- Software Engineer2018 - PRESENT
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Worked on a large and complex codebase with many processes alongside multiple developers.
- iOS DeveloperSafer Kid, Inc. (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Swift, HTTP Endpoints, JSON
- Worked on a pair of apps (the Child app and the Parent app) that are used for controlling and monitoring your children's phone.
- Created the Child app which provides monitoring details to the child on his/her device.
- Improved the performance and added new features to the Parent app.
- Senior iOS Developer — Seat SelectionTravelator, Inc. (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Swift 4, CocoaPods, JSON, Realm
- Implemented a complex airplane seat map view using UICollectionView.
- Provided detailed code review feedback at the line level and at the architectural level.
- Implemented a new object-oriented endpoint layer to interact with their web API at a high level.
- Promoted the use of unit tests, standard naming, and cleaner code.
- Senior iOS DeveloperIDT Corporation (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
- Refactored large portions of unfamiliar code to improve performance and code clarity.
- Improved the scrolling performance of various screens, and the loading performance of web images.
- Worked in a self-directed manner with almost no supervision.
- Senior iOS EngineerDocler USA (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, CoreImage
- Created CoreImage filters to be applied to videos, and to add image overlays to them.
- Developed a functionality like the text overlay in the Snapchat iOS app (color selection, re-positioning, scaling, and rotation).
- Reviewed the code base and performed app-wide changes to reduce potential code smells.
- Supported a movie player that used both GPUImage filters and Apple's CoreImage filters.
- Created a simple video exporter that would concatenate, apply a filter and apply an image overlay to a collection of videos.
- Senior iOS Software Engineer (Remote)Atimi2015 - 2016
Technologies: Swift, iOS, Objective-C, Parse
- Provided recommendations, support, and code review for junior developers.
- Cleaned up and refactored a substantial portion of the code base in a large iOS project written exclusively in Swift.
- Assisted designers with iOS human interface guidelines, and clients with iTunes Connect.
- Started introducing unit testing that integrates into the existing automated build process.
- Worked remotely with a distributed team in Canada, Spain, and India.
- Co-creator | iOS Software EngineerCrashional2013 - 2015
Technologies: iOS, C, Objective-C, HTTP, AES-256, JSON, Node.js, HMAC
- Developed Crashional, a real-time crash reporter library for iOS (crashional.com).
- Introduced sprints, better source control tools, and methodologies (Git and GitFlow).
- Implemented a server-side iOS debug symbols file parser using Node.js.
- Worked remotely with the another operating partner, who worked from a different country and time zone, on projects and planning.
- Acquired a much better understanding of iOS crashes and crash reports.
- Senior iOS Developer | Team LeadGB Internet Solutions2010 - 2015
Technologies: iOS, OS X, Xcode, Build Automation, App Submission Automation
- Implemented, as a part of a team, a UI that can be completely customized remotely without an app update to manage the more than 75 mobile apps that share the Open Store codebase. (More information can be found at iTunes.apple.com/us/artist/id329882313).
- Developed a custom build server and Xcode project parser and writer to automate builds. Created a tool to automatically submit apps to the Apple App Store and created an internal “App Store”.
- Improved the release cycles by introducing better methodologies and tools.
- Promoted the use of instruments to measure performance, catch leaks, and prevent crashes.
- Introduced unit tests and Xcode bots to find bugs early and allow for automated testing.
- Supervised and mentored junior developers and coordinated tasks with them.
- Developed the private library used for detection, smoothing and filtering of iBeacons. It is used by more than 75 iOS apps including GasBuddy, with millions of users worldwide.
- Built a custom side bar UI, JSON serializer/deserializer using a reflection, image downloader and cache, and internal developer tools.
- Researched and implemented SSL certificate pinning and HTTP request signing to improve security.