland products.
- DeveloperVarious projects1982 - 1988
Technologies: C, dBASE III+, Clipper, BASIC
- Negotiated functional specifications, costs and schedules with customers for Clipper consulting firm.
- Development of data entry forms and printer-ready file generation in dBASE III+ for company that produces a yearly catalog.
- Development of address list and label printing software in BASIC.
- Development of storyboard editor for studio that allowed printing of storyboard cards with text and various visual masks.
- Development of calculator for research team researching numerical patterns in classical languages.