Head of Devops2018 - PRESENTRoivant Sciences
Technologies: Ruby, Chef, AWS, Vagrant, Terraform, Packer, Vault, Jenkins, Python, NodeJS, Okta, SAML
- Created a devops team.
- Trained other developers.
- Built a complete operations infrastructure from scratch.
- Enabled developers to deploy over 10x/week without devops intervention.
SRE2017 - 2018Spotify
Technologies: Python, LDAP, SAML, Linux, Okta, Workday, Coupa
- Managed Okta installation, onboarding 300+ apps.
- Built Workday/LDAP/Okta integration for on- and off-boarding automation.
- Designed framework for further integrations to Workday, LDAP, and Okta.
- Supported custom Okta/Coupa integration.
Owner2014 - 2017Greenfish Bluefish
Technologies: Devops, Ruby, Python, Agile Transformation
- Built a consulting company with over six clients.
- Led agile transformations in all clients.
- Led devops transformations in most clients.
- Built a devops practice at a regional consulting company.
- Trained multiple sysadmins and developers as devops engineers.
Vice President2013 - 2014JP Morgan Chase
Technologies: Ruby, Puppet, Bash, Linux, RPM, NodeJS, Devops
- Designed operational processes for 240 NodeJS developers building the new Chase.com site.
- Architected NodeJS repository management for handling security issues.
- Built team to manage said operational processes.
- Mentored existing devops team on new processes, procedures, and methods.
Lead Engineer2012 - 2013Inflection
Technologies: Python, Twisted, Ruby, Perl, MySQL, AWS
- Led team launching 1940census.archives.gov on over 1,000 EC2 instances in three months.
- Built back-ends for identity.com to interface with over a dozen social sites using asynchronous Python.
- Ran a globally-distributed team across four timezones.
Head of ETL2009 - 2012Grant Street Group
Technologies: Perl, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Linux, ETL
- Ran ETL team for two years, overseeing the onboarding of Miami-Dade county.
- Architected new ETL process allowing application code to be used instead of hand-crafted SQL.
- Worked on million-plus line Perl application.
- Created Cucumber-based startup for QA automation.
Consultant1999 - 2008Consulting (various)
- Designed and built data collection and ETL platform to ingest network maps from merged mobile operators.
- Maintained and extended application used to test mobile base stations by mimicking the network traffic from the telephone network.
- Designed and built reporting application that responded to changes in under two seconds. This required creating a denormalized reporting database.
- Co-founded startup to deliver a mapping application for roleplaying games where the users could create and edit maps in the browser.
- Co-founded startup to deliver a relational database where data changes were automatically tracked just like Git does for source code.
- In all cases, I make hard things easy and impossible things merely hard.