Co-founder2017 - PRESENTLightbulb Labs
Technologies: C#, Unity, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Game AI, Networking, PhysX, System Integration, Game Physics, Gameplay Development, C, C++
- Created a framework that manages multiple vehicles operating in a low-latency and low-bandwidth environment. This system also controls user interaction with physical vehicles.
- Released, with a partner, Find the Mustache (an ARKit product) to Apple's App Store which was featured in AR Games We Love; also developed the spatial systems for AR, user interactions, environmental systems, and more.
- Partnered with Merge Labs to develop an AR game, Cube Conquest, for Merge Cube which included creating character behaviors, the level creation system, and many fundamental systems for the game. Vuforia was the AR tech used.
Founder2015 - PRESENTVirtually Invincible
Technologies: C#, Unity, AWS, Networking, PhysX, Game AI, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), 3D Character Animation, Game Physics, Gameplay Development
- Developed an esports, online networked, mobile VR game called Disc League (this was a launch title for Oculus Social). This game has networked physics, dedicated authoritative servers on AWS, client-side prediction, and full-body avatars.
- Managed several artists (local and remote) for all stages of art production from previsualization to final production. The artists included a few character modelers and several environment artists.
- Oversaw the business contacts at Oculus and HTC for the release, promotion, and integration with latest hardware, including new controllers and new headsets. The platforms included Oculus Go, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Google Daydream, and Vive Focus (China).
Lead Software Engineer | Systems Engineer | Technical Assessor2009 - 2015CAE
Technologies: C++, C#, Ruby on Rails (RoR), JRuby, Geospatial Data, System Integration, Networking
- Led a remote US team to create an intelligence training website which included establishing the architecture, managing development, and mentoring C++ engineers to learn a new language and web framework (Ruby on Rails).
- Managed a team in the development of a 3D geospatial data editor desktop application which included overseeing the architecture, coding and mentoring of the team. The app was built from scratch in .NET with OpenGL.
- Guided engineers' technical growth and graded technical abilities for annual assessments for all engineers at the Orlando office.
- Worked in cross-functional teams to create pipelines that processed model data to address problems with sensor displays in image generators.
- Spearheaded and worked on several other efforts involving the integration of heterogenous systems into flight simulations, vehicle maintenance, and sensor simulations.
Software Engineer2005 - 2009Electronic Arts
Technologies: C++, 3D Character Animation, Game Physics, Gameplay Development, Game AI
- Worked in a central technology team and provided gameplay, animation, and graphics capabilities and created custom character animation capabilities, facial animation systems, and other gameplay systems.
- Developed—within cross-functional teams of engineers, managers, producers, animators, modelers, and other game teams—games for several platforms including PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, and PC.
- Pushed the boundaries of the in-house game engine to perform arcade-like gameplay and dramatic animations to satisfy the creative intent of a new product.
Software Engineer2004 - 2005Sensory Sweep
Technologies: C, C++, Nintendo DS, GameBoy Advance, Game AI, Gameplay Development
- Built Maya plugins for scripters to create levels. The plugin included a custom scripting language, meta elements, tags and timelines for scripted actions, and interactivity for an unreleased game on the Nintendo DS.
- Wrote the poker logic and money handling systems for World Championship Poker for the Nintendo DS.
- Created the artificial intelligence for a tactical game on the Nintendo GBA. The game AI included A* pathfinding and decision logic for all non-player characters.