Verified Expert in Engineering
Gameplay Software Developer
Rob is a software engineer with seven years of professional experience and a huge passion for game development. In 2015, he obtained a bachelor's degree in computer science with a mathematics minor. He worked as a game engineer, a full-stack engineer for web development, and a student researcher for a nuclear engineering facility. Recently, Rob started his own software engineering business that has released two apps to the Google Play and App Store to date.
Slack, Git, Visual Studio, Unity, C#
The most amazing...
...algorithm I've developed is a sudoku solver. It sounds simple on the surface, but the logic gets very complex very fast when solving hard puzzles.
Founder | Software Engineer
Game Hog Studio
- Launched two apps to the App Store and Google Play store — 10 Minute Sudoku and a utility app called Baby's First 100 Foods.
- Hit the top 25 in the App Store in the first week for the food and drink category with Baby's First 100 Foods.
- Completed a 3D battle game for a game jam that lasted a week.
Gameplay Software Engineer
- Created the entire gliding system from scratch, including the ability for characters with wings to glide and enter updrafts to glide higher. The idea came from my innovation day project.
- Created the entire free-look camera system used by third parties to create cinematic and promotional videos.
- Worked with an engineering team to port the 3D game from PC onto mobile platforms.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Maintained the company's website for online sales of wellness products.
- Created new features on the in-house custom WPF application used for store check-outs and customer management.
- Collaborated with upper management to ensure that new feature requirements are correct to begin the software implementation.
Full-stack Software Developer
- Refactored an old report generation system into a new structure without the massive amounts of technical debt.
- Created new database structures to implement websites using the company's metadata-driven approach.
- Supported several clients with issues found during report generation.
Student Researcher, CS Team
Idaho State University, RISE Complex
- Created a professional GUI application to run a massive program that would analyze atomic neutron emissions to research nuclear processes.
- Collaborated with doctors of nuclear science to understand the complex problems that needed software to complete analysis.
- Debugged the software used for the neutron emission unfolding process to ensure that a given output is correct for a given input.
Unity, Unity3D, ASP.NET, Swing
Visual Studio, Slack, Git, Blender, Xcode, Jenkins, Subversion (SVN)
3D Graphics, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Discrete Mathematics, Entrepreneurship, Data Structures, Algorithms, Compilers, Digital Audio Workstations (DAW), Websites, Embedded Systems, PIC32, Differential Equations, Computer Networking, Google Play Store, App Store, Music Composition
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Idaho State University - Pocatello, Idaho, US