President | CEO2006 - PRESENTMetaphysics Industries, Inc.
Technologies: C#, C#.NET, C#.NET WinForms, 3D Games, 3D Math, Game Engine Programming, Xbox, OpenGL, Python, Python 2, Python 3, Programming Languages, Compiler Design, Digital Imaging, Flask, Flask-RESTful, SQLAlchemy, Docker, PostgreSQL, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, Autodesk FBX SDK, Nginx, Bitcoin, Bitcoind, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Bash, Bash Script, SSH, Ansible, AWS, AWS EC2, AWS EBS, Supervisord, Docker Hub, MySQL, 3D Printing, SQL, Continuous Delivery (CD), Coveralls, Blender, OOP Designs, Testing, REST, .NET, Android, Game Development, QA Automation, Travis CI, Bootstrap 3, Bootstrap, HTML, HTML4, 3D, HTML5, Jinja, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, REST APIs, RESTful APIs, RESTful Microservices, RESTful Services, RESTful Development, RESTful Web Services, Apache, Apache2, Apache HTTP Server, Gunicorn, Containerization, Containers, Container Orchestration, YAML, SQLite, Microsoft Excel, Database Performance, Automated Testing, Automated Testing Frameworks, Back-end, Back-end Development
- Developed a 3D game engine using cross-platform C# and OpenGL and a companion library that loads models from FBX files.
- Developed and maintained a custom in-house task-tracking tool.
- Planned and executed deployments of various applications using Docker, Ansible, Nginx, and PostgreSQL.
- Developed several Python web apps using the Flask framework, together with SQLAlchemy.
- Developed a mathematics visualization app with animated 3D graphs. It included a run-time compilation mechanism to increase performance.
QA Engineer2020 - 2021Major Healthcare Company
- Developed a Python framework for integration testing of container-based gRPC microservices running in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Managed several aspects of an automated CI/CD pipeline that ran several sets of tests, collected results and reports, and pushed them to AWS S3 so that other team members could review the pass and fail state of test suites.
- Created a tool that would create Jira tickets from GitLab CI/CD pipeline failures and post messages to a Slack channel.
- Worked with operations engineers to make sure the necessary resources for testing were available, including AWS S3 and ECR storage and network access.
Software Developer in Test | QA2012 - 2019Rackspace
Technologies: Spock Framework, Groovy, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Python, Java, Apache JMeter, Apache Maven, Testing, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, OpenStack, SQLAlchemy, Refactoring, Bash, Bash Script, Python 2, Linux, Basic SSH, SSH, Test-driven Development (TDD), GitHub, Git, Jira, Confluence, AWS, AWS EC2, Atom, SQL, Continuous Delivery (CD), Coveralls, OOP Designs, HTTP, REST, Apache Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Scrum, Agile, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, Travis CI, SonarQube, Sonar, CI/CD Pipelines, Microservices, RESTful Microservices, Microservices Architecture, DevOps, REST APIs, RESTful APIs, RESTful Services, RESTful Web Services, RESTful Development, Apache HttpClient, Containers, Containerization, Container Orchestration, YAML, API Testing, Test Automation, Test Automation Frameworks, Automated Testing, Performance Testing, Grafana, Helm, New Relic, Automated Testing Frameworks, Integration Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Back-end, Back-end Development
- Developed a testing tool for HTTP proxies that acts both as a client and a server, first in Python, then in Groovy. It required writing HTTP handling from scratch to test cases where a component sends an invalid request or response.
- Maintained and expanded an in-house performance testing system. It would Git-clone performance test scripts and spin up load generators dynamically on OpenShift.
- Wrote a lot of end-to-end system integration tests for complex REST APIs.
Chief Engineer2010 - 2011Interdisciplinary Solutions
Technologies: Microsoft Kinect, GUI, Win32, 3D Scanning, C++, MeshLab, Image Processing, 3D Image Processing, Geometry, Computational Geometry, Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
- Developed C++ algorithms for analyzing 3D scans of solid surfaces to objectively measure changes in the surface.
- Extended a GUI application for interfacing with the 3D scanner and manipulating and analyzing the resulting mesh.
- Developed a method for adapting windowed image filters for use on mesh vertices. Wrote a paper on said method and presented it at a conference.