CTO | Developer2022 - PRESENTLinvest Group LLC
- Served as a CTO of a web-based financial services startup for luxury asset platform implementation.
- Managed a remote core development team. Created tasks, provided guidance, and reviewed progress. Oversaw a team of 6+ consisting of project managers, back-end developers, and UX engineers.
- Worked with the founder and COO to create requirements and manage estimates, including costs and timelines.
Back-end Developer2020 - PRESENTUSRx LLC
- Developed a core skincare eCommerce website serving millions of visitors.
- Worked with the senior developers and eCommerce manager to create estimates.
- Replicated and replaced third-party services with in-house solutions.
Senior Software Engineer | Telemedicine Consultant R&D2017 - PRESENTIDEXX Laboratories
Technologies: AngularJS, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, Node.js, React, Redux, Software Architecture, Responsive
- Implemented the external customer-facing web interface for a global telemedicine platform.
- Used the .NET Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, Node.js, and AngularJS to write robust APIs and components that scale.
- Advocated for the .NET SignalR hub to deliver real-time messages and updates between applications which significantly simplified the application logic.
- Conducted extensive UX work in HTML5 and CSS3 by designing and implementing key features and business metrics on a responsive dashboard.
- Worked daily in a team with a geographically distributed US-based team in an Agile environment.
- Focused on messaging within and between various independent components where reliable communication is not guaranteed, and precise timing is critical.
- Migrated AngularJS SPA to React and Redux, improving performance significantly.
Developer with Shopify API Experience for Consultation2022 - 2022Wake Hong Kong Limited
Technologies: Shopify API, Shopify, Software Architecture
- Developed a proprietary Shopify integration to interface with embedded IoT devices.
- Worked with the founder to create and define requirements and estimate costs. Provided consulting services to with embedded systems team.
- Coordinated business activities across a span of time zones, including Hong Kong, Hawaii, and Ukraine.
Shopify App Expertise2021 - 2021IC Group, Inc.
Technologies: Shopify API, Shopify, Software Architecture
- Designed a custom private Shopify app to serve customers.
- Worked directly with the CEO to develop and manage requirements.
- Provided documentation and consulting for an in-house development team.
Shopify Plugin Developer2020 - 2020Solydaria, Inc.
Technologies: Shopify, Shopify API, Software Architecture
- Developed proprietary Shopify integration to serve exclusive discounts to members.
- Worked directly with the founder to create requirements and tasks.
- Leveraged free cloud services to ensure high availability and lower costs.
Senior Engineer2020 - 2020Alma Flowers, LLC
Technologies: Shopify Plus, Shopify, Shopify API, Shopify Design
- Developed a Shopify flower delivery website serving the continental US.
- Worked directly with the CEO and lead designer to develop content.
- Worked with the project manager to create and update tasks.
Google Analytics | Google Tag Manager Expert2019 - 2019Boosted
- Reviewed analytics configuration with various stakeholders to understand goals.
- Worked with in-house analytics leader to gain an understanding of existing solutions.
- Provided recommendations for future development of analytics services.
Cryptocurrency Articles Writer2018 - 2018CoinCentral
Technologies: Writing & Editing, Ethereum, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency
- Created and developed cryptocurrency content for a core website.
- Researched up-to-date cryptocurrency market news and linked citations.
- Worked with editors to refine topics and pivot when necessary.
Contractor | Telemedicine Consultant R&D2017 - 2017IDEXX Laboratories
Technologies: Node.js, .NET, Java, AngularJS, Microsoft Power Automate, Business Services
- Provided vital contributions to the core Telemedicine platform in the realm of AngularJS and Git.
- Used in-depth understanding of AngularJS to write quality components and directives that significantly improved responsiveness.
- Helped design and implement a responsive dashboard for key business metrics.
- Wrote scripts that facilitated the automated deployment that saved QA testers time when used in combination with Jenkins.
- Learned how to write performant and robust business logic using Microsoft SQL Server and .NET Framework.
Contractor, Hematology Systems R&D2016 - 2017IDEXX Laboratories
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Python, AngularJS, Spring, Java, Microsoft Power Automate
- Designed and implemented a RESTful application using Spring Boot, AngularJS, and MySQL.
- Drafted a migration plan for legacy deprecation. Gathered requirements directly from scientists and incorporated feedback iteratively in an Agile ecosystem.
- Implemented multiple access level client-side applications in AngularJS.
- Organized a full migration to AWS EC2 and RDS instances, all within a VPC.
- Used Python to solve ad-hoc problems and demonstrate early stage software proof-of-concepts.
Independent Consultant2016 - 2016Competitive Energy Services
- Provided software consulting services and extensive domain knowledge to the in-house team.
- Utilized multiple channels to ensure excellent communication and alignment of goals; teleconferenced on a frequent basis.
- Cooperated with the team to facilitate knowledge transfers when necessary.
- Defined critical defects and helped draft new stories and requirements.
- Worked hard to ensure software was ready for alpha production deployment. Successfully reached this goal and released ahead of schedule.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Competitive Energy Services
- Led the development of the flagship procurement and pricing application.
- Worked with the pricing team to gather the evolving requirements in an Agile environment.
- Implemented features and stayed aware of changing requirements.
- Developed monthly energy usage smoothing and gap-filling algorithm, saving pricing analysts significant time and effort.
- Worked with energy analysts and CEO to automate solar net-excess generation crediting with the goal of forecasting monthly credits for budgeting purposes.
- Maintained multiple Linux instances in four different environments.
- Set up the developer environments with Vagrant including local instances and database connections.
Data Analyst | Programmer2014 - 2015Competitive Energy Services
- Gathered the historical, current, and forecasted meteorological variables for predictive analysis and demand response. Used data to analyze and predict seasonal temperatures and weather patterns.
- Designed a high-integrity relational database structure in MySQL. Wrote performant views and queries for reporting purposes.
- Designed an expense-reporting system for management in PHP.
- Set up application-level procedures for database migrations between MySQL and Microsoft SQL databases. Facilitated the automated entry of data, passed through the service layer, in order to enforce business rules.
IT Intern2014 - 2014Competitive Energy Services
- Automated monthly supplier payments billing cycle using PHP and MySQL. Ran payment programs on a monthly basis and adjusted conditional business logic through a web interface.
- Wrote PHP scripts to automate analyst and pricing workflows.
- Learned how to implement various Git workflows and when you'd choose one workflow over another.
- Collaborated with a lead software engineer to develop early stages of pricing and procurement software API, and to gain an understanding of the domain and legacy solution.
- Worked with a systems engineer to gain an understanding of network security and maintainable infrastructure, including AWS.