Software Engineer2015 - 2016Poachjobs.com
- Developed a subscription system that integrated with Authorize.Net. This enabled more stable sales and added value for repeat customers—increasing the desire to post jobs with more regularity.
- Updated software as company outgrew WordPress underpinnings. This meant moving away from a PHP back-end and toward a Node.js back-end; including an API to allow them to talk to each other while being transitioned.
- Developed management tools for job feed syndication. This allowed customer reps to target specific markets with specific rules in order to improve customer value and increase satisfaction—as their jobs were targeted more closely to their market.
- Improved the onboarding workflow software for job seekers, creating a standard, easy-to-use interface for creating and uploading resumes while keeping data well formed and available to job posters.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Chromaplex LLC
Technologies: PHP, Magento, WordPress, MySQL, Git
- Developed a custom Magento plugin for creating design templates that customers could fill out and order from the printer. This allowed the company to reach a wider market than their original plan of selling PSD design templates.
- Developed a Magento site from scratch for Yoursummerskin.com—from taking in requirements to selecting the correct tools for their use cases.
- Developed the back-end management scripts for handling image uploads for print shop based on an XML manifest and a group of target prints.
Software Developer2012 - 2014Golden State Web Solutions
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, WordPress
- Updated the existing software of the firm Advancing Careers with new invoice reporting, document management, and case approval workflow. I helped them be more productive with less.
- Helped the company, Nationwide Designs, update their WordPress infrastructure, including custom plugin work for their particular pricing use case.
- Migrated Job Won!'s very old custom site over to a WordPress install to ease management for this company. This included tools to help them manage marketing and outreach, contact and lead generation, and SEO.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Motosport, Inc.
- Developed order-tracking and automated refund management. This allowed customers to see the current status of their orders, and allowed sales reps to handle refunds and returns in a systematized way.
- Provided on-call support on a rotating basis—meaning I supplied 24/7 support for week-long stints to make sure the website and order fulfillment tools were always available for customers and shipping clerks.
- Developed a sweepstakes application to drive customer growth, including a Facebook app that integrated into the main website. This included the tooling on the back-end to allow customer service teams to easily pull the latest signed-up customers without requiring developer involvement.
- Developed custom reporting and database queries for various product management back-end tooling—including converters for different excel formats and updating the database with automated tooling for product managers.
- Implemented the administration, management, and code deployment to a large numbers of servers. This included scripting, updating installed software, and handling rollbacks on any bad pushes.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Kasa Capital LLC
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Symfony, Apache, SVN
- Created lead management and sales rep scheduling software to improve direction of sales teams and closing of sales for a Groupon-like company.
- Developed and designed the database and software on the filtering and querying of a product database for the front-end of an eCommerce platform.
- Developed back-end software for event coordination with sales teams and management.
- Built custom reporting tools to expose the inventory and sales tracking figures to management.
- Helped transition the team away from SVN and into a Git style workflow—improving productivity while reducing time strains that large code bases can impose on SVN.