Verified Expert in Engineering
Rinto is a highly experienced and successful product lead, technical architect, and full-stack lead developer with a proven track record of delivering wide-ranging solutions from websites, mobile apps, and UX design. Apart from being an active open source contributor, Rinto is passionate about creating UX, UI, visual, and branding for medium and small-scale designs. He has also provided leadership experience to startups in Social Media, Banking, and SaaS companies.
Git, Visual Studio, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've created was as a graphic visual designer building React apps using a WYSIWYG editor. It was built completely using React, Electron, and Node.js.
- Spearheaded an innovative platform for dynamic forms via a user-friendly interface, Ensured a seamless workflow execution and robust validation, offering flexibility across applications.
- Tailored the dynamic forms platform for real estate and aligned features with property workflows, fine-tuning for efficiency in meeting industry-specific demands.
- Collaborated with the business team, translating concepts to designs, overseeing implementation, and ensuring a cohesive technical-business integration.
- Assumed technical leadership and provided strategic guidance, resolving challenges to align the solution with the business strategy and delivering a product meeting functional and strategic goals.
Senior Consultant | UX Designer | Tech Lead
GM - Highlighter Inc
- Headed design and architecture of GM, a top-grossing app in multiple countries for connecting people through Video/Audio calls.
- Designed, built, and launched a social media app for worldwide customers for video and audio calls, resulting in a 200K customer base.
- Implemented data-tracking tools that help stakeholders track business metrics and compare them against product goals.
Senior Consultant and Tech Lead
- Designed (including UI/UX) and implemented the app from the ground up using React Native and React Native for the web. Conceptualized a server codebase that accelerated the overall performance of the team many folds.
- Participated in designing the product directions and features and managed a team of 11 full-stack developers to build, deploy and maintain the app.
- Provided adequate training to team members and formulated and implemented DevOps processes focused on performance, minimizing downtime, and improving the team's overall efficiency.
Senior Consultant | Tech Lead
- Developed an application in React Native that will capture book cover images to text using an OCR service and allow users to create notes based on a portion of the text.
- Managed a team of 12 full-stack developers. Assisted the team with the review, technical decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Oversaw the technical architecture and UI/UX design. Designed some of the user workflows.
- Implemented video chat platform using React, Agora, Firebase, and Google Cloud.
Tata Consultancy Services
- Designed and implemented a visual designer to create app screens using React, D3.js, Electron, and several other industry-leading tools. Created a renderer that can export the project as a React and React Native project.
- Created a component library of various visualization components using D3.js and integrated it with a visual designer functionality; this can be used to develop visualization apps using hybrid technology.
- Built an API layer for analyzing selected tweets for entities and their relationship with other entities; it notes the time and places using Java and other NLP libraries such as Stanford NLP and OpenNLP.
- Developed a reusable cross-platform framework, StateX, for state management which can be configured with React and Angular.
- Designed and implemented a ticket-booking app and integrated it with a payment gateway using React Native and TypeScript.
- Developed a web application with drag-and-drop ability to customize the middleware product built on top of WSO2 products. Configured WSO2 Carbon middleware products, OSGi framework, and Hazelcast.
Associate | Senior Solution Developer
Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Created an API layer to capture and distribute insurance data using Java, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Developed IBM WebSphere portlets to capture and distribute data.
- Crafted a visual design for the overall website and created a theme-based design for which I received an award for excellence.
- Created modules for data extractions and transformation using a GoldenSource system based on Pro*C/C++.
- Developed an ETL solution using Informatica to extract and load data from various sources, including data feeds from Bloomberg in a flat-file format.
- Supported the multiple migrations of the production system from the old format to the new data feed format; this included extensive planning, coding, testing, implementing a system upgrade in the simulated environments, and the final execution.
- Supported multiple source code releases into production and helped the support team troubleshoot production-critical issues.
- Created a tool for bulk data uploads using multiple languages and platforms; Excel (VB6) as the front-end, a Java-based API as a middle layer, and a Pro C++-based transformation layer for validation and upload.
Virtual Scroll for Angularhttps://github.com/rintoj/ngx-virtual-scroller
This method is effective because the number of DOM elements is always constant and tiny irrespective of the size of the list. Thus, the virtual scroll can display endlessly, efficiently growing a list of items.
This open source project is an Angular-compatible module that has an easy-to-use API and supports multi-columns. We achieved 82,000 downloads.
GQL Hook Codegenhttps://github.com/rintoj/gql-hook-codegen
It is a predictable state container, just like Redux. It helps users implement a unidirectional data flow (Flux architecture) easily and elegantly without much boilerplate code. This library's main objective is to provide an implementation that has minimal touchpoints—while delivering all the benefits of Redux. StateX uses an RxJS library at its heart, promising an efficient data flow. The attachment contains examples with Angular (with and without decorators) and React (with and without TypeScript and decorators).
This has easy-to-use configurations and APIs. This module supports schema-based collections, advanced querying, bulk operations, and automatic history. This library comes with an in-house OAuth2 authentication module, thus making it useful for creating an end-to-end API layer.
React Native, Redux, Flux, Electron, Jest, Express.js, Angular, Next.js
Git, Expo.io, Mongoose, Webpack 2, React Apollo, Figma, Firebase Authentication, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Expo, Zeplin, Amazon Cognito, Agora, AWS ELB
Mobile Development, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Microservices, UX Design
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Kubernetes, Oracle Database, Mobile, Android, iOS, Unix, MacOS, AWS ALB, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MongoDB, Cloud Firestore, Databases, Google Cloud, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle SQL, Oracle 10g, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
Flux Architecture, Apollo Server, Computer Science, User Experience (UX), Stripe Payments, Unix Shell Scripting, GitFlow, Analytics, WSO2, Software Development, CI/CD Pipelines, Libraries, Web Applications, Startups, Web UX
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Karunya Institute of Technology - Coimbatore, India
Standard XII (Higher Secondary Certificate) in Computer Science
Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala Government - Kerala, India