Ruby Backend Engineer2018 - PRESENTChloe + Isabel (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, Resque, Elasticsearch, Heroku, AWS, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Refactored the RMA process on the admin portal.
- Reconfigured TeamCity Server in order to solve memory issues allowing to run it in a instance with half the cost.
- Upgraded TeamCity Agent AMI from ubuntu 14.04 to 18.04.
- Configured TeamCity Builds to use rspec runtime information to speed up parallel tests, allowing the test suite to run twice as fast.
- Revised all AWS resources in order to increase efficiency and save up to $15k/yr without losing any processing power.
- Upgraded the project from rails 4.2 to 5.1.
- Added jemalloc which led to a +30% improvement in memory consumption in the production environment.
Backend/DevOps Engineer.2013 - 2018Monde Sistemas
Technologies: Firebird, Windows PowerShell, Delphi, AWS, PostgreSQL, GoLand, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked on the transition of a Delphi client-server application to the cloud.
- Migrated a Firebird database structure to a multi-tenant PostgreSQL.
- Developed the communication layers of a Delphi based API to allow the transition from stateful TCP to an HTTPS stateless communication protocol.
- Developed several Ruby micro-services alongside with multiple integrations with Delphi APIs.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails REST API to gradually replace the Delphi API.
- Specified continuous integration pipelines for Ruby, Go and Delphi projects.
- Developed an infrastructure automation tool in ruby on rails that is responsible for the AWS stack management for the Delphi servers, including automated deploys, provisioning of EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancers, AutoScaling groups and Route53 records.
- Developed async processes using Sidekiq.
- Developed and supported critical software routines.
- Developed deploy scripts for windows services with Powershell.
Technical leader2007 - 2013Sysmo Sistemas
Technologies: Scrum, Agile, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Java, Delphi
- Implemented and configured an ALM structure for Java projects with Jenkins.
- Conducted technical training for the team.
- Defined the architecture of a Java EE application to enable mobile and web applications to work with a legacy client-server Delphi application.
- Led a project to update a Delphi codebase with 3 million lines of code to a newest Unicode version of Delphi.
- Built database structure models with Firebird and PostgreSQL.
- Conducted analysis of technologies for upcoming projects.
- Used Agile Scrum techniques.
- Mentored junior developers.