Independent Contractor2016 - PRESENTPrentke Romich Company
Technologies: Python, Django
- Helped PRC's engineering department modernize their flagship AAC software suite.
- Re-developed product features in Python originally written in C/C++.
- Provided support for multiple platforms, including Windows and Android.
- Wrote and submitted numerous design proposals to be approved by PRC prior to development.
- Worked closely with the PRC software team to integrate new features.
- Designed and developed several highly complex features, including a word/spelling prediction algorithm and a content translation utility.
- Wrote extensive unit testing and documentation for each module submitted.
Independent Contractor2014 - 2014Texas A&M
- Worked closely with the researchers at Blackland Research and Extension Center to produce a practical and scientifically accurate tool to delineate watersheds.
- Learned how to read topographical GIS data as input and output vector graphs and images representative of the stream network existing within the local area.
- Wrote complete documentation of the tool and the underlying API. Published the documentation in both PDF and HTML format.
- Developed a robust error catching library to handle troublesome input data.
- Wrote extensive unit tests.
Independent Contractor2013 - 2014Prentke Romich Company
- Developed a custom web application that analyzes and graphs the speech patterns of PRC's clientele (https://realizelanguage.com/info/).
- Gained experience with the development, testing, and release process of a for-profit web application.
- Learned and mastered the Yii PHP web framework.
- Leveraged many languages, libraries, and technologies to provide a robust final product.
- Integrated multiple back-end and front-end processes to produce a seamless, feature-filled user experience.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Prentke Romich Company
Technologies: C++, Python, SQL
- Developed and supported the company's flagship AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) software suite, written in C/C++.
- Developed and supported "eye tracking" technology capable of tracking what/where a user's eyes are looking at on a tablet screen.
- Investigated and explored the latest offerings in cutting edge software technology and how it might be leveraged in the company's future products.
- Pioneered a first-pass prototype of (what would become) the company's next generation of software.
- Authored and maintained numerous functional and technical specification.
Research Assistent2011 - 2011NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Developed an open-source optic modeling tool written in Python: github.com/foxsi/foxsi-optics-sim.
- Created a model of an X-ray grazing optic module (the FOXSI telescope) that simulates how rays enter and leave the module.
- Made extensive use of Numpy/SciPy science packages.
- Made extensive use of mathematical and scientific computing background.
- Included complete documentation of code and background science.
Research Assistent2010 - 2010Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Researched how artificial neural networks might be best used to predict certain physical properties in tires given different rubber formulations.
- Produced a MATLAB-powered tool capable of performing the property prediction, which Goodyear later incorporated into its rubber simulations.
- Gained extensive experience with MATLAB and general model building strategies.
- Gave multiple presentations and demos of the tool.
- Wrote a complete report on project and its results for Goodyear's internal use.