Verified Expert in Engineering
In middle school, Richard started teaching himself to write computer programs on a Texas Instruments graphing calculator. Since then, he has expanded his repertoire considerably. He's done a lot of 3D work, including graphics programming, rendering, 3D scanning, and analysis. He's done a lot of functional and performance testing of back-end HTTP REST services. Of late, he's been making an indie video game, doing all of the programming, graphics, writing, and business operations.
Kubernetes, Blender, Docker, C#, Python, Terraform, 3D
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a pure C# library for loading 3D FBX files into a video game. It has 152 stars on GitHub.
A Mental Health EHR Company
- Converted a traditional server-based application to containers. Set up a fully automated build pipeline in GitHub Actions. Created a fully automated deployment system for it on Amazon ECS using GitHub Actions and Terraform.
- Created a VPN for the AWS infrastructure and set up access for other developers.
- Integrated the back end with Datadog to get helpful logging and metrics.
- Managed IAM users and permissions for the application.
- Oversaw network accessibility via VPCs, subnets, security groups, network ACLs, etc. Necessary for HIPAA concerns.
- Backed up and restored RDS instances to ensure they ran on encrypted volumes.
- Decommissioned and backed up old Amazon EC2 servers after migrating the application to Amazon ECS.
- Wrote lots of documentation, deployment plans and reports, roadmaps, and processes.
President | CEO
Metaphysics Industries, Inc.
- Developed a 3D game engine using cross-platform C# and OpenGL and a companion library that loads models from FBX files.
- Developed and maintained a custom in-house task-tracking tool.
- Planned and executed deployments of various applications using Docker/Kubernetes, Ansible/Terraform, Nginx, and PostgreSQL.
- Developed several Python web apps using the Flask framework, together with SQLAlchemy.
- Developed a mathematics visualization app with animated 3D graphs. It included a run-time compilation mechanism to increase performance.
Major Healthcare Company
- Developed a Python framework for integration testing of container-based gRPC microservices running in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Managed several aspects of an automated CI/CD pipeline that ran several sets of tests, collected results and reports, and pushed them to AWS S3 so that other team members could review the pass and fail state of test suites.
- Created a tool that would create Jira tickets from GitLab CI/CD pipeline failures and post messages to a Slack channel.
- Worked with operations engineers to make sure the necessary resources for testing were available, including AWS S3 and ECR storage and network access.
Software Developer in Test | QA
- Developed a testing tool for HTTP proxies that acts both as a client and a server, first in Python, then in Groovy. It required writing HTTP handling from scratch to test cases where a component sends an invalid request or response.
- Maintained and expanded an in-house performance testing system. It would Git-clone performance test scripts and spin up load generators dynamically on OpenShift.
- Wrote a lot of end-to-end system integration tests for complex REST APIs.
- Developed C++ algorithms for analyzing 3D scans of solid surfaces to objectively measure changes in the surface.
- Extended a GUI application for interfacing with the 3D scanner and manipulating and analyzing the resulting mesh.
- Developed a method for adapting windowed image filters for use on mesh vertices. Wrote a paper on said method and presented it at a conference.
Troublemakers Video Game
Published Research Articlehttps://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-proceedings-of-spie/8406/84060O/Local-enhancement-and-denoising-algorithms-on-arbitrary-mesh-surfaces/10.1117/12.920870.short
A method for adapting 2D image filters to the surfaces of arbitrary 3D models. I developed the method, wrote a paper about it, and presented it at an industry conference.
Generalized LR Parserhttps://github.com/metaindu/MetaphysicsIndustries.Giza/
.NET, Flask, Spock Framework, Mono, Monogame, .NET Core, Microsoft Kinect, Selenium, Cypress, gRPC, Bootstrap 3, Bootstrap, Jinja
Testing, REST, Refactoring, Test-driven Development (TDD), Microservices, Microservices Architecture, RESTful Development, Test Automation, Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Compiler Design, Scrum, Agile, DevOps
OOP Designs, 3D Math, 3D Printing, HTTP, GUI, Game Development, 3D Games, Game Engine Programming, Digital Imaging, Proxies, Proxy Servers, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, CI/CD Pipelines, RESTful Microservices, RESTful Services, RESTful Web Services, Containerization, Containers, Container Orchestration, API Testing, Test Automation Frameworks, Performance Testing, Frameworks, Integration Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Back-end, Back-end Development, APIs, Amazon RDS, Parsers, 3D Scanning, Programming Languages, SSH, Basic SSH, Image Processing, 3D Image Processing, Geometry, Computational Geometry, Graphs, 3D, Gunicorn, OSI Model, Transport Layer Security (TLS), AWS VPN, Amazon MQ, Cloudflare, Serverless, FastAPI, Apache Cassandra, WebSockets
OpenGL, SQLAlchemy, REST APIs, POSIX, CLI Parser, Node.js, Flask-RESTful, OpenSSL, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Selenium WebDriver, Protobuf, Jira REST API, Slack API, Apache HttpClient, GitHub API, Dotenv
Autodesk FBX SDK, Travis CI, PyCharm, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Apache JMeter, Apache Maven, C#.NET WinForms, Amazon EBS, GitHub, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon EKS, AWS ELB, AWS IAM, AWS CLI, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Ansible, Blender, Coveralls, OpenSSH, NGINX, Supervisord, Docker Hub, IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Confluence, Atom, MeshLab, Microsoft Visual C++, WebdriverIO, Apache Tomcat, SonarQube, Sonar, Slack, Apache, Apache HTTP Server, Microsoft Excel, Grafana, Helm, Terraform, AWS Fargate, Amazon Transcribe, RabbitMQ, Amazon CloudWatch, MonoDevelop, Cron
Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Win32, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift, Linux, MacOS, Android, Xbox, Windows, Apache2, New Relic, AWS Lambda, Parse
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQLite, Database Administration (DBA), JSON, PostgreSQL, Database Performance, Datadog, Microsoft SQL Server, XML Schema, Cassandra, NoSQL, MongoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Texas at San Antonio - San Antonio, TX
Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer