Co-owner, Director2011 - PRESENTLujo & Lujo d.o.o.
Technologies: Django, Python
- Managed the entire software product delivery process from sales to product support.
- Created a specialized application for the monitoring, remote configuring, and upgrading of smart house systems.
- Developed web services for an insurance company for integration with other legacy systems in their trusted network.
- Built a public social web application featuring a registry of famous people, including names and surnames.
Senior Software Engineer, Project Manager2011 - 2013Adacta d.o.o.
Technologies: C#, Python, Java, SQL
- Worked as a freelancer on two software products for insurance businesses that were installed in several insurance companies. Adapted and extended the products.
- Designed and implemented the core of a commission system for a big insurance company. Directed further development of the system.
- Established a new development system, greatly increasing the productivity of the team. Improved all phases, including initial setup, build, merge, automatic deployment, and DB migration.
- Worked as project manager for the implementation of a product for an insurance company.
- Established and served as admin for a code review system featuring CI with unit testing and integration with the deployment system.
Head of Development, Project Manager2002 - 2011Eu Informatika d.o.o.
Technologies: Python, Django, C, SQL, VB6
- Built a team of engineers.
- Created a software project management system.
- Implemented a quality assurance system.
- Created a web framework for pluggable applications using Django.
- Created a mini-OLAP reporting web application.
- Implemented a message broker web system.
- Created a web application for multimedia mobile marketing.
- Implemented a management web application for distributed long running processes.
- Implemented a public web application for tracking work time.
- Migrated an existing enterprise application product to a new development platform which involved the creation of a Django model generator for all enterprise application database tables.
Developer2001 - 2002Combis d.o.o.
- Led training on "Security in Public Network" including secured protocols, SSL, HTTPS, SSH, cryptography, signing, encryption, authentification, PK infrastructure (CA, certificates), etc.
- Created a VoIP pilot application using Cisco VoIP phones and Java.
- Developed using the Java stack, including web, JEE (JEE, EJB, IBM WebSphere app. server, etc.), standard edition, Swing, RPC, JMS, and more.
- Created a light ORM for unit test mocking with an API compatible with EJB.
Lead Developer1998 - 2000Sunce Osiguranje d.d.
Technologies: C, C++, VBA, SQL, awk
- Implemented a new enterprise information system in the company. Promoted to technical project leader. Brought the system to production, working with all aspects of the system.
- Customized the enterprise system, developed specialized applications, and reported on the demand of other company departments.
- Promoted to lead engineer after the IT department was joined by new members. Was responsible for problem analysis, solution design, project management, testing, and deployment. Introduced new team members to the system, including training and mentoring.
- Performed IBM DB2 database administration.
Developer1997 - 1998Koncar - INEM d.d.
- Performed basic system administration.
- Handled technical analysis and documenting.
- Developed specialized applications.
Student1996 - 1997Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Technologies: C, Assembler, ABEL
- Volunteered in the Department of Computer Systems and Processes (RASIP). Worked on various projects mainly related to designing and analyzing embeddable digital components (microprocessors, programmable logic devices, printed circuit boards) and low-level system programming.
- Created a video digitizer ISA card and software GUI application (input - analog B/W video signal, output - digitalized picture in levels of gray).
student1992 - 1993Dubrovnik High School, Croatia
Technologies: Pascal, Clipper, DBase
- Developed a simple student information system (volunteered) first released in Pascal and later rewritten in Clipper.