Verified Expert in Engineering
Machine Learning Developer
Robert is a full-stack software engineer with over ten years of industry experience. He has worked with various clients, including Agile startups and larger companies, developing a broad perspective of software engineering and the processes involved. Robert currently focuses on architecting intricate multilayer applications from scratch, leveraging the collaborative power of a tight-knit team to implement each solution efficiently.
The most amazing...
...app I've architected and implemented for a client is an IoT management solution for tracking and updating a large global network of devices.
- Productized earlier proof-of-concept iterations of the client's codebase into what is now deployed in thousands of devices worldwide.
- Advised the client on methods for incorporating Agile processes and best practices into their development flow.
- Managed a small, multidisciplinary team to design and build an IoT app according to the client's needs.
- Architected, designed, and implemented an app for generating word prediction engines that could be utilized in the client's other software offerings.
- Managed a small, multidisciplinary team to design and build the app according to the client's needs.
- Carried the app through the complete development process—from initial ideation, architecture, and UI designs to implementation, deployment, and production.
- Helped PRC's engineering department modernize its flagship augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) software suite.
- Redeveloped product features in Python originally written in C/C++.
- Supported multiple platforms, including Windows and Android.
- Created and submitted numerous design proposals to be approved by PRC before development.
- Worked closely with the PRC software team to integrate new features.
- Designed and developed several highly complex features, including a word or spelling prediction algorithm and a content translation utility.
- Wrote extensive unit testing and documentation for each module submitted.
- Consulted for an Ohio startup offering a web platform for volunteer organizations to manage their events, people, and hours.
- Managed a small team of developers, incorporating Agile processes and best practices into their development flow.
- Worked closely with the researchers at Blackland Research and Extension Center to produce a practical and scientifically accurate tool to delineate watersheds.
- Learned how to read topographical GIS data as input and output vector graphs and images representative of the stream network existing within the local area.
- Wrote complete documentation of the tool and the underlying API. Published the documentation in both PDF and HTML format.
- Developed a robust error catching library to handle troublesome input data.
- Wrote extensive unit tests.
Prentke Romich (merged with PRC-Saltillo)
- Developed Realize Language, a custom web application that analyzes and graphs the speech patterns of PRC's clientele. Gained experience in a for-profit web application's development, testing, and release processes.
- Delivered a robust final product by leveraging many languages, libraries, and technologies.
- Integrated multiple back and front-end processes to produce a seamless, feature-filled user experience.
Prentke Romich (merged with PRC-Saltillo)
- Developed and supported the company's flagship AAC software suite, written in C/C++.
- Built and supported eye-tracking technology capable of tracking where or what a user's eyes are looking at on a tablet screen.
- Investigated and explored the latest cutting-edge software technology offerings and how they might be leveraged in the company's future products.
- Pioneered a first-pass prototype of—what would become—the company's next generation of software.
- Authored and maintained numerous functional and technical specifications.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Developed an open-source optic modeling tool written in Python: github.com/foxsi/foxsi-optics-sim.
- Created a model of an X-ray grazing optic module (the FOXSI telescope) that simulates how rays enter and leave the module.
- Made extensive use of Numpy/SciPy science packages.
- Made extensive use of mathematical and scientific computing background.
- Included complete documentation of code and background science.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Researched how artificial neural networks might be best used to predict certain physical properties in tires given different rubber formulations.
- Produced a MATLAB-powered tool capable of performing the property prediction, which Goodyear later incorporated into its rubber simulations.
- Gained extensive experience with MATLAB and general model building strategies.
- Gave multiple presentations and demos of the tool.
- Wrote a complete report on project and its results for Goodyear's internal use.
Ticka Python Script
Trip Manager (Web Application)
* Django-powered back-end
* Registration/Login/User Permissions
* AJAX-powered forms and tables
* Advanced data search and filtering
* RESTful API
Django REST Framework, Django, OAuth 2, Yii 2, Qt
Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, React, ZeroMQ, Scikit-learn, OpenCV, Google Ads API, Google API, Facebook API, jQuery UI, jQuery, OpenGL
Git, Terminal, Sublime Text, MATLAB, Adobe Photoshop, LaTeX, Apache
Ubuntu, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS IoT, Windows, MacOS
Gatsby, Programming, Cython, Mathematical Modeling, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Optimization
Master of Science Degree in Applied Mathematics
University of Washington - Seattle, Washington, USA
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
The College of Wooster - Wooster, Ohio, USA