Riley's background is in eCommerce development. He was the technical co-founder of a mobile app eCommerce startup and a digital transformation consultant at PwC, where he helped move Canada's largest enterprises online. He has five years of development experience, including on platforms such as Shopify, Stripe, Zoom, Monday.com, GCP, AWS, and GSuite. Riley brings experience in the retail, financial services, and utility sectors. He holds a degree in electrical engineering.
React Native, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), G Suite, Stripe, Shopify, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Ruby on Rails (RoR), Next.js
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a mobile app startup I co-founded with the mission of reducing congestion in busy cities by using parking spaces more efficiently.
- Relaunched the website with new functionality to multiple cities when gyms began opening up post-COVID-19.
- Created new landing pages, FAQ pages, and a new user experience where users could reserve fitness classes either virtually or in-person, whereas, during COVID-19, they could only book classes virtually.
- Updated the experience to use asynchronous calls instead of full-page reloads in order to modernize the experience and make the site feel more performant.
Senior Solutions Engineer
- Provided solution engineering and product strategy recommendations to help developers ensure their Shopify apps are of the highest quality possible. Helped launch 12 new app features in 2020 and bring five new apps to market.
- Analyzed the eCommerce market to discover merchant needs. Used my knowledge to help developers shape the product strategy of their app.
- Reduced the average load time of five Shopify apps by 20% through my knowledge of Shopify's architecture, API architecture, and front-end development.
- Contributed to the Shopify core codebase and API documentation.
- Designed and built a mobile app to modernize Vancouver's downtown parking spaces by allowing city citizens to share their spaces.
- Demonstrated my self-starter attributes and my ability to be productive and drive progress in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Developed cloud architecture and architecture roadmap for our solution as it scaled.
Digital Transformation Consultant
- Collaborated with enterprise customers to build and launch 10 custom-built automation products for clients in the telecommunications, professional services, public, and retail industries.
- Demonstrated strong management and organizational capability as a member of a three-person Program Management Office overseeing a 15-subteam, $60 million, six-year digital transformation.
- Designed a campaign to drive the adoption of new technology (G-Suite) during a large-scale digital transformation. The project director allowed me to lead the training and adoption team as a result of my positive interactions with the client.
MyTropolis Inc. Mobile App
The app was build in React Native which connected to a Ruby on Rails API hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
eCommerce Sentiment Analyzer
The API connected to Google Machine Learning services and was hosted on GCP.
Travel Time Analytics API
This API functioned by connecting to the Google Maps API and was hosted on Amazon Web Services.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), React Native, Django, Flutter, Next.js
G Suite, Zoom
APIs, Product Strategy, Computer Vision
Stripe API, React
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Queen's University - Kingston, ON