Founder2018 - PRESENTAmazonian Relics LLC
Technologies: Terragrunt, Packer, Ansible, Python, Bash, Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Managed the infrastructure for a $1 billion meditation app with an emphasis on zero downtime for deployments.
- Provisioned new tools for data engineers to ingest and process data (Apache Airflow, Apache NiFi, Jupyter Notebooks, and Sagemaker).
- Wrote and managed custom Helm charts and Terraform modules to help businesses meet the team's desired goals.
- Wrote and maintained OSS tooling along with maintaining OSS containers for several OSS tools like CFN lint, Ansible, PgBouncer, AWS CLI, and others.
Principal Site Reliability Engineer2018 - PRESENTDell
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS CloudFormation, Packer, AWS, Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes
- Created CI and CD processes from the ground up for the Dell Data Security platform as well as the Dell Insights product.
- Helped teams transition away from waterfall deployment patterns.
- Transitioned a manually provisioned infrastructure to CloudFormation and then later to Terraform.
- Created CI jobs for microservices, web UIs, and FaaS for supported applications.
- Migrated the developer build from their workstations to bamboo. Version controlled bamboo jobs with Bamboo Specs and eventually replaced Bamboo with Jenkins. Ultimately jobs are at this time version-controlled via Jenkins shared libraries.
- Worked with several teams to migrate their legacy cloud applications to Kubernetes followed with a transition to another cloud.
Site Reliability Engineer2017 - 2018Alkami
Technologies: TeamCity, Windows PowerShell, Ansible
- Managed the cloud infrastructure for Alkami's banking platforms.
- Transitioned the banking software's installation process away from Google Spreadsheets and into version-controlled ansible configurations which could be used to create AMIs via packer.
- Transitioned the infrastructure from a statically defined number of servers to a horizontally scaling architecture.
Site Reliability Engineer2015 - 2017FireHost | Armor
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, AWS, Terraform
- Migrated the Armor.com website from the Armor cloud to AWS in support of the Armor Anywhere product's launch.
- Migrated manually provisioned resources to Terraform managed resources.
- Took an active role mentoring junior SREs on tooling that our stack consisted of.