Verified Expert in Engineering
Riley is a mobile developer with four years of experience working in various software development roles. He has contributed to several published mobile apps and is currently working on a fitness-social app that is already being tested on TestFlight. Besides being skilled in several technologies, Riley is enrolled in a bachelor's degree in computer science at the University of British Columbia to expand his knowledge and skills, enabling him to solve more meaningful and challenging problems.
React Native, Laravel, Vue
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a mobile app that allows users to create fitness programs and meet other practitioners at the gym.
Fire Flower Apps Ltd.
- Worked on more than 10 Laravel web applications for clients of various sectors, such as eCommerce, education, and nonprofit.
- Used Laravel to create an eCommerce store with subscriptions and a point-of-sale integration of physical store locations, build a content management system using Laravel Nova, and integrate REST APIs into mobile apps.
- Took a lead role in multiple large scope projects and acted as the company expert in React Native and REST API development with Laravel.
- Helped to define the company standards around the tech stack, project structure, and code quality.
- Provided mentorship and helped less experienced developers adopt our mobile tech stack.
While developing this app, I
• Designed and implemented an intuitive and robust tool that
allows users to create their own fitness programs
• Built a real-time chat feature using Pusher Websockets.
• Integrated Stripe Connect to create a subscription-based marketplace between personal trainers and clients
• Iterated over several UI/UX designs to create a unique, intuitive, and beautiful UI for the app.
Laravel, React Native
REST APIs, Vue, Stripe API, Pusher
APIs, Algorithms, Data Structures, Machine Learning
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Human-computer Interaction (HCI), UI Design
iOS, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of British Columbia - Kelowna, BC, Canada