Founder/CEO2018 - PRESENTThreadCloud, Inc.
Technologies: WebAssembly, AWS, C, OpenMPI
- Created a flexible platform for large distributed-computing projects.
- Founded this company and built the core technology.
- Met with various stakeholders and investors.
- Managed a small team of engineers.
Principal2017 - 2018Section 204, LLC
- Ran this small investment fund with a friend. We placed bets on MLB games based on an algorithm I developed.
- Created a real-time betting infrastructure on AWS to take the human out of the loop.
- Theoretically bounded optimal bet sizes.
- Navigated the inconsistent landscape of casino policies.
Data Scientist2016 - 2017Macro Advisory Partners
Technologies: Python, AWS, git, Docker
- Ran Macro Advisory Partners’ data science practice.
- Interacted closely with clients, presenting data and explaining technology-related issues relevant to their interests.
- Built infrastructure to fetch, analyze, and visualize data in real-time.
- Built proprietary natural-language indices around issues relevant to the firm and its clients.
- Revamped the firm’s security practices.
Course Assistant/Research Assistant2015 - 2017Stanford University
- Researched misuse-resistant hash-based signatures that remain secure on quantum computers.
- Served as Head TA for CS255 (Introduction to Cryptography), TA for CS155 (Computer and Network Security), TA for CS103 (Mathematical Foundations of Computing), TA for CS161 (Design & Analysis of Algorithms), and TA for CS110 (Principles of Computer Systems).
- Held weekly sections (lecture and problem-solving).
- Held regular office hours.
- Designed and graded programming assignments, problem sets, and exams.
Software Engineering Intern2015 - 2015Uber, Inc
Technologies: Python, Kafka, Celery
- Implemented sophisticated monitoring and analytics for Uber’s background check service.
- Improved Uber’s driver onboarding and background check flow.
- Implemented an OCR pipeline to automatically retrieve information from driver documents.
- Implemented an experimental machine-learning library for image classification.
Software Engineering Intern2014 - 2014In-Q-Tel/Lab41
Technologies: Python, Neo4J, iGraph, Docker
- Researched and implemented cutting-edge community detection algorithms for graphs. Read about one of my implementations at lab41.github.io (Exploring the CONGO).
- Shared optimal community detection approaches for real-world situations with various stakeholders.