Senior Software Engineer, Telemedicine Consultants R&D2017 - PRESENTIDEXX Laboratories
Technologies: .NET Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, AngularJS
- Implemented the external customer-facing web interface for the global Telemedicine platform.
- Used the .NET Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, and AngularJS to write robust APIs and components that scale.
- Advocated for the .NET SignalR hub to deliver real-time messages and updates between applications which significantly simplified the application logic.
- Conducted extensive UX work in HTML5/CSS3 by designing and implementing key features and business metrics on a responsive dashboard.
- Worked daily in a team with a geographically distributed US-based team in an Agile environment.
- Focused on messaging within and between various independent components where reliable communication is not guaranteed and precise timing is critical.
Contractor, Telemedicine Consultants R&D with Base36, Inc.2017 - 2017IDEXX Laboratories
Technologies: AngularJS, Java, .NET Framework, Node.js
- Provided key contributions to the core Telemedicine platform in the realm of AngularJS and Git.
- Used in-depth understanding of AngularJS to write quality components and directives that significantly improved responsiveness.
- Helped design and implement a responsive dashboard for key business metrics.
- Wrote scripts which, when used in combination with Jenkins, facilitated the automated deployment that saved QA testers time.
- Learned how to write performant and robust business logic using Microsoft SQL Server and .NET Framework.
Contractor, Hematology Systems R&D2016 - 2017IDEXX Laboratories
Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, AngularJS, Python, MySQL, AWS
- Designed and implemented a RESTful application using Spring Boot, AngularJS, and MySQL.
- Drafted a migration plan for legacy deprecation. Gathered requirements directly from scientists and incorporated feedback iteratively in an Agile ecosystem.
- Implemented multiple access level client-side applications in AngularJS.
- Organized a full migration to AWS EC2 and RDS instances, all within a VPC.
- Used Python to solve ad-hoc problems and demonstrate early stage software proof-of-concepts.
Independent Consultant2016 - 2016Competitive Energy Services
- Provided software consulting services and extensive domain knowledge to the in-house team.
- Utilized multiple channels to ensure excellent communication and alignment of goals; teleconferenced on a frequent basis.
- Cooperated with the team to facilitate knowledge transfers when necessary.
- Defined critical defects and helped draft new stories and requirements.
- Worked hard to ensure software was ready for alpha production deployment. Successfully reached this goal and released ahead of schedule.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Competitive Energy Services
- Led the development on the flagship procurement and pricing application.
- Worked with the pricing team to gather the evolving requirements in an Agile environment.
- Implemented features and stayed aware of changing requirements.
- Developed monthly energy usage smoothing and gap filling algorithm, saving pricing analysts significant time and effort.
- Worked with energy analysts and CEO to automate solar net-excess generation crediting with the goal of forecasting monthly credits for budgeting purposes.
- Maintained multiple Linux instances in four different environments.
- Set up the developer environments with Vagrant including local instances and database connections.
Data Analyst/Programmer2014 - 2015Competitive Energy Services
- Gathered the historical, current and forecasted meteorological variables for predictive analysis and demand response. Used data to analyze and predict seasonal temperatures and weather patterns.
- Designed a high-integrity relational database structure in MySQL. Wrote performant views and queries for reporting purposes.
- Designed a expense-reporting system for management in PHP.
- Set up application-level procedures for database migrations between MySQL and Microsoft SQL databases. Facilitated the automated entry of data, passed through the service layer, in order to enforce business rules.
IT Intern2014 - 2014Competitive Energy Services
- Automated monthly supplier payments billing cycle using PHP and MySQL. Ran payment programs on a monthly basis and adjusted conditional business logic through a web interface.
- Wrote PHP scripts to automate analyst and pricing workflows.
- Learned how to implement various Git workflows and when you'd choose one workflow over another.
- Collaborated with a lead software engineer to develop early stages of pricing and procurement software API, and to gain an understanding of the domain and legacy solution.
- Worked with systems engineer to gain an understanding of network security and maintainable infrastructure, including AWS.