Data Scientist2020 - PRESENT
Technologies: R, Python, Data Science, Statistics, Modeling, Experimental Design
- Created an interpretable model to explain the following actions in the Google News app.
- Improved product dashboards to measure ecosystem diversity.
- Performed analysis of experimental metrics for proposed product changes.
- Developed custom analysis templates to automate analysis of side-by-side comparisons of news ranking changes.
Data Science Summer Intern2019 - 2019United Healthcare
Technologies: R, Causal Inference, Reinforcement Learning, SQL
- Implemented a methodology to estimate the causal effect of treatment for chronic low back pain (lumbago) treatments using propensity score matching and logistic regression to inform about treatment best practices.
- Developed an interpretable recommendation algorithm for selecting the optimal treatment for lumbago tailored to individual characteristics, demonstrating an improvement over standard care in test data and using IPWE for evaluation.
- Cleaned and validated a complicated electronic health record dataset for analyses using SQL.
Consultant2010 - 2012Mastercard
Technologies: SAS, Netezza, SQL, Statistics
- Designed and implemented the Small Business Insights engine, a data product linking small business data from multiple sources to increase sales of business banking products.
- Developed and analyzed surveys to capture public opinion about prepaid cards.
- Analyzed millions of credit card transactions using SAS and SQL to support consulting projects for retail banking clients.