Senior Blockchain Scientist2018 - 2019AllCoinWallet
Technologies: TypeScript, Firebase, MySQL, Rust, WebSockets, Bitcoind, Geth, Ripple, Docker, GitHub, CircleCI
- Developed the back end of a spot trading engine for a cryptocurrency exchange. This includes the order matching algorithm, the hot wallets (address generation/transaction processing), as well as the security measures (database signatures/encryption, 2FA).
- Oversaw the code repository, approved PRs in a team of up to ten people, and implemented most of the CI infrastructure and was responsible for deployment, versioning and code review/release.
- Maintained cryptocurrency nodes for Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple.
- Wrote an extension of the BOLT Firebase rule generator that, besides generating database validation rules, also provided the associated TypeScript declarations, and scheme validators; a unified typed framework for end-to-end type-safe app development.
- Wrote a decimal library for TypeScript to overcome the limitations of the number type. This library provided great abstraction over financial calculations avoiding rounding errors, saving many hours of debugging for the whole team.
- Developed the platform's public REST API used by third parties to interface the order matching engine.
- Wrote the integration with the Simplex API to enable customers to purchase crypto assets using a credit/debit card.
- Worked with a colleague on a payment gateway and its REST API for third-party product/service invoicing in Bitcoin, with support for multi-recipient split-payments.
- Worked on multiple internal trading bots, including liquidity and arbitrage bots (these were side projects).
Co-founder | CTO2012 - 2016Pousadinhas
- Served as the sole developer of a commercial-grade hotel booking application—responsible not only for the full software stack, including DevOps but also highly involved in the business, sales, marketing, and growth aspects of the company.
- Integrated the platform with TripAdvisor's TripConnect metasearch API, which allowed partner hotels to show up on TripAdvisor with Cielo payments, for credit/debit card payments in Brazil, and with PayPal for international payments.
- Integrated the platform with the Xero accounting API, providing a real-time financial picture of the company, and with the Brazilian government servers, in order to issue electronic invoices (NFS-e).
- Built a powerful web scraper that would search the web for potential partners and automatically collect pictures and public information (address, GPS coordinates, description), building a prospectus of each property to be used by salespeople.
- Developed an automated social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Linkedin) poster that would generate pictures, shortened links, hashtags, and actual availability/pricing of hotels, scheduling days of high-quality content in minutes.
- Worked on a proprietary social media growth algorithm that would automatically acquire hundreds of new followers per week with minimal expenditure on ads.
- Designed and implemented an OAuth-based REST API used for third-party communication with the platform including the platform's mobile app; also composed the full documentation of the API.
- Designed more than 100 mobile app screens, based on the company's visual identity and functionality, which were outsourced to an external mobile development company.
- Integrated a WordPress blog engine into the platform with many customizations and tight coupling with the PHP application offering users and guest publishers a seamless experience.
Shader Compiler Intern2005 - 2006AMD (former ATI)
Technologies: C++, DirectX
- Worked for two summers at the graphics card manufacturer ATI, later acquired by AMD, as part of the Shader Compiler team. The team was responsible for delivering the just-in-time compiler that runs inside their proprietary GPU driver.
- Primarily worked on an experimental compiler optimization to exploit the parallelism of their GPU.
- Fixed bugs and wrote a few punctual optimizations for the code generator, on the production base (the summer of 2016).
- Built a tool to profile spacial coherence of the execution, aimed to gather data for further compiler improvements.
Junior Software Engineer (telecommuting position)1998 - 1999IntelliGenesis
Technologies: Java, JavaCC
- Worked for this NY-based website startup during my senior year in college. The company was focused on building an ambitious distributed AI system, inspired by the Java motto "write once, run anywhere."
- Implemented two versions of the language interpreter, using both bottom-up and top-down parsing strategies, due to the primitive support for multithreading provided by the Java language at the time.