Ruby Developer in United States, United States
Member since September 1, 2014
Robert is a web development enthusiast with a particular love for Ruby on Rails. He has an extensive history working with San Francisco Bay Area start-up companies. He carries a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Stanford.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Apartment List, Inc.
- Refactored a listing data import service to improve geocoding and de-duplication accuracy.
- Extended Salesforce integration to automate booking of apartment showings.
- Helped design and build an email monitoring and scam detection service.
- Built internal tools, including a photo uploader and dashboard for managing rental properties.
- Integrated third party APIs including Twilio, YesMail, Cloudinary, Librato, NewRelic, and Salesforce.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Tobi.com
- Refactored and streamlined a payment processing and order totaling service.
- Rebuilt internal APIs to integrate with multiple payment processors.
- Enabled purchases in non-USD currencies.
- Extended test coverage.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Extole Inc.
- Implemented a file uploading interface for internal users, saving them time for manually constructing SQL queries.
- Engineered a reporting and analytics web application, enabling clients to visualize trends in charts and graphs.
- Designed and implemented a pay-out rules protocol as a RESTful Rails API.
- Developed a framework that enabled the rapid creation of internal admin interfaces leveraging server-side APIs.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Rapleaf
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Haml, Sass, jQuery
- Developed a custom dashboard for customer API statistics.
- Added new metrics for tracking API usage.
- Improved algorithms for handling conflicting external data.
- Built the back-end of an email verification service.
- Rapleaf (Development)
Created a new custom dashboard displaying customer API statistics.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, Sinatra, Ember.js
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), SOLID Principles, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Functional Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Unit Testing, Event-driven Programming, Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
Libraries/APIsjQuery, jQuery UI, Twilio API, jQuery Mobile, Salesforce API
ToolsGit, Trello, GitHub, Sublime Text 2
StorageRedis, PostgreSQL, AWS S3, MySQL
PlatformsMacOS, AWS EC2, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
OtherUnix Shell Scripting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2005 - 2009Stanford University - Stanford, CA